a new home

one and the same | seulrene one shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Irene stepped inside their new humble abode, her heart swarmed with emotions that she almost forgot how to breathe. Seulgi, her wife, was right that she would love living in a place like this. White walls welcomed her sight when she stepped inside the wooden floor with the shade of beige. Bright lights shone through the windows made out aesthetically with wood; pastel pink curtain flew due to the breeze. To her left, a narrow and bright hallway would lead her to their soon to be living room. Of course the space is empty, but the older woman has a smile on her face, knowing that it’ll be filled with love, arguments, and memories of her and Seulgi.

 

“Hyun, it gets prettier when you open the curtain in this room.” Seulgi said with a warm smile as she saw her wife standing all alone in an empty room, speechless. Irene turned to Seulgi, her eyes glimmered with excitement, and her heart fluttered seeing her wife carrying brown boxes with their belongings. All the hardships they shared with each other over the four years of dating, seeing Seulgi her hair tied in a bun, wearing a simple white shirt paired with black pants, carrying what belonged to both of them, made all the tears and little heartbreaks worth it. “I’ll be back, I just need to put a few of our boxes inside.”

 

“Oh, then let me help you with it then.” She offered realizing that she spent too much time wandering around the house, and doing less in helping Seulgi with their stuffs. Seulgi laughs, “It’s okay, you can have a tour around the house. Besides you’re the one who did the packing, well mostly.” Her wife suggested, giving her a teasing wink.

 

“Are you sure?” Irene asked once more. The thing about being newly weds is that they tend to be curtious towards one another. They are sweeter and gentler to each other and the thing is, they don’t notice it.

 

“Don’t ask me again, Hyun.” Seulgi shakes her head yet her warm smile was still there. “Be back in a bit! Wait for me!” She said walking towards what looks like their new bed room.

 

The momeney Seulgi was out of Irene’s sight, she instantly misses her. A sigh escaped out of as she looked around the room. “Can I open the curtains, Seulgi-ya?!” She shouts rather softly.

 

“Yeah! Try it and you’ll see!”

 

So Irene tried. She walked towards the empty space where the wide window was placed, she realizes this window is probably the biggest inside this whole house. Yet again, the simplicity of the white curtains are delicate in her hands, the soft touch of sunlight enters the room with with Irene’s soft caress, opening it gently. Slowly but surely, she opens the blinds just as her Seulgi told her.

 

Opening it, she saw both the tall and residential buildings of the city of Seoul. There were flowers outside the window as well, it was like seeing the countryside that Joohyun always wanted to immerse herself in, and the busking metropolitan that Seulgi always loved. She’s seeing both of their preferences blending and complementing each other so well, that it she could feel her heart beating, touched by wife’s thoughtfulness.

 

“So, do you like what you see?” Seulgi’s warm voice tickled the nape of her neck, her hands slipping inside Irene’s arms, hugging her from the back. “You always told me that you love being surrounded by nature and it was a bummer back then, since I always adored the city. I love the noise of it, Hyun, since everything feels alive. But then, I realized that I wanted to hear you mumble your little hums around the flowers and everything. Sounds cheesy but I prefer you and your little hums than the city, you know?”

 

“Yeah right.” Irene snorts out of amusement, trying to hide the enormous amount of butterflies she’s feeling inside her stomach. “You’re such a good talker, you know that right?” She laughs, resting her head in Seulgi’s clavicle. As always, the smell of her favorite fabric softner lingers in her wife’s shirt, and with this a soft smile starts to form with her lips as comfort came along with it.

 

“I guess so? I mean, I got you as my wife. Maybe I am a good talker.” Seulgi replied, kissing the top of her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter