chapter one

Join the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a perfect world filled with clouds made of cotton candy, cars made of marshmallows, and houses made of gingerbread, a young girl grew up in an oblivious bubble. Today, she blows out twenty-five candles on her birthday cake and makes a silent wish. With her eyes closed, her hands clasped, and her heart repeating her wish wordlessly, the prestigious people surrounding her all clap and cheer.

The heiress of Samsung Technologies is officially of marriage age. And her simple wish?

I wish I could fall in love this year.

And a Higher Power must have been listening without anything better to do, because unbeknownst to the girl, she would soon fall in love over, and over, and over again. Somebody must have forgotten to tell the girl to be careful what she wishes for, because when the stars align and everything clicks, you could get more than you bargained for.

~*~

On a sunny Monday morning, Sandara Park awoke from her dreams, stretched out her arms, yawned a small breath out, and sat up on her queen-sized bed. A knock on her door had woken her up, and as she looked over at her bedroom door, in came her cautious nanny whom Sandara adored. Sandara grinned from ear to ear as her nanny entered the bedroom and smiled warmly back at her.

“Mrs C!” Sandara exclaimed, jumping out of bed as her nanny pulled open her curtains, letting in the blazing hot midsummer morning sun.

“Good morning, Lady Park,” Mrs C replied, causing Sandara to grimace.

“’Lady Park?!’” she scoffed, sitting down at her vanity table. Mrs C came to stand behind her, lifting the hair brush before brushing out Sandara’s tangled brown hair.

“Well, you are twenty-five now,” she met eyes with a pouty Sandara in the mirror. “Master Park ordered us to call you by ‘Lady Park’ now, as you are soon to be a married woman.”

Sandara laughed to herself and shook her head, looking away from the mirror. She fiddled with the bottles of nail polish on her vanity desk. “That’s not real,” she chuckled. “That’s just what you told me in the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter