"Jaebum"

Got You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey ya'll!!! It's a bit later than promised, but I managed to get back and update this with its first chapter. Now before reading this it'll be best if you have read His Voice first, since this is just a spin-off. I am afraid you won't be able to understand this fic fully, without knowing first about JackBum's side story in His Voice so... mind checking it out first? ^^

 

Anyway, here is the first chapter. See you at the end! :)

 

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"Were you not happy?"

It was all he could ask as he tried to look at those wavering eyes. Those eyes which always used to gaze at him with so much love, assuring him that he'll continue to love him as how he always did.

But now, those eyes were filled with sadness and uncertainty which he never thought he would see in them. What happened to them?

Seeing how the younger shook his head, still failing to give him any kind of answer, Jaebum swore he could feel his heart clenching. Fear slowly creeping inside it, filling him with worries. It's like he's seeing the end fast approaching, like in any moment, he would crash into it.

"I don't know, Jaebum. It's always been like this. I always do what you want. What you say is right. What you say I should do. But doesn't love come with support and understanding? And without one, love will fail."

Jinyoung has always been very good with words. He always admired how the younger speaks. But in their relationship, in four years of being together, not once has Jinyoung talked about them like this. It almost sound like he is regretting being in a relationship with him. It knocks his guts out, hearing everything from Jinyoung. Refusing to be completely engulfed by the silence surrounding them, Jaebum opened his mouth to speak.

"And this love we have is just like one.... a failure?" His own words felt like knives cutting his heart. With everything Jinyoung has said, this is what he understood. That Jinyoung thinks their love is a failure. And it hurts him enough... enough to come up to his decision he never thought he would ever think of making.

Looking at Jinyoung, with his eyes which he is certain, are mirroring the pain he carries in his chest, Jaebum spoke. "If this is what it looks like to you, then we better end this."

No, he doesn't want to leave Jinyoung, nor end their relationship. He loves Jinyoung so much that the thought of leaving him breaks his heart unimaginably. But for the same reason, Jaebum knows he can't keep him much longer, when Jinyoung just expressed how lonely he is for the time that they were together. 

"I love you enough to not want to give you a failure." He swallowed back the lump forming on his throat. "We should end this right now, before I fail you even more."

"No it's not-"

Surprisingly, Jaebum was able to slip his arm off from Jinyoung's hold. "What?!" he didn't mean to snap at him like that. "You already made your decision. It's time for me to make mine."

 

One.

Two.

Three.

 

Jaebum counted the steps he took, silently hoping and praying that once again, Jinyoung would stop him. But he didn't hear it. He managed to get on the plane, and still he feels like he just left his heart and mind at the spot where he also left Jinyoung.

He loves Jinyoung so much, and he never wanted to break up. But is he that selfish to keep the younger to himself, even though it is clearer than day that he can no longer make him happy? How can he continue on loving him, when he just found out that the love he's giving, is suffocating Jinyoung?

With a clouded mind and scarred heart, Jaebum closed his eyes, and told himself that he will be fine. They will be fine.

Maybe Jinyoung just needs time? And maybe he also does. 

Maybe after an ample amount of time, they can both realize what they really want and what they really need. In the deepest corner of Jaebum's heart, he hopes in the end, him and Jinyoung would still want the same thing... it being them staying together.

 

 

It was a month after, when Jaebum couldn't take a hold of his own self anymore, and decided to do the one thing he always wanted to, after leaving L.A. He held his breath as he waited for an answer from the other side of the line.

"Hello?"

He heard his foreign accent once again. Jaebum cleared his throat first before speaking. "Jackson? This is Jaebum."

"Jaebum? The jerk who broke Jinyoung's heart... you er. Why are you even calling me? How did you get my number? Why are you talking to me? Don't you have any decency left that after breaking Jinyoung like that, you have the guts to call me like you just didn't do to my friend, you-"

"I'm sorry, okay?" Jaebum blurted out. He sat back on the couch and run his hand through his hair frustratedly. He breathed in and out, trying to calm himself, because hearing all that from Jackson only made him feel a thousand times worse than he already did.

"That's all you would say? Sorry? A ing sorry would do you good, you think?"

"No, it wouldn't. Of course it wouldn't. I just broke up with the man who I hoped to spend the rest of my life with, of course I know a ing sorry won't do me any good. A ing sorry won't bring him back to me. But it, cause a ing sorry is all I could give right now."

Jaebum felt it again. Once again, his heart is clenching in pain. Did it even stop though? Did he even stop hurting since that day he left Jinyoung? Since that day he turned his back on him, his love?Since that day he chose to break up just because his heart couldn't take the sight of Jinyoung's eyes filled with sadness and discontentment? 

"I didn't go there to break up with Jinyoung, alright?" He said, trying to sound more calm this time. His chest moves up and down as he tried to even his breath. "I went there to try and see for myself, what he loves most about music. I went there, in the hopes of understanding him completely, and maybe urge myself to support him once again, since he really loves singing and performing. I knew that above anyone else! I went there, so we could talk, and see for myself how in love he is with performing. And I saw it... I saw it again with my own eyes, and believe me when I say, I too, believe that he is born for that stage, singing his heart out. Jinyoung was meant to do that. But aren't I meant to keep him too?"

There was a moment of silence, and all Jaebum could hear his his hard breathing, and Jackson's attempt to speak. he heard a couple of uh's and uhm's from the other line, but the bassist might've failed on forming words.

"I just love him so much, but letting him do what he wants, also means letting him go. It means, giving him a chance to leave me again, like how he did nine years ago. I don't want him to leave me ever again, Jackson. I love him so much that I never wanted to lose him."

His voice broke at his last word. Jaebum can't explain how heavy his heart feels as he talks. He thought he was done crying and grieving for his lost love, but it seems he isn't.

"Then why did you break up with him? Funny, you said you didn't want to lose him, but you left him."

Jaebum bit his lips as he sniffed. He recalled how sad those beautiful eyes were while looking at him that day asking "is this how it's still going to be in a longer run?" How he almost heard Jinyoung's heart breaking when he asked the younger if he isn't happy anymore.

"Because I didn't want to lose him. And he made me realize how he was slowly losing himself in our relationship. How I made him lose himself, because I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter