1/1

I Like You

Xingsoo –

Inspired by this -> “His emotions are vast, but he’s expressionless.”  - Zhang Yixing

 

Yixing first see’s Kyungsoo in the hallways of the practice rooms. Kyungsoo is with another trainee that Yixing does not care to know at the moment. All he cares about is knowing the short young man with deep white eyes, and an expressionless face. Kyungsoo probably doesn’t notice Yixing whose leans against the walls of one of the practice rooms. Kyungsoo’s attention is taken by the trainee he’s walking with. Yixing smiles as he watches Kyungsoo go. He’s beautiful.

They officially meet through the mutual friends of their co-trainees. Yixing has thought about the boy ever since he saw him. He even excitedly told his friend Wu Yifan, and then Luhan, who then told his bestest (according to Luhan) friend, Kim Minseok. They usually about it, especially Luhan since he claims that he knows the boy. He even tells Yixing the boy’s name.

“Do Kyungsoo. Maybe a year or two younger than you?” Luhan says this with a mysterious grin, but yixing thinks he just looks a bit ugly when he does that, so he gives Luhan a grimace. Anyways, Yixing doesn’t care, because now he knows the name of his crush. Days later, as they (Yixing, Yifan, Luhan, and Minseok) lounge in the practice, Minseok tells him that he knows a Do Kyungsoo.

“He’s one of my friend’s friend. You know? Park Chanyeol?" Yixing knowns Park Chanyeol, he’s too nice for his own good, tall, big eyes, bright smile and elf-like ears. Yixing has encountered him quite a few times in the studios. But,

“What does that have to do with my Kyungsoo?” Yixing rants, Minseok laughs.

“Calm down, they’re just really just really really good friends.”

“You know,” Yixing retorts. “If someone tells you that two people are “really really (he glares at Minseok) good friends” you should definitely worry.” Minseok just once again laughs. Yixing looks towards Yifan for help but the tall giant is too busy playing with his alpaca. He sighs. Luhan is just like Minseok, so Yixing keeps quite. Mulling over the relationship between his Kyungsoo and elf ear Chanyeol.

The cafeteria is loud as usual and Yixing cringes, also as usual. He and his group of friends (minus Yifan) walk up or more like he follows Luhan and Minseok to a table in the far back where the boy with the big ears and the boy he couldn’t stop thinking of are seated. Three other boys who seem much younger are with them and he thinks he’s seen two of them a couple of time either in passing or in the dance practice room, Jongin  or was it kai? And Oh sehun, that rich kid, Junmyeon’s friend. Always attached to the hip.

“Gege!” One of the two boys he doesn’t recognize waves at them as they get closer. Minseok and Luhan waves back with wide smiles.

“My Taozi!” Luhan throws himself at “Taozi”. Yixing shakes his head. Luhan and the boy hug each other and Luhan ruffles his hair. They greet the rest. Before sitting down, Minseok takes it upon himself to introduce him to Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo,” Minseok starts, a grin on his face. “This is Zhang Yixing.” He grips Yixing’s shoulders from behind, peaking from the side of his neck, the sensitive one no less, he shudders. He mentally chuckles, thinking of how Minseok is on his tippy-toes. He snaps out of it and gives Kyungsoo a genuine smile, the one that deepens his dimples. Minseok continues. “You could think of him as a really big fan of yours. Treat him to dinner sometimes, yeah?” Yixing turns his neck to look at Minseok and as discreet as he can, he says, “Ge, you’re saying too much.”

“I’m trying to help your sad love life. Now shhh.” Minseok whispers back. They chuckle when they see the others looking at them weirdly.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Yixing melts at Kyungsoo’s Voice, though his face looks blank and uninterested. “I’m Do Kyungsoo.”

“I know. Who wouldn’t know an angel like you?” he’s nervous, excuse you.

“Now you’re saying too much.” Minseok whispers.
 “Shhh, I’m trying to flirt.” Yixing shoots back.

Yixing can only, remember looking at Kyungsoo and becoming familiar with his physical appearance; his voice, his smile that forms a heart, and honey laughter. Slowly they open up to each other and it becomes obvious to those around them that their feeling each was present and genuine. Yixing learns more about Kyungsoo. He sees that he’s more than just a blank expressionless face. They learn about each other’s likes and dislikes. Yixing loves listening to Kyungsoo singing. And on the days where they find a secluded place where they can talk and talk for hours, just the two of them, Yixing falls deeper in love. His heart throbs, his hands twitches and he wants nothing more than to embrace Kyungsoo, hold his hand even.

Yixing watches as Kyungsoo get his coffee from a cross the cafeteria. This time he’s alone, they’re both alone, and so when he sees Kyungsoo looking around for a sit, he calls him over. Kyungsoo looks around until he finds Yixing waving to him. The smile that appears on Kyungsoo’s face makes Yixing’s heart skip a beat.  Kyungsoo sits across from him and still, his smile has not ceased. He takes a sip before looking straight in his eyes, Yixing’s. Yixing squirms under his gaze but he makes sure that his own gaze on Kyungsoo does not waver.

“How’s it going?” Yixing asks.

“I’m okay. How about you?” He puts his cup down.

Yixing observes him and notices (once again) just how handsome Kyungsoo really is. He’s seen for himself just how kind Kyungso really is, how he takes care of those around him. Yixing’s heart starts to swell with fondness for the boy in front of him. In this moment it becomes clear that yes, he does love Kyungsoo and would like to be his boyfriend, husband. ‘Get a hold of yourselves, Xing.” He chuckles.

Kyungsoo shoots him a confused look.

“I….UH. I mean I’m okay too. My dance evaluation went well, so there’s that. You had one too right” He plays with his cup holder. Kyungsoo clears his throat, “Yeah, I did the day before yesterday. It went better than I expected to be honest.”

“I knew you could do it. You sing so well they should debut you already.” Kyungsoo looks down, but still Yixing catches a glimpse of his smile.

“Thank you, but with people like Beakhyun and Jongdae,” He shakes his head. “Tough competition.”

Yixing halts his playing with the drink holder, he replies, “Sure. But you’re an even tougher competition.” He realizes a bit too late that he’s caressing Kyungsoo’s hair. Kyungsoo become startled and stiff in his seat, looking at Yixing trying to find something. Anything.

Yixing retracts his hand, hiding it under the table. He panics and, “Uh- um – I – I’m sorry.” He avoids kyungsoo’s eyes, and hides his face in the palm of his hands.  There’s a moment of silence between them and to Yixing it feels like an infinite time of it. His heart is pounding, his mind running a mile a minute as all types of negative thoughts crosses his mind. He messed up, did he?

He sees movement through the opening of his fingers followed by a warm, gentle touch to his hands. Kyungsoo takes the hand that had been caressing his hair, he holds in his own. Kyungsoo smiles, patiently waiting for Yixing to lift his head up. After a while Yixing does so.

Kyungsoo laughs, his head tilting back (Something Yixing has realized Kyungsoo does every time he laughs), the sound spilling out and filling Yixing’s environment. He smiles. “I kind of didn’t expect you to act like that.” He laughs even more when Yixing pouts.

“Hey! It’s totally justified.”

“Uh-huh, sure it is.” That smile, Yixing just can’t get enough of it. It reaches his eyes, creating beautiful wrinkles around it, it’s very pretty and Yixing would very much like to kiss it, kiss him.

“I like you. I want to take you out on a date. Will you go on a date with me Do Kyungsoo?” Yixing rubs Kyungsoo’s fingers, he patiently waits for his reply. His heart continues to beat, running a marathon and he’s thinking ‘just what is up with this heart of mine today?’

Kyungsoo looks him in the eyes, squeezes his hand and answers, “Yes. I’ll definetly go on a date with you Zhang Yixing.” He laughs and seconds later Yixing follows.

“Don’t tease me.” He says between laughter.

“It’s justified though.” He does this thing where he tilts his head, as if that makes up for it.

Yixing rolls his eyes. He couldn’t wait to one day marry him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

It's been a long time since i've posted and I honestly feel so proud of myself for finishing this.

I really hope you all enjoy it. Please let me know your feedback on it.

Thank You and Happy New Year to you all!!!