I Wish I Still Have You

Because I Had You

 

'Regret is our punishment for taking the wrong decision.'

                                                  -Random

 

Surely for Sakura, the past 9 months of living have become an everyday punishment. She was and still too broke from the past.

 

Everyday, instead of working, she would go to PC Bangs to spend the whole day, would get out at night and drink until she passes out.

 

Her friends would contact her to hangout with them but she declines their offer because she knows that the girl responsible for her heartache would be there. She tries to not get in contact with her as much as possible. They knew what happened between the two but they were oblivious about the fact that she was still stuck in the past.


 

Now, she's currently lying on her bed, staring at the mint blue colored ceiling that reminds her of a certain girl every time she wakes up. Her head was aching from whatever she was drinking last night.

 

She wasn't up for playing today and was planning to just stay on her apartment and if possible have a proper life for just a day but a doorbell was heard. She suspected it was her friends again so she sat on the edge of her bed and immediately wore the pair of pink slippers. She tied her hair into a quick bun that caused it to be messy and grabbed her specs at the top of the table beside her bed.

 

She made her way towards the mirror to take a peek at herself, and there she saw how messed up she is. She was wearing a plain oversized shirt paired with a pink pink pyjama. Dark circles can clearly be seen below her eyes. She wore her specs and got out from her room.

 

She facepalmed as soon as she saw the condition of her living room. There were a bunch of scattered bottles in the table, snacks were all over the floor. The doorbell rang again, a sign that the person outside was getting impatient. She cursed under her breath, thinking that she can't clean all that mess in a minute. She just decided not to let her visitor enter.

 

She headed to the door and took a peek of who the guest she have to shoo away. But she didn't expect to see the one behind her door so she opened the door instinctively, almost crashing herself. As soon as the door opened the two girls locked eyes with each other.

 

"Yo." The visitor greeted with a matching quick salute to Sakura.

 

Sakura froze in her spot, still holding the door knob. After a whole minute of staring at each other, she broke the silence between them.

 

"It's unnatural for you to come here by yourself." She shook her head in disbelief and smiled to herself. Her visitor was wearing a gray hooded jacket with a matching jeans and a pair of white rubber shoes. "Come in and please don't scold me."

 

She made way for her guest to enter and closed the door. She saw how the girl scanned the place with hanging open.

 

"Yaaah, what a mess. It's like a wild monkey lives in here." Instead of the living room, both girls headed for the kitchen, which looked better.

 

"You don't have the right to judge me, you duck. You know the reason why it's like this." They took a seat, opposite to each other. "So, why the sudden visit? I thought you were in a honeymoon with your wife." Yena blushed hearing those words from Sakura.

 

"Y-yah! The h-honeymoon's over, don't change the topic!" The duck said as she jolted up from her seat.

 

"You still get all flustered up with that? How childish, how are you even able to marry first? And for your information, I didn't change the topic, you just chose to focus on the honeymoon thing."

 

"It's because me and Yuri are loyal to each other and if you just didn't have to chicken out, you would have been a 5 month old married woman." Sakura's face became gloomy and Yena knew it was too late to take back her words. She settled herself down and looked at Sakura with pity. "E-eonnie I'm sorry."

 

"You really have to go and make me feel terrible, don't you?" Sakura eyed Yena who was now looking down while pouting, causing her to look like an apologizing duck. Sakura chuckled at the sight causing Yena to snap her attention towards her, looking confused. "Apology accepted. Your duck face is the best." Sakura made a thumbs up while imitating Yena.

 

"Waahh, really. Eonnie! I can't believe this, you always make fun of me." She pouted and immediately wear it off after realizing Sakura might again.

 

"Ya, you duck. Now you're the one changing the topic."

 

"Ah right! I've heard from Nako that you've been ignoring them and when they invite you, you turn them down. Why? You don't actually spend your time with just games and soju, right?"

 

"Bingo." Sakura snapped her fingers and pointed her hands at Yena. "It would be perfect if I can wink." She noticed Yena glaring at her. "Chill duck, I know it's wrong to ignore and shoo them away and I'm sorry about that. But I have to decline the invitation, I know and you probably know too that she'll be there." She sighed as she told Yena her reasons.

 

"That's the reason, Eonnie. You've been ignoring her but at the same time you're eager to meet her too. You can't move on because you keep on blaming yourself. You keep on hurting yourself. Why don't you just go and face your feelings upfront. Think if you either want her back or to let go of her completely. And this time, decide. Decide with both your brain and heart not just one of those, but use them both." Yena kindly implied but Sakura just smiled at her, a sad one.

 

"Do you think I haven't think of things? That thoughts are what drowns me everyday but I can't seem to find the right decision to make." plus what can I do? She's already happy with someone else.

 

The kitchen went silent. Both were contemplating on the idea of fixing the problem.

 

Yena face lightened up. "Eonnie, how about we play a game first. This too much thinking is causing my brain cells to evaporate."

 

"You actually have brain cells? Just kidding. Yena I've been going to PC Bangs for the last 9 months and life there is poor and very sad-"

 

"Stop, I really can't tell when you're serious or not. But anyway, I bet you've been playing by yourself. Actually I was planning to go play with my friends back in highschool after the two of us talk. Come with us!" A wide smile and excitement was plastered all over Yena's face.

 

"You're leaving Yuri alone and actually playing with friends. I'ma go and steal her from you." Sakura laughed to herself at how many times she made Yena glare at her. "Just kidding, sorry Yena but I was planning to clean this apartment, you saw how messy it is."

 

"Yuri was the one who told me to hangout with them y'know! Plus she's going to the bar later to prepare for our reunion. That was actually part of my reason for coming here. Good grief I remembered. You'll be going with me to the PC Bang, after that we'll go and get you prettier and go to the reunion. I don't take NOs and you know that." She looked around the apartment and continued, "I'll help you clean so don't you dare complain."

 

Yena stood up from her chair, pulled the sleeves of her jacket up and was all ready to clean. Sakura just shook her head and sighed. She knew she can't reject the younger girl so she stood up and followed the duck.

 

-

 

Two exhausted bodies were lying on the couch, with the heater on, they were drenched in their own sweat. The room was all tidied up, there were no sojus or snacks scattered around, the kitchen can now be a place possible for eating and the bedroom can be occupied by a human being now.

 

"I'm so hot." Yena said and posed like she was taking a photoshoot, Sakura followed what Yena did, making the both of them laugh at their own foolishness. "Eonnie, we can't go and go out like this. We look like animals who were splashed with water, a drenched monkey and duck." The laughter was again heard in the four corner of the room.

 

"You said it, duck. How about you go home first, fix yourself and let's just meet at that cafe we always go to before. There's a PC Bang near there. Just inform your friends." Sakura said as she stood up from the couch and was pulling the complaining duck up.

 

"How about we just ditch them, I want to have a rest after all that cleaning." Yena retrieved her hands from the pulling of the other girl.

 

"Ya! You were the one who invited me then you say we'll ditch them?!" Sakura kicked Yena's leg just right but the duck won't budge.

 

"Get up Choi Yena." Upon hearing this, Yena jolt up from sitting and saluted to Sakura.

 

"I will be taking my leave now!" She marched towards the door and disappeared.

 

Just as Sakura was going to enter her bedroom, a doorbell was heard again. Annoyed, she went and opened the door. "Why did you come back?"

 

"Chill Tom, you cannot outsmart me! I bet you'll ditch me and not show up!" Sakura flicked Yena's forehead.

 

"Says the one with little braincell. Here." She removed the ring she was wearing,grabbed Yena's hand and put it into her palm. Yena looked at her with disbelief. Sakura patted the dumbfounded duck. "Now go, Jerry." She didn't wait for the latter's response and closed the door.

 

She knew that Yena would understand what she meant, she was now able to enter her bedroom, scanned for clothes and prepared.

 

-

 

The winter season can be felt all over the country now. It wasn't snowing but it was too cold. A few people, strong enough to walk around outside, wearing thick clothes can be seen passing by a cafe.

 

Sakura was settled comfortably at one of the table in the corner of the cafe. A cup of green tea latte was placed on her table. She was looking outside, observing every person passing by with her hands on the pocket of her thick padded jacket. She was still wearing her specs but her hair was now tied in a ponytail with bangs and all. Whenever she felt cold, she would take a sip from her cup of tea. She was waiting for Yena and her friends for almost half an hour. Even though she was waiting for too long, she actually wished for Yena to be a little more late because she was enjoying the peace she was getting.

 

She remembered what she gave Yena earlier to convince the girl she wasn't going to ditch her. She smiled to herself, not believing that she was actually considering Yena' advice. It was the ring she accepted from Chaeyeon when the latter proposed to her. Just like Yena said earlier, she would have been a married woman now if she didn't let her emotions get the best of her. She took a glance in a particular table, the table just in front of where she's sitting, and reminisced the painful event in the past.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

Sakura was in the cafe for a whole 3 hours waiting for someone to arrive. It was their 6th anniversary and it has been 2 months since Chaeyeon proposed to her.

 

She remembered how Chaeyeon ended their call almost immediately after she told the younger girl to meet her.

 

The events that happened in the past week was greatly affecting their relationship. The past week has been rumors, issues, misunderstandings and arguments.

 

She have been confronting Chaeyeon about the rumors spreading that someone saw her kissing another girl. But the misunderstanding got bigger when Chaeyeon brushes the topic off and would just ignore her. Saying that there's no need for an argument.

 

Sakura had enough of Chaeyeon ignoring her so she would not force the latter for an answer anymore instead she asked the one who told her the rumor if she knew who the girl Chaeyeon was kissing. It was apparently the newest titleholder of Miss Universe and bearer of the crown, Kim Minjoo.

 

Shocked that it was actually one of her friends, Sakura cut off contact with both of them. She would only go to Yena to have some comfort.

 

The situation got worse when one day they were having a meet-up where Chaeyeon and Minjoo were both present. She cannot oppose to Yena, so even though she didn't want to attend, she was forced to go. ​​​​​​Yena advised her to talk to Chaeyeon and fix whatever misunderstanding they have. When she arrived at the designated venue, Minjoo was already there. She took a seat opposite to the latter, and to her left was Yena. After a while, Chaeyeon arrived and she was broken after the latter sat beside Minjoo instead of sitting beside her. She drank way too much than normal, expecting Chaeyeon to care but then again her love failed her.

 

After witnessing the lowkey flirting of the two, an even worse rumor spread-Chaeyeon and Minjoo is dating. Upon hearing that, Sakura couldn't stand it anymore so she decided to end their relationship. She was too caught up with her emotions to even decide properly.

 

She started calling Chaeyeon but the latter wouldn't answer, she sent several texts but she was totally ignored. And this morning she was finally able to contact her but was turned down immediately. So she just sent a message, telling Chaeyeon that she'll wait no matter what.

 

She can't handle the pain she was feeling anymore, she felt betrayed and dumped. She needed assurance but she doesn't even have the attention of her lover. She was sick and tired, she was getting impatient.

 

She's determined, determined to break up with her lover. She wanted to blame someone for it, but who could she blame? A god? Minjoo? Chaeyeon? But for her it seems unreasonable to blame someone else.

 

So she blamed herself, she started questioning if she even took an effort for their relationship, she asked herself if she even made a move or a thing to make their love and bond stronger. She started to doubt if she made Chaeyeon felt her love.

 

She was questioning their relationship that has been going on for a ing 6 years.

 

Today was the day, the day where she's hoping to know all the answer to her question.

 

After thinking of what have been happening, Sakura saw a familiar figure enter the cafe. A girl with an ash blonde waist length hair, wearing a light brown coat with a purse hanging on her left shoulder.

 

When they met eyes she felt both longing and pain at the same time. The ash blonde girl approached her and took the opposite chair.

 

"Didn't expect you to actually wait, it has been three hours y'know." She settled herself comfortable in the chair and didn't bother to order. "So? What was so urgent?" Sakura heard her ask like she was just asking a normal friend not her lover.

 

"You wouldn't even try to explain yourself?" Anger was now eating up her system after witnessing her lover treat her coldly and was acting like they were not an engaged couple.

 

"What is there to explain?" This statement of Chaeyeon made Sakura lose her mind.

 

She jolted up from her seat, her emotions completely controlling her. "That's it Lee Chaeyeon! I have enough of this! You think just because I wasn't bringing up the issue about you and Minjoo anymore, I didn't care anymore?! Do you know how much it hurts hearing gossips about your girl having another girl?! If you would just do this to me here and not ing care about how I feel, why did you even ing come?! Oh, I know. You came here because Kim Minjoo told you. She told you to ing slap to me the fact that we are over and you two are now the thing!"

 

A sound of a loud skin contact was heard inside the cafe, the few customers inside was now giving their all attention to the couple's argument. Sakura was literally slapped.

 

Sakura cupped her cheeks that was now throbbing in pain from the slap she received. "Don't you dare talk ill to a person like that."

 

Sakura gasped in disbelief and closed her eyes in irritation, "Did I hear it right? You're actually slapping me, your fiancee for that girl? Wahhh, I really can't ing believe this." Chaeyeon regretted what she did after seeing Sakura's cheeks became red, but she couldn't stop herself. She hated it when people talk about others like that. She was ready to go, hug her lover and cancel their plan.

 

Sakura was hurting too much. She can't take all of the pain at the same time. "Enough of this. Let's just end us here." She grabbed her purse and started to walk away but Chaeyeon grabbed her wrist that made her stop and look at the latter's direction.

 

"Please. Don't"

 

Those two words made Sakura's legs all wobbly. For a moment there she saw the Chaeyeon who loved her. The only person who would look at her sith so much love and admiration.

 

But she was too confused at the moment and said whatever she think was right.

 

"Now, what? You want me to stay then you would go and hurt me again. Well I'm sorry but my heart can't handle this anymore." She tried to remove her grip from the younger but failed to do so.

 

"Are you sure? If you'll let me hug you I'll take that as a no but if you let go of my hands now, I'll willingly let go of you."

 

Sakura went quiet. They were just staring at each other for a whole minute.

 

"Will you let me be by your side or would you prefer that I let go?" Chaeyeon asked again.

 

Sakura's heart wanted to go accept her again but she was so lot to even think right. She pulled her hand back that Chaeyeon willingly let loose of. She turned her back on her lover and ran away from the cafe as far as possible with shattered heart.


 

-FLASHBACK ENDS-

 

Sakura closed her eyes, she really can't understand what happened between the both of them. She didn't understand why she did those when she actually wanted to return to her lover's arms. She was confused by Chaeyeon suddenly changing that time, she couldn't explain it. The misunderstanding was still living up until now because they never had the chance to correct theirselves or rather they didn't have the courage to do so, that resulted their relationship to sink.

 

She sighed when she remembered that it's the 19th, an exact nine months have passed after the incident.

 

'Now that I think about it, she wasn't even wearing her ring that time.' she pointed out.

 

"Sakura-eonnie!" She heard a familiar quacking voice and directed her attention from where it came from. "You did show up!" Yena faked wiping a tear in her face. Behind her, she saw two girls tailing Yena. She was able to recognize the taller girl wearing a poker face on as Ahn Yujin but the other girl was someone she saw for the first time.

 

"You probably know this tall puppy here, I introduced her to you before, right? You guys never really met each other again after that. And this girl right here, is the same age as me, she's my only game buddy until we met Yujin' in one of the PC Bang. She may look like a lost person but when she faces the computer, she totally rocks! She's Kang Hyewon by the way." Yena introduced her friends.

 

She noticed how breathtaking Hyewon's beauty is, even though the girl was wearing a poker face. The new girl was strangely staring back at her. Yena on the other hand looked at her two friends who was staring at each other intently. Sakura stopped staring when she saw Yena smirked in her peripheral view and glared at her but Yena just raised her eyebrow and shrugged.

 

Sakura then introduced herself and instead of shaking their hands they did a fistbump, well Yena actually forced them to saying that fistbumps spread less germs than handshakes. Sakura felt disappointed at the fact that she weren't able to hold hands with the beauty, and at the same time she wondered why she felt like that.

 

"Now let's have our orders and proceed to play right away!"


 

-


 

The four went out the cafe with their desired orders. Sakura told them where the nearest PC Bang and was amazed when Hyewon said she knew where it was too because she goes and plays there too.

 

She wondered why she never even encountered that beauty when she almost go there everyday. But then again she was always too occupied with Chaeyeon.

 

at least i was able to meet her.

 

She brushed the thought off. She was unconsciously staring at the back of Hyewon who was currently walking ahead of her with Yujin.

 

Yena was just smirking all throughout their walk. She just observed her oblivious friend getting heart eyes while staring at Hyewon.

 

When they were nearing their destination, Sakura was still lost in trance and didn't noticed her friends stopped that caused her to bumped into Hyewon. Yena was whistling her way through the stuttering Sakura while apologizing.

 

Yena lied about her having a plan to have fun with her friends. An idea came rushing in when they were talking earlier, she thought of something to distract Sakura from her misery. She was originally planning to just bring Hyewon with her, because she knew right off the bat that Sakura would take an interest in her, and leave them alone when she gets the chance. But certain girl-who was also broken, called her for comfort so she brought her along.

 

'Aish, this Ahn Yujin. Why do they have to quarrel now, I actually had to pay for the glutton's food expenses just so she can come with me and I can execute my perfect plan. Well, looking how Sakura-Eonnie gay panicked, I guess it's still working, although just partially." Yena contemplated while entering the PC Bang.

 

​​​​​​The youngest of them four immediately followed Yena inside the PC Bang, leaving Hyewon smiling and assuring the other girl that she doesn't need to overreact because it wasn't that a big of an issue.


 

-


 

Soon enough they were all enjoying. Sakura and Hyewon was beside each other while the other two was across them. Yena keeps on complaining and blaming the youngest for their team's loss but the latter would just ignore her. The PC Bang was full of Yena's quacking voice, fortunately for them it was nearing Christmas and almost everyone are spending time outside so just the four of them was inside.

 

While Yena was making a fuss, the two victors would just laugh at her. With their new victory, that made Yena pull her own hair from frustration, both were amazingly in-synced, they high-fived like they were a winner in some big contest. With the physical contact made, both felt like there was a zap from the quick connection that travelled to the different parts of their body. (cringy asf but my hyekura hearts calls for crumbs)

 

They were now locking eyes with each other, both didn't feel like breaking the eye contact. The more the clock ticks, the deeper the two gets lost with each others' gaze. Their heartbeats were both unstable. Hyewon knew the exact reason why, her heart was oddly screaming for love because of the person she's facing. But the latter was confused as to why her heart was beating like crazy. Chaeyeon suddenly intervened in her thoughts that caused her to look away and focus on her PC.

 

Yena facepalmed when she saw the dumb action Sakura did, 'Surely love at first sight and meeting isn't in eonnie's dictionary.'

 

"Eonnie." She directed her gaze at the girl beside her who tapped her. Yujin pointed at her own wrist, gesturing the older girl to look at the time.

 

"Oh! Sakura-eonnie! We should get going now, we still need to dress you up, the party's in 2 hours." She panicked when she realized they spent too much time on playing. Sakura disregarded the unstable beating of her heart and just nodded at Yena. They all exited the PC Bang, a little exhausted from the gaming they had.

 

Yujin started to walk away and waved them goodbye but Yena was quick to move and grabbed the youngest's wrist. "You are not going anywhere Ahn Yujin, you are part of the reunion so you're coming with us. You too, Kang Hyewon." Yujin looked at the duck in disbelief while Hyewon pointed at herself in wonder.

 

"Eonnie! You know she's there! How can I possibly survive in the same space with her! We are really not in a good situation right now! Please let me be alone." The youngest cried out in desperation.

 

"I know it well . Will the both of you be in a good situation if you keep on ignoring her? Will not, so just come with me, and if it's too awkward for you, Wonyoung and Chaewon are always there." Yujin slumped her shoulder at what Yena said. She had no choice because she knows how persistent the duck is.

 

"What about me? Why are you inviting me, it would be uncomfortable. I'm not officially invited." Now, Hyewon was the one ready to argue with Yena.

 

"Then I officially invite you, and besides it wouldn't hurt to accompany my friend here right?" Yena smirked while putting her arms over Sakura's shoulder. Sakura flinched at the duck's remark so she removed the arm over her and smacked Yena's shoulder. "Don't be too shy eonnie, I know you lowkey want to be with Hyewon a little longer." Hyekura blushed and Sakura was the one to punch Yena in the stomach to make her stop. "Okay Okay! I'll stop! No need to so aggressive. And Hyewon, there's food. So are you in or not?" (was lazy to separate their name so I'll just use their ship name)

 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to join." Hyewon shrugged, the food wasn't really the one who made her agree, maybe just a little bit, but the fact that she can spend time with what her heart currently desire was enough.

 

"That's the spirit, you glutton! Now, let's hit the mall!"



 

-



 

"They're late." Yuri looked at her phone, waiting a reply from her wife. She tried calling her several times too, but the girl won't answer.

 

"Why? Is Yena bringing someone?" Eunbi asked the worried girl who was constantly looking at her phone.

 

"Yup, she texted me two hours ago that she'll be bringing in three more people."

 

"The duck can handle herself Yuri, stop worrying, you'll age at a faster rate if you do. Trust me." Eunbi sipped her glass of wine. "Wait, 3 people? Is persuading Sakura to attend, accounts to 2 more people?" Yuri shrugged at her statement. They were currently waiting in the VIP Area inside the Bar owned by Yena's brother, waiting for the others to arrive.

 

The bar currently only has a few customers because it was still 4 in the afternoon. Nako and Hitomi were playing something while Yuri and Eunbi was having a conversation. Two figures entered the bar and approached where the 4 currently are.

 

"Oh! Chaeyeon and Minju! Why did the both of you arrive at the same time, were you with each other?" Eunbi waved at the approaching figures.

 

"No, we met outside." Chaeyeon said, then both seated beside Eunbi. They greeted each other and Chaeyeon started bombarding Yuri with questions about the honeymoon but the latter would turn her questions down. "Why are the others not here yet? Will they be coming?"

 

"Looking for us?" The 6 girls directed their attention to where the voice came from, their heads turning almost at the same time. There they saw another 6 girls lined-up beside each other. (Hyewon-Sakura-Yena-Chaewon-Wonyoung-Yujin)

 

"Ya, why are guys lined-up like you're some kind of-" Nako started but was immediately cut off.

 

"Yah! Ahn Yujin! Long time no see!" Out of excitement Yuri ran towards the girl and hugged her. "Wahh, you're still very tall. I've missed you! I've never seen you since I started college." Yujin nodded and hugged her eonnie back. She then noticed a girl staring at her, she was shocked to see her there. Yuri dragged her and set the girl beside her. Yujin became uncomfortable and was looking everywhere but Minju who was staring at her with yearning.

 

"Ya, Jo Yuri. Why are you accompanying that puppy instead of your wife?" Yena complained while pouting.

 

Chaewon and Wonyoung proceeded to sit beside Nako leaving behind the complaining duck, the awkward Hyewon and the unsettled Sakura. Hitomi only noticed Sakura's presence and the new girl when Yena was shut off by Yuri.

 

"Sakura-eonnie! I'm glad you're able to attend and Yena-eonnie mind introducing your friend first?" Sakura flinched at the recognition, now that all the girls' attention were on her and Hyewon, she knew that they would bombard her with questions. She was trying hard to not look at Chaeyeon who she first spotted earlier when they entered.

 

"Oh right! She' Kang Hyewon, we're the same age, we met in a PC Bang and started hanging out since then, but she's very hard to please." Yena introduced Hyewon and vice versa. They bowed to each other as a sign of respect.

 

After the introduction, Yujin left her seat for Yena to sit to and proceeded to sit beside Wonyoung still not batting an eye on Minju. The last to sit was HyeKura, they settled themselves beside Yujin.

 

SITTING ARRANGEMENT

HTM - YN  - YR - ENB  - MNJ - CHY

NK - CHW - WNY - YJN - HYW - SKR

 

The table went silent, there was quite a tension forming between five girls.

 

Minju was staring at Yujin who was avoiding and ignoring her.

Chaeyeon was stealing glances at Sakura and Hyewon who seemed oddly close for her. She had a hunch that they were together.

Sakura's situation became worse when she had to sit just across Chaeyeon. She knew the girl was glancing at her every moment she gets the chance to.

 

Hyewon noticed the tension between the two especially Sakura who was tensed.

 

All eyes were on Hyewon when she suddenly stood. "Let's change seats." She tapped and asked Sakura. The latter unconsciously obeyed and switched seats with Hyewon. Meanwhile Yena was very satisfied at what she's witnessing that she had to praise herself. Yuri noticed it and asked Yena but the latter told her she'll know later.

 

Now Chaeyeon knew that they weren't together but she knew Hyewon have this attraction for Sakura. After that little scene, the table was back to being quiet. They were all just observing each other, hoping that someone would break the tension that was still lingering around.

 

"Okay~! Let's kill the tension and start eating first!" Eunbi initiated and everybody followed. While eating, some were teasing and catching up with each other.

 

Hours have passed, the bar was now full and noisy but that didn't stop the 12 girls to enjoy themselves. Fortunately there weren't any dead air after they started eating. Everybody had their own world and a pair was starting to be really comfortable.

 

Sakura and Hyewon was noticeably enjoying each others' company and they were both grateful to each other for that. They were so lost in their own little world that Sakura forgot about the presence of a certain girl who keeps on gazing at her.

 

"You guys! It's been a long time since we all gathered up together plus a new friend!" Eunbi called the attention of the other 11, a little tipsy. "Bwecause this was originally a reunion for us to catch up with each other plus a new friend! Let's give a message of comfort or whatever you need to say to an important person. One turn for each member! I'll start!"

 

"NAKO AND HITOMI STOP FLIRTING WITH EACH OTHER AND JUST START DATING ALREADY." Eunbi stated loudly and plopped down to her chair, immediately dozing off.

 

All remaining girls snapped their attention to the two. They saw Hitomi blushing while Nako was just smiling widely at them.

 

"W-why would she point us when there's bunch of other pairs flirting too!"

 

"Clearly because it's been over 8 years but you two never made it official." Chaewon along with the other girls were all glaring at the two except for the five girls at the other end of the table.

 

"Yea, you two are too much! Much more than the married couple."  Wonyoung stated while munching on her food.

 

Nako coolly sipped her juice and eyed Hitomi. "We'll be like that too." She left the others hanging with the limited information she gave out. The girls were lost, mouths were hanging open, brains were processing. The table was quiet despite the noise inside the Bar.

 

"I think she's saying they're getting married too?" Hyewon innocently stated with a rising intonation, indicating that she wasn't so sure. Finally understanding what Nako meant, the table that was quiet a minute ago went wild.

 

Sakura was happy for her closest friends to finally be together but she wasn't that genuinely happy. Her heart sank again, she could've been like them but everything went falling down for their relationship.

 

The girls continued giving messages to each other and it was finally Chaeyeon's turn.

 

"Sakura." Every girl snapped their heads to Chaeyeon, they were completely caught off guard. Yena who was drinking her glass of wine, spit it out of shock and the others went quiet. Sakura who was the subject this time, tried hard to stopped herself from looking at the girl across her. She didn't know what to do so she looked down. "How are you?" Chaeyeon took the opportunity made by the oldest to talk to Sakura because she knew she wouldn't be able to do so if there weren't any reason for her to.

 

The dead air was back again, no one talked, they were just observing the two girls. Sakura wasn't answering and those who were oblivious about her lingering feelings was wondering why she wasn't. The tension was building up again so Eunbi had no choice but to intervene between them.

 

"Okay! I think Sakura's deaf so let-" Yuri who was beside her slapped her shoulder. "I was just kidding. That air was already dead but I needed to kill it y'know. So moving on, if Sakura won't answer. I'll start again!"

 

"Eonnie, you're done already. If Sakura-eonnie doesn't want to answer, let her be, it wasn't an question and answer portion to start with." Chaewon argued that made Eunbi sit again. "Please pardon her, her alcohol tolerance is very very very low. No exaggeration there. To finish this, Sakura-eonnie you should continu-

 

"I'll go first!" Yena said, they were all expecting her to turn to Yuri and sweet talk her but instead she called out the troubled girl's name. "Sakura-eonnie. The others may not know what situation you were in this past months but I know you the most. I told you earlier that I would help you right? I don't know if I bought you enough time to decide but I think it's the right time. You should stop making yourself suffer, it's time for you to be happy again. Either way, I will gladly accept your decision. So, please don't be burdened. Everybody's here, it won't be hard right?" Yena let out what she wanted to tell Sakura, even if it was short, she knew that Sakura would understand what she meant.

 

Sakura smiled knowingly at her. "I still have to give my message right?" Yena nodded assuringly at her. "Hyewon-ssi, I may have met you just earlier today but thank you for accompanying me here, even if you were just forced to." She stood up and left their table, following Yena who was nearing the stage. The girls left in the table was just following them with their gazes. Mixed emotions was circling all over their area.

 

The loud volume slowly tuned down when Yena took the stage with the mic, she announced, "Pardon for the intrusion! Sorry for interrupting the wonderful time you were having but my friend here." She went near Sakura and put her arms over the latter's shoulder. "Instead of letting her feelings out through words she wanted to let it out through a song." Yena quickly passed the mic to Sakura and rushed back to their table.

 

All eyes were on Sakura who was standing gracefully on the stage. The bar went dim and the lights were focused on her, completely complimenting her beauty and the mood of the song. She set the mic stand properly, took a deep breathe and went with the flow of the graceful plucking of the guitar.

 

She started singing with her eyes close while recalling the past again, letting out what she's genuinely feeling and what she have finally decided to do.

Because I Had You - Shawn Mendes

🎶I think it's time that I  be honest
Should've told you not to go
Thought I knew just what I wanted
I didn't know myself at all🎶


 

'​​​Don't worry, I know it all now and I'm sure.'



 

🎶You're with somebody I can't be, yeah

But I can tell that you're happy🎶


 

'I'm confused though, are you and Minjoo really together?'



 

🎶It's time for me to finally meet somebody new

Take her to all the places that I took us to

And she might help me forget but, loving her is something I could never do

Because I had

Because I had you🎶


 

'I think I met her already but I'm not sure if I can feel the same way I felt with you.'



 

The crowd were slowly swaying with the tune. In a particular table, the girls were just observing, they can feel the sincerity in Sakura's singing.  Her emotions were spreading in every note she hits.

 

🎶Hey, remember when I told you
That you and I, we'd go down in history together, yeah
Does your sister ask about me? You and I
What we had, is it gone forever?🎶


 

,It might be gone but our precious memories will be forever carved into my heart'


 

🎶You're with somebody I can't be
But I can tell that you're happy🎶


 

'I'll never be like her huh?"


 

🎶It's time for me to finally meet somebody new
Take her to all the places that I took us to
And she might help me forget but loving her is something I could never do
Because I had
Because I had you🎶


 

Sakura opened her eyes and scanned the whole place, she saw her friends and strangers and a few familiar faces. And this time, she did what she wanted to do from the start. She took all her courage and returned the intense gaze Chaeyeon was giving her.


 

🎶There's nothin', oh
There's nothin' left to lose
Because I had you, babe
There's nothin'
Nothin' that I could do
I Wish I Had You🎶


 

She was gazing at Chaeyeon, who seemed lost and hurt but despite of seeing that, her gaze unconsciously turned to the girl behind the latter, Kang Hyewon. With the sudden change of gaze, the subject of the song she was pertaining to, also changed.


 

🎶I think it's time I finally found somebody new

And tell myself that she's the one to get me through

And she might help me forget that loving her is something I just couldn't do

Because I had you🎶


 

The lights dimmed out causing the whole audience to completely remove Sakura from their line of sight. But a particular girl was perfectly following Sakura by her eyes as the latter went down the stage and immediately headed for the door of the bar. She wasn't oblivious of who's the 'someone new' Sakura was pertaining to in her song. So without the others noticing, she sneakily left and followed Sakura outside.


 

'I'll make sure I'll be the one to get you through.'







 

-END-




 

-----------------------------------------------------------------


 

AND IT'S FINALLY DONE. PHEW, I didn't expect this to be such a long one-shot. I originally planned this for Sakura and Hyewon to just meet with no lovey-dovey and all but the comments were saying they're here for HyeKura so I put some crumbs. :> hehe

 

But If you're able to read until here I'm grateful for the time you spent just for this. Send your thoughts through twitter :> @Anonymush_tea.

 

And sorry for grammatical errors and typos, English is not my first language :<