one

chicken soup

“--and then I threw the sock at her, but I missed!” Yujin exclaimed as the five got back to the dorm.

 

Chaewon, Yujin, Nako, Yena, and Sakura had gone out for a bit to get food (mainly for ice cream). The other four loudly continued their conversation as Chaewon laughed lightly and headed towards the room that Minjoo and Yujin shared.

 

Minjoo had slept in, so Chaewon was going to see if the girl was still alive.

 

“Hey, you alive?” Chaewon called, knocking on the door as she shoved it open.

 

A groan came from the top bunk followed by a pained whine.

 

Chaewon raised her eyebrows in question as she closed the door behind her and made her way up the bunk. She crawled beside Minjoo and glanced at the girl bunched up in the covers.

 

Her eyebrows knit together in concern as she noticed the sweat covering the girl’s forehead and the tint of red on her cheeks. Chaewon rested the back of her hand against Minjoo’s forehead, her concern growing as she noted how warm it was.

 

“You idiot, you got yourself sick, didn’t you?”

 

Minjoo whined softly again, answering her question.

 

Chaewon sighed as she got up and climbed down the bunk, her sights set on the kitchen.

 

“Where are you going?” Minjoo questioned breathed out.

 

“I’ll be back in a few, okay? Sit tight.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The world was collapsing. Everything was chaos. Existence itself was falling in on itself.

 

Chaewon realized now how completely and utterly useless she was in the kitchen.

 

Her mind briefly flashed to Sakura questioning the scrambled eggs she made.

 

How the heck do you make soup? What kind of other-worldly powers do you need to make this--this devil juice. I seriously--this is ridiculous.

 

Chaewon ran a hand through her hair as she looked at the ingredients thrown on the table.

 

“What are you doing?” Eunbi asked as she walked in to get some water to ease the burning in after all the yelling she did at Yena and Yujin (she swore she’d kill them if she got hit by one more sock).

 

“I’m trying to make soup for Minjoo since she’s sick, but this is basically rocket science,” Chaewon mumbled, palming her face in frustration.

 

Eunbi looked at Chaewon’s face for a second and laughed. She forgot how terrible the girl was at cooking.

 

“Stop laughing!” Chaewon pouted.

 

“Okay, okay, but please, God, let me help you. I just finished dealing with the other two; I don’t want our dorm to set on fire on the same day.”

 

Pouting intensifies.

 

“Fine.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chaewon clapped her hands together excitedly with the soup now finished. Eunbi had already taken her leave and went to make sure that the other girls weren’t murdering each other. She had done her duty by making sure Chaewon hadn’t murdered the kitchen and thus their entire dorm.

 

She nudged the door open with a bowl of soup in her hands, carefully making her way up and next to Minjoo.

 

Feeling the shift in her bed, Minjoo popped her head out of the covers slightly to look at the figure that had settled beside her. She stared questionly at Chaewon who was stirring the contents held in the white bowl in her hands.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I seriously almost destroyed the entire building and my soul trying to make this soup so I will actually destroy you if you don’t eat this.”

 

Minjoo blinked at the girl who was still looking down at the soup and giggled softly, noticing how much effort Chaewon was putting into making the girl’s sickness go away.

 

“You haven’t eaten anything all day, so eat this or so God help me.

 

As she delivered her threat, she tugged at Minjoo’s pillow and repositioned it as the girl sat up, allowing her to be propped up more comfortably.

 

“Ah,” Chaewon said, positioning the spoon in front of Minjoo’s lips after blowing on it carefully.

 

Knowing that she had absolutely no say in this, Minjoo opened and allowed the older girl to feed her and wipe the soup off her chin. It was a teeny tiny bit nice having Chaewon babying her like this. She really appreciated all the work and effort Chaewon put into this.

 

Although, she knew that someone must have helped Chaewon cook this because otherwise she would either be 1) choking on how disgustingly terrible it would taste or 2) dying in the flames engulfing their dorm.

 

Once she finished, Chaewon handed her a glass of water that had been nestled in her lap. This time, at least, she let Minjoo drink herself. Once she was done, Chaewon took the dishes to the kitchen.

 

When she returned, she made sure that Minjoo was tucked in and had everything she needed.

 

“Do you need anything else? Well, preferably something that doesn’t require kitchen use.” Chaewon mumbled the last part out, grimacing at the memory of trying to make chicken noodle soup.

 

“Mmmm” Minjoo mumbled, snuggling into the covers. She was still a little cold.

 

“Chaewon-ah,” Minjoo called out, tugging on the girl’s shirt.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Sleep with me,” Minjoo pouted, tugging more firmly on Chaewon’s shirt.

 

“Huh? You’re going to make me sick too,” Chaewon replied as she made her way under the covers anyways (how could she say no?).

 

“I’m cold. If you get sick, well, sacrifices must be made.”

 

Minjoo smiled as Chaewon settled down next to her, pulling her close and wrapping an arm around her. She dug her head into Chaewon’s neck, breathing that scent that was wholly hers. She sighed in contentment, closing her eyes.

 

“Yeah? If I get sick, someone’s getting beat,” Chaewon threatened, but it wasn’t so threatening since she was lazily running her hand through Minjoo’s hair.

 

“I could take you,” she retorted, her warm breath against Chaewon’s neck, making the girl shiver a little.

 

“Yeah, yeah, just go to sleep, dummy. There’s no way you’re still cold, because I’m really hot,” Chaewon said haughtily.

 

“Be quiet, I’m trying to sleep.” The loving smile really took away some of the aggression she was trying to get through. Chaewon could feel it against her skin.

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

“G’night, Minjoo,” she whispered as she smiled into the younger girl’s hair as she drifted off, kissing it lightly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Minjoo,” Chaewon seethed between coughs and sneezes.

 

“Yes?” She replied sweetly, smiling.

 

“I’m going to kil-”

 

She’s interrupted by a sneeze, whining as her threat was cut short.

 

“Sacrifices have been made,” Minjoo exclaimed gleefully as she shot finger hearts at Chaewon.

 

She stuck her tongue out, laughing at Chaewon’s pain.

 

Chaewon was plotting her murder.


She was so going to pay for this later.