Heartless

Heartless (One Shot)

 

No one’s POV

It’s raining outside as a tomboy is sitting alone in a dark room. She is looking out the window, staring at the rain and trying her best not to cry.

 

*Flashback

“Amber, I have to tell you something.” Krystal said seriously as Amber just got home from work.

“What baby?” Amber said happily as she grabbed Krystal’s hand.

“I want to break up with you.” Krystal pulled back her hand.

“What are you talking about, you’re joking right?” Amber said as she walked up to Krystal and circled her arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

“Do I look like I am joking?” Krystal tried to get out Amber embrace but fail to do so.

“I love you.” Amber said in a sad tone as she was starting to process that this was not a joke.

“Well I don’t.” Krystal said as she finally got out of Amber’s embrace. Krystal went to the bedroom they shared and took her packed belonging.

“Krys…”Amber said as she grabbed hold of Krystal’s wrist.

“Did…did you find someone else?” Amber said on the verge of tears.

“No, I just simply fell out of love with you.” Krystal pulled out Amber grip once again.

“and here is your ring back.” Krystal opened Amber’s hand to give it back to her but it slipped out and fell on to the wooden floor. Krystal walked towards the doors and opened it.

“Bye.” Was the last thing she said before the door closed.

With the sound of the door closing, Amber dropped to her knees and the tears that had threatened to fall had finally fallen.

*End of flashback.

 

After that day Amber would go to work with a mask on, pretending that nothing had happened. She would laugh at jokes and make up jokes like she used to but on the inside, the pain was eating her up. It was like her heart had left her body and is not willing to return. She was hiding it very well since no one had noticed, not even her best friends. They thought everything was going well between the couple.

 

After work, Amber would either go out with her comrades to the karaoke bar or she would go to the bar on her own. She would usually go home past midnight, drunk. Almost every morning, she would cry herself to sleep.  

 

She would think back to all the happy times they had together and the confession. All the ‘I love you’ they had said to each other and the sweet moments they shared.

 

It’s Sunday morning and it’s raining out. Amber is all alone, she stared to zone out.

 

I thought you were the one.

I thought we were going to spend the rest of our lives together.

I thought I did enough to make you happy.

That’s right I thought.

What happened to ‘I will there, forever and always’?

Well I guess you lied since I see you with that guy.

I saw you two laughing, hugging, and kissing.

 

Amber wiped off the tears on her face and walked into her kitchen, she got another can of beer and open it and finished it within seconds and just threw it out. She got an opened whiskey bottle and started to drink from it, she stumbled her way back to her bedroom.

 

 When she was close to the door she lost her balance and fell. The whiskey bottle shattered into pieces. Amber looked at the pieces and slowly moved her hand to pick up the sharpest one.

 

“If you don’t love me anymore, I won’t either.” She said as she slid the glass across her left wrist, on top of her tattoo. There was no need for faith or hope when the only thing you ever cherished was gone.

 

Amber cut herself again but this time deeper. The blood that was flowing out of her wrist had started to stain the white rug. She did it a few more times, she let out a bitter smile, and soon she felt cold and her eyelids were heavy….

 

“Bye” was the last thing she said before she closed her eyes and a tear drop slides down her cheek.



 

Sorry again for the fail 

sorry for the bad grammar

well i'm going back to studing sad

peace out