1/1

eyes on you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

wanted it to be a 500 words story but it got longer. i wrote this mindlessly so expect some crappiness coz i haven't written a story for so damn long. i've only written codes for months! this wasn't what i was planning to post anyway >.< 

 

To kimmy and my fellow rosekook shippers especially, Merry Christmas xoxo

 

Chaeyoung noticed Jungkook from far away and sighed, throwing her glance elsewhere when his eyes met hers. When her friends pulled her arms, dragging her to where the boys were sitting, Chaeyoung gritted her teeth. Not now, she said in her head. But as always, she was helpless when it came to her friends, relenting as she let herself get pulled like a doll.

 

Chaeyoung chose the end of the couch to sit. Whichever spot it was, she knew that she could feel Jungkook every now and then looking at her from his seat. When Jungkook went to the toilet and came back to sit at the end of the couch he and s were occupying, basically sitting across her, Chaeyoung made sure that she occupied herself with her phone, scrolling mindlessly.

 

A while later Jimin, Hoseok, Taehyung get up and took the rest of her members to the dance floor, leaving her behind to sit awkwardly with the rest of the boys. She wished for them to stay there. At least there would be less tension. But Seokjin joined his friends afterwards, Namjoon joined his.

 

She should have agreed to dance with the guys who approached her to get herself out of the tension sitting with Jungkook and the rest. Unwilling to be left alone with Jungkook, Chaeyoung got up quickly when she noticed the slightest movement Yoongi made.

 

She rushed to find her members who were busy flirting and dancing. “Let’s go get some food,” she said loudly over the deafening music.

 

“I think he’s hungry,” Taehyung shouted, nodded his head at Jungkook’s direction.

 

With a frustrated sigh, Chaeyoung pulled herself out of the dance floor and saw her bunch of friends. Thank god, she smiled and began to walk to the girls of Red Velvet but stopped midway when she saw the girls get approached by guys.

 

Turning away, she headed to where the food was served. Just as she filled in her glass, she sensed a presence near her.

 

For some reason, she did not have to turn her head to see who it was. No, her own voice whined in her head. From far, she saw Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa laughing and teasing her.

 

“Hey.”

 

Swallowing the lump in , Chaeyoung turned her head briefly. “Hey,” she managed with a flat tone and averted her attention back to her drink.

 

Jungkook took a glass and filled it in with the exact same drink as hers, she noticed. He said nothing for the next five minutes or so before he hummed the song that played next. It felt like another forever and Chaeyoung wished for someone to appear to take her away from him or Namjoon to come by and tell him that it was time to leave. She even wished for someone to cause a scene so that every attention would be on whatever that scene was.

 

It was not always for her to feel like she should just head back to the dorm. But this was one of those rarest days when she did not feel like hanging out with even her closest friends.

 

“You don’t look okay,” Jungkook said, and Chaeyoung blinked. He was already standing in front of her. She swore that a second ago he was just behind her. Or beside her, she was not sure.

 

“All of your friends are there, dancing. Why aren’t you joining them?” he asked.

 

She bit on her tongue lightly as she tried to avoid his eyes, looking elsewhere and sipped her drink. “I’m tired. That’s all.”

 

Chaeyoung chastised herself for replying to him. Shouldn’t she do things other than interacting with him?

 

She noticed from the corner of her eyes that he was nodding and was stepping a little closer. Chaeyoung stepped away to create more distance at the same time, and he stopped moving.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked. Chaeyoung lifted the glass to her lips again, eyes down on the small ripple as the air from her nose hit the drink lightly.

 

“Of course, I’m alright,” she chuckled half-heartedly and shrugged. “Why wouldn’t I be alright?”

 

“I don’t know,” Jungkook himself shrugged lightly as he put down his glass and took a cookie and threw it into his mouth. He took a few seconds to finish eating it and continued, “You are avoiding me tonight.”

 

Chaeyoung froze. She almost laughed, but she knew her face stayed tight. Slowly, a smile that was small pulled on her lips and when she looked at him, she tilted her head and asked, “Oh, am I?”

 

Jungkook stared at her with his big eyes, blinked at her two times and she wanted to roll her eyes at how he made himself look confused. Maybe he was confused after all, but she didn’t care.

 

“Did I say something wrong?”

 

Chaeyoung turned away with the smile disappearing from her face. She stayed silent and finished her drink.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” he asked and this time, he was a little closer.

 

Chaeyoung shrugged. “I don’t know. No, I guess.”

 

“Chaeyoung,” he called her name softly and she hated how her heart suddenly jumped at that.

 

Stop it, she warned her heart.

 

“Rosie…”

 

Oh, how she hated the way he called her that. Because when he did, her head would surely turn to look at him.

 

“Rosie, what’s the matter?”

 

“Nothing,” she replied and already felt herself pouting.

 

“If there’s nothing, then why are you like this?”

 

“I don’t know!” she snapped and thanks to the loud music, other people didn’t hear her.

 

A second later, some male idols came to ask her to dance with them and she didn’t know why she rejected when that was the chance for her to get away from Jungkook. Her eyes could be wrong, though, when she saw the light smile building on Jungkook’s face when she said ‘no’ to each of the guys. It was silence again between them before she felt the heat from his body growing stronger as he stepped closer.

 

“Care for a dance with me?” he asked, and she looked up at him with an annoyed expression. Jungkook lifted his brow at her and softly, he said, “Rosie?”

 

No, her mind repeated but perhaps, body and mind didn’t always cooperate with each other, she thought, when she saw that she put her hand on his.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter