Final

New Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I'm off early.

 

One doe-eyed groans in annoyance upon reading the note her girlfriend posted on their fridge. Usually they would go to work together as a couple who had been dating for 3 years. But today seems a different thing as the latter left their apartment before she even woke up. "Ugh, she's still mad at me, isn't she?" There's only one reason that crosses her mind why her girlfriend did it.

 

"If you don't stop her then forget about me."

 

"Aish!" She recalls her last words last night, which hits her on the spot. She tried to talk to her but she was ignored the whole night they were on their way home. "It's not like this is the first time I upset her." She brushed off what happened and resumes to get a bottle of water from the fridge. But she stops midway when her mind flashes back again last night.

 

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon-ssi! I will kill you!" Seohyun grabs the older girl's hair and she started dragging her but Yoona came too fast and started to stop her. She's too furious that she kicks her own girlfriend so she would leave her and the girl who tried to seduce her girlfriend. When she had successfully pushed her girlfriend away, she pushed the smaller girl so hard and she fell on the ground. Without wasting time, she straddles on her waist and once again grabs her hair, pulling and pushing it angrily. "How dare you did that to my baby?! How dare you try to steal her from me, stupid!!!!"

 

Hyoyeon tried to do her best to stop the furious woman on top of her but it's hard to stop her when she's at the bottom.

 

Yoona couldn't stop her girlfriend so she asks for the securities of the restaurant they just had dinner and stop the two from fighting. Everyone in the street are looking at them, which is making her embarrass.

 

Shaking her head, she drinks her water in a fast manner and grabs her coat hanging on the chair, as she left the apartment casually yet her mind is still occupied by her girlfriend that's hurting her at the same time. She knows it's her to blame but Seohyun have made it worse. She believes they can just talk it out but she's avoiding her.

 

Taking her phone out of her pocket, Yoona held it both hands and thought of a message for her girlfriend. She is however got distracted when in the corner of her eyes, someone is staring at her. She smiled and wave at the young girl and returned to her phone. But her mind suddenly changed and she put her phone back, looking outside the window of the bus. They happened to pass by a couple in the street that parted ways, and they look both distraught, probably they just broke up?

 

She suddenly felt scared about losing her girlfriend and she hastily fetched her phone and rings the younger girl's number. Much to her disappointment, she's not answering. "Aish, pick up please." She dialed her number again but it will still connect to a voice mail. She groans and smacks her own forehead physically. She hates the feeling but she will hate herself even more if she can't make up with her.

 

Suddenly, her phone rings and she rolled her eyes upon reading hyoyeon's contact ID. "I already told you, please stop calling me. Otherwise, I'm calling the police this time." She answered but only to warn her and hangs up. Hyoyeon is a college friend of hers who had been chasing her even though she knows she's dating Seohyun. She's someone who is so obsess with her which is a mental illness of her.

 

Sighing, Yoona finally decided to send her girlfriend a message and hopes to see a reply.

 

To: Boss Baby

I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

 

Even though she had been telling her that since last night, she still sent the same message and waited for a response. However, the bus has arrived in the airport yet she didn't see a reply even just a simple 'yes' or 'no' if she is still mad.

 

-

 

She's on duty together with the other securities in the airport even though it's New Year's Eve and there are a lot of passengers going in and out of the airport, but it didn't stop Yoona from trying to approach her busy girlfriend as well.

 

"S-Seohyun-ah." She stammers however to greet her.

 

Seohyun's head turn and she saw the doe-eyed greeted her with a bright smile. "Wae?" She coldly greeted back.

 

"Did you get my text?" Yoona asks softly and carefully.

 

"I'm busy." Seohyun replied and walks away casually, while she's looking around, to make sure everyone is following the rules of the Airport.

 

Yoona caught up with her girlfriend and walks side by side with her. "Let's have lunch later in a newly opened restaurant." She told her not giving up that instant.

 

"I'll skip lunch." Seohyun just continued her cold treatment without giving the deer a look.

 

"Why?" Yoona lamely replied, even though she expects her she will not explain.

 

"There are a lot of passengers right now. Our team leader ordered to keep going around until five." said Seohyun as she stopped and bends down to picked up the heavy luggage that fell on the floor.

 

"Thank you." The owner of the luggage bowed in gratefulness of her help and passes through.

 

"I didn't get that. Let's skip lunch then." Yoona nodded in understanding as she felt bad because she was too late to learn.

 

Seohyun suddenly stopped and looked at her girlfriend in the eyes. "You can just eat without me. The team leader did not require to skip it." She then looked away and continued her walk with her hands at the back.

 

Yoona sighs heavily and caught up easily with her girlfriend. "I already told her." She tried to open the conversation about Hyoyeon. "... I already told her to stop otherwise, I'm calling the police."

 

Seohyun stopped on her tracks upon hearing it from the deer. "Aren't you being harsh?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I mean, you should not call police. She deserves to be in the mental hospital."

 

Yoona blinks a few times. "That's-"

 

"Kim Hyoyeon is a crazy girl, if you don't want her to put in the mental hospital, then I'm doing it." Seohyun interrupted and resumes her work. She gritted her teeth, recalling back how her girlfriend just let that Hyoyeon seduce her. She was even sitting on her lap, without doing anything about it. It's sickening her recalling what she saw that night because she feels like her girlfriend also like what Hyoyeon did to her. It's not easy to forget and forgive.

 

"That's not for me to decide. Hyoyeon has a family and they should be the one doing that." Yoona explained her side as she blocks her girlfriend's way. "I warned her about the police so she can't approach me anymore. She can't harm us anymore."

 

"Let's talk later." Seohyun just said and once again left her.

 

 

***

 

 

"There's something else, isn't it?" Yoona is just stubborn and she approached her girlfriend again after she spotted her, she's free from dealing two passengers that complain about another employee of the Airport.

 

"What do you mean?" Seohyun asked back, confused with her whatever her girlfriend is pointing out.

 

"Tell me. There's something else that you can't forget that easily." Yoona demanded. "That you can't forgive right away."

 

Seohyun sighs out of annoyance. "You're thinking too much, Im Yoona. She tried to avoid her but the deer got her hand. Before she can complain, she began to drag her. "Where are you taking me?"

 

"There are a lot of people." Yoona reasoned as she continued to drag her girlfriend until they reached the elevator to the second floor. "I feel like we really need to talk alone." She added as she looked at her girlfriend seriously in the eyes.

 

Seohyun audibly sighs and looked away. She tried to pull her hand off of her girlfriend's grasp but she wouldn't badge. It hurts her more that she's too persistent but she however couldn't do something. What happened last night is enough, she can't make a scene in their working place.

 

Moments later, they arrived at their locker room. Yoona locked the door to make sure no one will have the chance to listen to their conversation.

 

"Tell me now whatever is keeping you from forgetting about it. Tell me so I can do something about it." Yoona desperately and breathlessly commanded. She seriously can't continue her work when her mind had been bothered by the way her girlfriend is treating her. It's frustrating that she wanted to end her misery early and that, she can focus on her work again.

 

"You're overthinking, Im Yoona!" Seohyun tried to escape but her furious girlfriend grabs her and pins her to the wall, surprising her soul.

 

"I'm not overthinking. I know you and I know there is something else that's bothering you!" Yoona frustringly yelled in front of her girlfriend's face. She let go of her wrist and leaned out when she realized what she just did. "I... I'm sorry. I was just... "

 

"Hyoyeon and you, that image of you both is not easily forgotten. Especially that I saw you enjoying your intimate moment with her!" Seohyun couldn't control herself and pushed the doe-eyed so hard that she hits her back against the locker and almost loses her balance. "DO YOU ING KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS ME?! I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT BECAUSE OF THAT!"

 

"I... I thought you know she drug me before you came to the scene?" Yoona asks in disbelief as tears are falling down non-stop. "I thought I've explained how she also hypnotized me and I just snapped out of it when I saw you charging on her?"

 

"Still, it's humilating for my eyes. I feel like you've cheated because of that... So please, give me space. I need to sort out everything first." Seohyun looked down and she gradually tried to leave but two arms wrap behind her.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm really so sorry." Yoona sobs as she held her girlfriend so tight. "I know this will not help me but I'm really so sorry last night. I'm really sorry, baby." she kissed her cheeks and slowly let go of her, letting her leave the locker room. As soon as the younger one has closes the door in front of her, she exhales so loud and wipes her tears away while sniffling constantly.

 

 

***

 

 

"You're going straight home?"

 

Yoona stops midway from gathering her stuffs on her desk when she heard her fellow security, Nam Joohyuk's voice. "Yes, why?" She got confused with her tone of voice.

 

"Well, there's a Year-End Party later. It's New Year's Eve, remember?" Joohyuk reminded her.

 

"Omo, indeed." Yoona just mentally scolded herself for forgetting it. She was too busy earlier and she somehow can't blame herself. Besides the confrontation she had with Seohyun, she encounters a lot of troubles from different passengers around the airport.

 

"Where's Seohyun by the way? Didn't see her during lunch break."

 

"Yeah, she was going around non-stop. That's why she wasn't with us. She's probably heading to the party now."

 

"Okay. I'll see you there, then." Joohyuk nodded and leaves the office first.

 

Yoona let out an exhausted sigh. "So we can't attend the Year-End party this time. Aish." And she's seriously the one to blame. If she only she did not answer that phone call Hyoyeon made, she wouldn't be having a cold New Year's Eve. She looked down to her desk and resumes gathering her things. She however pauses when she saw that thing from her drawer, she bought last week. It looks like she can't give it to her tonight, so she picked it up and put it inside her backpack.

 

Stepping out of the office, she stopped midway when she was greeted by her girlfriend, standing next to the door, wearing a trench coat and her favorite gray scarf around her neck. "What-"

 

"What took you so long?" Seohyun interrupted with a cold question.

 

"I'm... I'm just gathering my stuffs." Yoona explained. "But what are you doing here? I thought you said... "

 

"Well, It's New Year's Eve and everyone are expecting us. We can't skip this, can we?" Seohyun mocks and she heads to the elevator, leaving the deer dumbfounded.

 

Shaking her head, Yoona hastily followed inside the elevator. She stood next to her girlfriend with a smile on her face, despite her cold treatment. The fact that she waited for her just makes her confident she will forgive her in time. "You look pretty, tonight." She whispers but did not hear a response. "I love your scarf." She added, reminding herself that it was her who bought it for the younger one. "Thank you for waiting for me."

 

"I can't go home without you and I have to attend the annual party." Seohyun explained without looking at her girlfriend.

 

Yoona smiled and bit her lower lip. Even though she still sounds upset, her words made her feel giddy and she's fluttering. "I almost forgot to be honest. If not for Joohyuk, I wouldn't think of it but I never expect for you to appear. I mean, I thought you already went home." She said and glanced to her girlfriend. She briefly looked down to her hand and wanted to hold her but she is retracted back her hand before she can touch her.

 

"Our team leader, she wants us to go to work early in the morning tomorrow again."

 

"Yes? Uh yeah... Since there are more passengers on January one. Especially leaving the country." Yoona noted. It's been a routine every start of the year, as one of the securities. Even though it's still tiring to go to work, there's nothing they can do about. They are earning high either way and it's helping them pay their bills.

 

As soon as they left, they elevator, Yoona runs to a store that sells cakes and bought one small strawberry cake.

 

"Why did you buy that?" Seohyun is surprised but she took it from her girlfriend either way.

 

"It's New Year's Eve, we can't also celebrate without sweets. Isn't it our culture to buy a cake? And I have to make sure our 2019 will be sweeter than this year." Yoona sweetly replied as she lovingly looked into the younger girl's eyes.

 

Seohyun just rolled her eyes and continue her way out of the airport.

 

Yoona followed suit and tried to hold her girlfriend's hand but was too fast from getting inside the cab. She just brushed it off and took the empty seat next to her.

 

"Royal Hotel, Please." She told the taxi driver before it drives off.

 

Turning her head to her left, she finds the younger girl leaning her head to the headrest with her eyes close and arms are crossed while the box of cake is on her lap. "Aigoo..." She was about to take it from her when she heard her voice.

 

"Move it or I will hit you." Said Seohyun firmly.

 

Yoona retracted her hand back right away and gulped nervously. "I thought she can't see anything?" Mumbles her and she leaned her back on her seat, sighing for the nth time of the day. 'We are supposed to be so happy right now.' It hurts her to be honest because last New Year's Eve, they were like the happiest couple on earth.

 

Flashback...

 

While everyone is enjoying their drinks, Seohyun and Yoona are enjoying the singer that's singing on the stage. Both are inseparable since the party started. Not even their colleagues can separate them because they don't want to leave each other’s side.

 

Both are so sweet, holding each other’s hands while Seohyun is leaning her head to her girlfriend's shoulder.

 

"How about changing my profession?" Seohyun suddenly thought of asking.

 

"What profession?" Yoona doesn't have any idea. She's just enjoying the warm her girlfriend is giving her.

 

"Singer?" Seohyun lifted her head to see her girlfriend's reaction.

 

Yoona finds the idea silly and chuckled. "Are you kidding me? You can't even sing a children song." And she jokes about it.

 

Seohyun literally hits the doe-eyed's arm. "I hate you." She then sulks and let go of her hand but the latter took her hand back and kissed her cheek.

 

"You know you can do whatever you want. But I would rather be the only one who listens to you because you might forget how am I a big fan of you." Yoona said and kissed her girlfriend's cheek again and again.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes and stopped her girlfriend. "Fine. I won't change my profession now." She scooted closer again and rested her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. "We meet in this profession, so how would I change this, hmm?"

 

Yoona giggles and pinched the younger girl's cheeks. "That's the reason you're my boss baby."

 

"Boss Baby, but I'm not the boss some times." Mumbled Seohyun.

 

"Because you need to be controlled also. Not all the time-"

 

"Araso baby. You don't have to mention them again."

 

Yoona chuckled and kissed her girlfriend's forehead. "I love you."

 

"I love Im Yoona." Seohyun playfully replied. She lifted her head and meets her girlfriend's lips halfway with hers. They both smiled sweetly to one another before turning their attention back to the singer.

 

Just a moment later, everyone is on their feet as the countdown started. Everyone is shouting crazily, as if the world is ending. Seohyun and Yoona aren't exempted. They're childishly counting down while self-recording on their phones.

 

As soon as it hits twelve midnight, everyone greeted 'Happy New Year!' and grabs their partners to kiss under the colorful fireworks. But not for Seohyun and Yoona. They're taking pictures of one another rather.

 

Yoona who prefers to take photos of girlfriend doesn't mind the background where couples are kissing. She cares about giving her girlfriend a good photo while the night sky is dancing with fireworks. If she's not a security agent in the Airport, she's probably a photographer.

 

"What do you want as a gift?" Seohyun is satisfied with all the photos and she asked her girlfriend in return for being like a professional photographer.

 

"A kiss?" Yoona grinned to tell her request.

 

Seohyun leaned in and kissed her girlfriend's cheek rather. "More kisses at next New Year's Eve." She whispers cutely.

 

Yoona grinned and pulled her girlfriend for a hug while the fireworks are still coloring the sky. "I love you, boss baby." She whispers back.

 

"I love you, my Im Yoona." Seohyun replied with a giggle and smiles in contentment.

 

Even though late, Yoona pulled back and kisses her girlfriend on the lips making her blush and kissed her back.

 

End of Flashback...

 

 

Yoona tilt her head to the side and finally realized her girlfriend is snoring. "She fell asleep?" She was about to wake her up when she recalls how did she work so hard the entire day. "Aigoo, she must be so tired." Then she noticed she's more than hugging herself now. She casually took her coat off of her and gently place it on her shoulders.

 

Her lips curved into a tiny smile, watching her sleep that's melting her heart. Three years and she find herself falling in love again and again.

 

"No matter what happens, you know I will always love you." She whispers, tucking her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead lovingly. "And no matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter