Secret Santa 2018

For the woman with everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone. This is a newly fixed Seulrene oneshot I wrote last year but fixed it for Seulrene instead. And it’s pretty much Seulgi hoping to not get her boss and crush Bae Joohyun for the secret santa thing, and of course she does get her. So what does she get for the woman with everything, right? Enjoy

 

 

With Christmas being just around the corner. All the employees of Bae JH Inc, are nervous about the upcoming annual office party. They are freaking out because with the party comes Secret Santa. No one wants to get Bae Joohyun who is their boss, and it’s not that their boss isn’t nice, warm, and understanding. It’s just who the hell wants to buy a gift for their boss. It’ll be awkward, plus what can you get for a woman who has everything. Kang Seulgi just like anyone else doesn’t want to get her boss either. She has a huge and terribly embarrassing crush on Joohyun. The woman is just so gorgeous, nice, pretty and Seulgi turns into a colossal fool around her boss. One such embarrassing moment happened while in one of the company lounges. Sometimes Joohyun will pop in unannounced and goes unnoticed. Not that time however.

 

(Flashback)

 

In the beginning Seulgi thought it be cool working with her closest friends Son Seungwan. Someone who is her oldest and dearest friend, and their younger friends Park Joy and Kim Yeri, it was a foolish idea to believe in, as once they realized she had a crush on their boss. They never stopped bothering her about it.

 

“Seulgi, tell us again about your dream.” Joy begins.

 

“W-what?” Seulgi coughs over her Pringles.

 

“You know the one. The one where our boss invites you to her office and you ask what can you do for her. But you end up throwing her to the floor to rock her world!”

 

Yeri and Seungwan are busy cracking up at the wide eyed look on their friends face.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Joy.”

 

“You know the dream, Seul.” Yeri joins in. “The one where our CEO is begging you to her.”

 

“N-no, there was no dream like that.”

 

She hopes of course Seungwan will defend her. They’ve been friends forever and she won’t let her down. Of course she does though.

 

“You remember, Seul. It’s the one where you wake up really wet and bothered.”

 

“Come on, Wan. Not you too.”

 

No one notices Joohyun walk in. She often dresses casual in plaid shirts and jeans, blends right in with workers sometimes. Seulgi assumes it’s so she can appear like a human being in front of her workers, and less like the goddess she is. Sometimes she’ll be in glasses too and it can make her unrecognizable.

 

“Seul, you know you want to bang our boss.” Yeri teases.

 

Joohyun pauses when she hears that, tea in her hand almost about to hit the ground.

 

“W-what, no there is no dream. I do not think of having with our boss!!”

 

There is the sound of a throat being cleared. Everyone turns to see their raven-haired boss standing nearby. They all look scared especially Seulgi.

 

“Oh , um Joohyun-nim!” Monolid eyes are seriously full of fear. “Pay no attention to that.”

 

“Seulgi, I don’t have a strict policy about what you all discuss on your lunch hour. But maybe not broadcast wanting to have with me out loud.”

 

Seulgi thinks she’s going to die. She feels faint and dizzy like she will pass out at any moment. All she can do is nod dumbly and Joohyun soon leaves.

 

“Seul, hey, Seul.” Joy nudges her. “Bro, I think she likes you.”

 

(End)

 

Ever since that happened Seulgi does her absolute best to avoid Joohyun. It is pretty impossible though as she sometimes has to deliver reports to her boss, runs into her at various random times, and Joohyun will also appear at the lounge, or company gym blending in like any worker. Seulgi isn’t looking forward to later when they do the Secret Santa lotto. She hopes to god she won’t draw Joohyun’s name. It’s all she can think of even now as she is in the elevator waiting to get to her floor. There are a lot of other people in here too. She finds herself pressed up against a very soft, warm body, and oh wow are those s? Whoever this is they sure smell so good too, like a hint of lavender and something else but not overpowering.

 

“I hope I’m comfortable for you, Seulgi.” Is what the brunette hears, and damn it’s her boss. The same one she’s been trying so hard to not run into, and now she’s pressed up against her in ways she probably shouldn’t be.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry CEO-nim! My bad, it’s just really crowded and I’m so sorry. I’m really not trying to harass you ually, I promise!”

 

Seulgi knows she’s rambling, she just hopes that Joohyun won’t fire her or worse. It’s not like she means to be pressed up so tightly against her. Seulgi is also really not trying to imagine doing naughty things to her, of course not! Okay, so maybe she’s definitely thinking of kissing and touching places she shouldn’t, but only a little. Then Seulgi hears it, possibly the most angelic, cutest chuckle she could hear from another person. Joohyun is chuckling because of her, and the brunette really wants to make her laugh some more one day.

 

“Seulgi, it’s okay. There are are a lot of people in the elevator. I’m not upset, I promise.”

 

“Oh, okay then….good.” Seulgi breathes.

 

“I wouldn’t worry about it. You have a fantastic body.”

 

“Y-yeah, wait what?” The taller woman blinks staring at her boss, who seems to be looking at her with a flirtatious look? No, that can’t be possible because why would her gorgeous boss flirt with her. Only Joohyun leans over to her ear.

 

“I said that you have a fantastic body, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi feels her face get hot and very red. She is terrified that if she opens she will say something stupid, so instead of saying something stupid she opts for doing something stupid. The brunette makes a mad dash out the elevator as soon as it gets to the next floor. It’s hard to do with pushing people out of her way, but she does it. She will walk the next 7 flights to her floor, anything is better than embarrassing herself further with her boss. Only Seulgi misses the way Joohyun was smiling at her.

 

“Ah, Seulgi. You’re just too adorable, aren’t you?” The raven thinks to herself as the doors close. She really has to get to know her better on a personal level. Joohyun has always found Seulgi to be attractive and nice, but now that she knows she is this cute in her behavior too. They definitely need to spend some one on one time together.

 

 

When Seulgi gets to her desk she sinks down in her chair. Thank god she is a dancer and in shape so she’s not nearly as dead as she could have been. She closes her eyes to rest for a moment only she hears loud shouting above her head.

 

“Good morning, Seulgi! Are you ready for the Secret Santa lotto today?” It’s Joy who’s screaming super loud this damn early in the morning. Seulgi turns with a groan to see the taller dark-haired girl smiling at her.

 

“Joy, how are you so cheerful this early? I need at least 3 cups of coffee before I can be more alert.”

 

Joy grins and sits down on Seulgi’s desk. She does this often, invite herself over to Seulgi’s space to annoy the absolute hell out of her.

 

“I’m always like this, Seul. Now, are you excited for later. I can’t wait, I hope I pick my Yerimie!”

 

Joy is currently making googly and heart shaped eyes at Yeri who is desks away. The slightly younger brunette is on her phone texting with a smile on her face. Seulgi knows that look though, Yeri is no doubt texting with her best friend Kim Saeron. Yeri is just so close to Saeron that Joy is either delusion about it or really optimistic.

 

“Uh, Joy I hate to break it to you. But, you know Yerimie is probably really in love with…”

 

“Hey! No, we don’t say that name. We do not say her name.” Joy repeats. “Yerimie loves me. She just needs help realizing it, ah I can’t wait for the lotto later. I need to start thinking of things to buy for her.”

 

“But, what if you don’t get Yeri?”

 

“No! I will draw my Yeri’s name. You just have faith, you’ll see. Bye, Seul. We’ll come get you later for the drawing.”

 

Seulgi nods. She isn’t excited about this lotto drawing. At least last year she got Seungwan and she isn’t hard to shop for. If she’s lucky she will pick Seungwan or one of her friends again. Right now she really needs some coffee otherwise she won’t function. Only as she is getting up someone is handing her a cup of steaming coffee, with cream and sugar just how she likes it. There is her best friend Seungwan smiling warmly at her.

 

“Oh, Wan, thank you. I was just thinking of coffee.”

 

“I know, here you go,  Seul. Now, are you ready for later? Everyone else is freaking out about it.”

 

“I know.” The monolid woman nods. “Well, you know why. Everyone is freaked out about getting our boss.”

 

“Yeah, well that’s another responsibility no one wants. She’s our boss, who has probably everything, what does anyone get for her?”

 

Seulgi nods again in agreement. She doesn’t remember who had Joohyun last year, but they went all out and bought her a really expensive coach bag that she didn’t look all too thrilled about, so maybe she wouldn’t like something very expensive. Seulgi doesn’t know why she is worried about it though, it’s not like she’ll get Joohyun. The odds of that happening are very slim indeed.

 

“Joy is already planning her love confession or something for Yeri.” Seulgi tells Seungwan who laughs right away.

 

“Joy is going to have to give up. Yeri is probably in love with Saeron, poor Joy though. She’s determined if nothing else.”

 

“Well, the heart wants what it wants I guess.”

 

That’s when the shorter blonde looks down at her with knowing eyes.

 

“Ooh, and when will our CEO-nim finally know of your love for her?”

 

“W-what? No, there is no way she’s finding out I like her. As long as you, Joy, and Yeri don’t make it more obvious.”

 

“Seul, you’re really a great catch. I don’t know what you’re so nervous about. I really think she likes you too.”

 

The brunette sighs, not this conversation again. All of her friends swear that Joohyun likes her back. Seulgi just doesn’t believe it. There is no one way her gorgeous and successful boss likes her too.

 

“Wan, don’t you have work to do?”

 

“Seulgi, I’m hurt. You don’t enjoy my presence? My time isn’t free you know.”

 

“Wan, please, I’ll see you later. I actually have this huge report I was supposed to hand in like yesterday.”

 

“What does it matter when you’ll be banging the boss sooner or later. You won’t have to work ever again.”

 

Seulgi coughs over her coffee at what Seungwan is implying. She can’t imagine that happening. The blonde just pinches her cheek and lets out an amused laugh. She tells Seulgi she’ll see her soon. The monolid woman does try to at least finish her report. It’s hard to focus when everyone around her is being so damn distracting. Fellow coworkers are loudly praying in groups that they don’t get Joohyun. Yeri is running away from Joy who keeps shouting that she loves her, and for some reason Seulgi keeps hearing her name.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

It sounds an awful lot like Joohyun, only she should be up a floor above in her office. Or somewhere finalizing the last minute Secret Santa lotto.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

There it goes again, it definitely sounds like Joohyun for sure. Seulgi closes her eyes as it’s probably the voices in her head, or Joy playing tricks by imitating her voice.

 

“Seulgi, I don’t like being ignored by my workers, so unless you’ve gone deaf in the last few moments. Can you please answer me?”

 

Monolid eyes open and focus on the smiling, but concerned face of Joohyun.

 

“CEO-nim!” Seulgi freaks out right away. She then proceeds to bow several times in apology.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

“I’m sorry. I thought I was just going crazy or something. I had no idea you were actually just standing there. You must think I’m a complete idiot.”

 

There goes that chuckle again. Seulgi feels her heart skip several beats.

 

“No, don’t be silly. I don’t think you’re an idiot. You were just zoning out for a while I was worried about you.”

 

Joohyun was worried about her? Why would Joohyun, who is boss of this entire building be concerned about her? Sounds highly unlikely.

 

“You were worried about me?”

 

“Yes, I have to make sure my employees are all doing well. Anyway, I wanted to ask….”

 

Only her cell phone is ringing off with some sort of alert notification. She looks at it with a look that reads she definitely needs to go.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry I need to handle this. But I’ll see you soon for the Secret Santa lotto, right?”

 

Seulgi nods, then watches as her boss walks off for god knows where. Just before she can sit down there are loud kissing sounds being made just behind her back. Seulgi turns to see Yeri and Joy. Of course it’s them.

 

“Ooh, Joohyun-nim I love you so much.” Yeri says in a singsong voice.

 

“Not as much as I love you my y monolid employee.” Joy grabs Yeri and actually kisses her. It makes Yeri scream and pushes the taller woman away.

 

“Hey, Sooyoung what the hell is your problem?”

 

“It’s Joy, sweetie remember that name because you will be screaming it soon.”

 

Yeri looks like she wants to scream. But she runs around to hide behind Seulgi.

 

“Help me, Seulgi. Make Joy stop flirt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter