I Love You

Let's Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina forced her lips to curve upward and stared at the girl in front of her with blank eyes. Seulgi sighed for the tenth time in the past five minutes and ran a hand through her hair. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, Irene was absolutely gorgeous and her eyes sparkled like stars in the night sky. Anyways, sorry, I forgot what your question was." she smiled sheepishly.

Mina felt her eye twitch and her fists clenched around the menu, possibly leaving nail marks in the plastic. "It's ok. I asked what you wanted to order." This was not okay. Seulgi was obviously still hung up on this Irene girl and Mina was obviously going to kill Sana for setting her up on yet another terrible blind date. This was the fourth time that Sana had begged Mina to let her set Mina up with one of her friends, who was just "dying to meet her." This was also the fourth time that the blind date ended up with her date either being a crazy stalker, a compulsive liar, a cheapskate, or, in this case, somebody who apparently was in love with her bestfriend but didn't know it.

Mina really needed to stop letting Sana set up blind dates for her.

"Oh," Seugli said as she rubbed the back of her neck with her hand, "I think I'm going to get the salmon. What about you?" she asked and gave Mina an eye smile. Mina blushed slightly. Eventhough Seulgi was clearly in love with her bestfriend, Mina couldn't deny that she was attractive. Maybe the dinner wouldn't be so bad after all.

"I think I'm going to get the chicken."

"That's a good choice. Maybe I should get it too. Irene never let's me get chicken. She hates it and says that just looking at her makes her want to throw up so I can never order it when we go out together..." Seulgi placed her menu on the table and continued to ramble on about Irene. Mina sighed and put her menu down too. She whipped out her phone and shot an SOS text to Momo. After sending Momo her text, Mina scrolled through instagram for a bit before glancing up to see if Seulgi had noticed her lack of attention.

Just as she had expected, Seulgi hadn't even noticed.

Mina sighed and locked her phone and placed it face up on the table.

"Irene is just so wonderful and-"

"Look Seulgi. Sana's told me a lot of good things about you, and honestly, you're really attractive. Anybody would be lucky to go out with you."

Seulgi stopped her tirade and blushed. She bowed her head to cover her flustered face. Mina smiled at the cute action before shaking her head. She needed to stop getting distracted if she wanted her plan to work.

"Thank you," Seulgi mumbled.

"Yeah, no problem. Anyways, as I was saying. Any girl would be lucky to have you but you're obviously in love with Irene." Mina said. Seulgi's head shot up quickly and Mina flinched as she felt second hand whiplash just watching the girl.

"I- what- I don't- I don't like Irene like that," Seulgi stammered out while shaking her head adamantly. "I'm sorry, I know I've been talking about her a lot but-"

Mina sighed and shook her head, "Seulgi, don't worry about it, I'm not angry at you - although I am angry at Sana," Mina mumbled that last part under her breath, "But I do think you need to stop deluding yourself and get confess to this Irene person that you like her, before it's too late." Mina said sagely as she sat back in her chair and crossed her arms.

"I- You're right." Seulgi said with a sigh. "Thank you Mina. I'm sorry you wasted your time, but if it means anything, you seem really nice, and if I didn't like Irene I'm sure I would fall for you." Just then, an angry brunnette stormed up to the table.

"Kang Seulgi," the lady announced as she pulled Seulgi up from her seat. "I know you're on a date right now, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. I'm in love with you." The lady announced. Mina sighed and sat back in her seat, well this was interesting, and not at all how she thought her evening would go, but seeing as this was a blind date set up by Sana, she honestly shouldn't be surprised.

"Irene?" Seulgi exclaimed, her eyes wide and agape. "What are you doing here?"

"I- uh"

"We totally weren't spying on you." A tiny woman said as she appeared next to the lady who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter