Final.

You Came in Like a Snowball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❄ unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ❄

 

 

 

There’s many things one might expect to happen when going for a walk with their dog. Some of these things could include having your dog try to chase after a squirrel or running into a friend you haven’t seen in a while. These are scenarios Jongin would have been prepared for. What Jongin wasn’t prepared for, however, was having a snowball hurled full force right at his face.

One second he’s watching his dog sniff at a patch of yellow snow and the next second he’s falling on his . His face in pain from both the strength of the pitch and of the cold of the snow. For a moment he thinks he out, but then he hears someone asking him if he’s okay and he opens his eyes.

He looks up to see a very distraught boy staring at him with wide eyes. A very distraught and very attractive boy. He watches the boy’s lips move, probably asking him if he’s okay, but Jongin doesn’t hear a word he says. He’s too busy staring at the other’s pink lips and thinking about how close they are.

“Oh my god, are you okay!? Do you need me to get help?” the boy frantically asks when Jongin doesn’t respond to his questions.

Jongin quickly snaps out of it and shakes his head. “N-No I don’t need help. I’m fine, I just- uh I was just shocked that’s all,” he says, getting up. “You threw that pretty damn hard, huh?”

The other looks down sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. “Ah...yeah. I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to hit you. I was just trying to hit that tree, but then you suddenly walked in front of it and then it was too late.”

“No, no it’s okay. Didn’t even hurt that much,” Jongin forces out a laugh because he’s lying, it hurt very much. This guy sure has an arm on him.

“Well I’m still sorry,” the shorter says. “I’m Baekhyun, by the way. Do you uh, wanna come in for some hot chocolate?”

Jongin is quick to accept the invitation, almost embarrassingly so and he hopes Baekhyun didn’t notice. He feels a fluttering in his chest and his hands start to sweat in his gloves as he follows the shorter into the house. He hasn’t been out on a date in months and although Sehun repeatedly told him he needed to put himself out there and get laid, he has not done so.

Flirting is definitely not his area of expertise. A prime example of this was two weeks ago when he tried hitting on the new exchange student, Yixing. Even after a whole afternoon of Jongin’s “best” lines, Yixing simply giggled and declared that Jongin was the cute little brother he had always wanted.  If that wasn’t the lowest blow to Jongin’s ego, he didn’t know what was. It was worse than being friendzoned and Sehun thought it was absolutely hilarious.

So now that he’s sitting here in Baekhyun’s kitchen, he’s prepared to make sure another fiasco like that won’t happen again. He anxiously watches the shorter makes the hot chocolate. Monggu’s lying down underneath his chair and Jongin’s glad at least one of them is having a relaxing time.

He rubs his clammy palms onto his thighs and attempts to gather up the courage to ask Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter