park jihoon i

la vie en rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

amazing. 

that's how i would describe her on and off stage.

 

humble.

that's how i perceive her as, in every scenario i've seen her in.

 

beautiful.

that's how i see her, inside and out.

 

all these compliments i want to say to her. if only i can approach her without spreading rumors, without causing scandals, without ruining our careers. i mean, mine would end soon, but hers? she's just starting. she hadn't shown her full potential yet, but i know, underneath that innocent and cute look, she could rile up a beast. a beast so powerful, all eyes would fall only on her. she can make the world stop and stare at her if she wanted, but, sadly, that wasn't gonna happen anytime soon. not unless she gains confidence.

 

i remember watching produce 48 for the very first time. Daehwi and Woojin  told me about how their friend was part of the trainees. each time we would watch an episode, Daehwi would point her out and tell stories during their trainee days. how funny though. they didn't need to tell me much about her. my eyes were already set on her the moment i saw her dancing on kpop star's stage, on sixteen. not that i have done anything like vote for her online, i was far too busy doing my own business to be able to cope up with it all, sadly. but i did cheer for her in my own way, like watching her performances and complimenting her, despite knowing she wouldn't hear me from the other side of the screen.

 

at the last episode, the final stage of produce 48. i was hoping, praying, wishing, she'd debut. she deserves it after all. she is one of the most hardworking trainees on the show, and everyone knows how talented she truly is. not only that, despite all the praises she received from trainees, trainers and netizens, she managed to stay humble and kind to those around her. i honestly don't understand how she finds herself lacking in visual, in my eyes, she's the most beautiful person. no one can tell me otherwise.

 

she was the center of attention during their performance. she had a dance break and blew everyone away with her charisma, stage presence and talent. who knows what else this girl can do, she already caught our attention, she caught my attention. she's got me wrapped around her fingers and she doesn't even know it.

 

from my seat, i could see the others making a bet about who will be part of the line up. So far, 9 members were announced, and Chaeyeon isn't one of them. i was pretty sure that she would either be rank 1 or rank 2, but, boy was i wrong. 

 

sakura and wonyoung took their seats after giving their speeches. "Do you think Chaeyeon will make it? Chowon is a strong opponent for the last spot too." i heard Woojin ask from beside me, turning to me slightly. instead of a reply, i gave him a small smile. i believed- scratch that, i believe in Lee Chaeyeon. i couldn't explain why or how, but i know that she will be part of iz*one. she will debut, and despite not being able to stand on the same stage as her in the future, i'll support her and the rest of iz*one.

 

"WM Lee Chaeyeon!"

 

i wasn't able to completely register it in my head. she won. she got her well deserved spot in the debut group. i felt bad for Chowon but felt really happy for Chaeyeon. looking to my left, i was right. Daniel made a bet with the others and won. Daehwi on the other hand, was jumping and celebrating with Somi, cheering for their friend. Jisung and Guanlin seemed to be really happy as well, maybe they were cheering for her as well. who knows? i'm just glad the person that i idoliz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter