Plans That Make You Swoon

Mnet Ships Us, Why Don't You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nearing the all important award show at the end of each year, MAMA. The girls was giddy that they were invited to such a prestigious event and they were willing to do anything their company wanted to throw out there for the fans and other artists to see.

They were all gathered in a meeting room, Yuri and Yena was in the corner talking about their favourite groups and artists that were also attending and how excited they were because they get to see a live performance. Hitomi and Nako wanted to make dinner for everyone so they were writing a lists of ingredients they needed to buy after this meeting. Yujin was annoying Minju with a straw, blowing air into her face and chasing after her while Wonyoung sat back and laughed.

Their leader, Eunbi was quietly reading some fan letters that she had gotten outside the company building, smiling and putting them carefully back into the envelope when she was done reading. Chaewon and Hyewon, were taking naps with their heads down on the table. Both of them made the mistake of eating late at night and forgetting the time they had to be at their next schedule, hence losing a lot of sleep.

The last two, so called 'couple' of the group were on opposite ends of the room. Just sitting, staring at nothing in particular. Chaeyeon was nervous, the kids couldn't understand why but Chaeyeon felt like she had a lot on her shoulders. MAMA performances were very spectacular and she stayed up all night picturing the many ways she could fail her own group and fans. Tripping and falling on stage, her mic stops working mid-way, her clothing ripping and so on. She was a nervous wreck.

But, she wasn't the only one. On the other side of the room, Sakura spun around in her chair, trying to keep her mind busy by playing with herself. Ended up failing miserably though. She kept glancing at Chaeyeon, who donned a grim expression. She was worried for her. However, she was worried about herself too. She had seen previous MAMA stages and how cool and charismatic they were. Not to mention the changes and new choreo groups had to learn to spice things up for the audience. The second eldest didn't want to let her team down, she still wasn't confident in her dancing abilities and she didn't want to burden her best friend if she could help it. Chaeyeon was always helping her whenever she fell behind before and after they debuted. Sometimes the younger girl sacrificed sleep to aid Sakura in her time of need.

The door opened and all the girls stopped what they were doing, a man and a woman came in holding a bunch of folders and a laptop each. IZ*ONE members greeted and introduced themselves to the two staff and sat down, patiently awaiting what happens next.

''So, as you know, MAMA stages are very different. We have a group cover older generation groups/artists and we also have collaboration stages throughout the event.'' The man started. He opened up the folder on top of the pile and slid it into the middle of the table.

''We want your stage to be like your first major step of your journey in this industry hence why we're going to start your slot, emotionally.'' The woman continued. She set up the projector and opened a file, showing a short clip. ''We want to show the most precious moments...''

The video started playing and it displayed all the friendships and hardships they had endured throughout the produce show. Some of the girls felt themselves tear up but managed to watch it through to the end.

''There was one friendship that really stood out from the start and until the end, I'm sure you all know who those two are.'' The woman clicked on another clip and it showed the final moment when Sakura told Chaeyeon she wanted to debut with her.

The two girls that were in the video, blushed and avoided looking at the other members because they all had teasing smirks and wide grins.

''We want Sakura and Chaeyeon to open the MAMA Japan stage with a couple choreo. Something that conveys your journey together and then reaching your goals together. We want to move the audience.'' The man said.

The two staff went on about the different parts of the three MAMA days they were to attend. Chaeyeon didn't pay attention very well after being told about how they n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter