Love Shot

Love Shot | Chanbaek

He was walking on the wet asphalt. Easy, light steps on the ground, trying his best not to make his black shoes dirty. They had cost him a fortune, but he tried his best not to make it look like he worked for it. He wanted to seem natural. Street lights illuminating the area around him, reflecting on the puddles on the ground. Vivid colors of red, lilac, yellow, green, colors fighting their road to dominance. Which one would become the most eye-catching? He knew that the lights didn’t matter. Not even in the battle, he had already won it. Looks coming from every corner of the street.

The tall man was clad in a silky rose-gold suit which complimented his mildly tan skin. His chest was slightly exposed due to the ing of the top three buttons. This didn’t face him. He was confident in himself.  The stares worked as energy to his battery. He was currently getting charged and soon enough he was ready and standing in front of a dark building, its doors lit with white lights creating an aura for the entrance. A long queue had taken place next to one of the doors, the other one being used as the exit. It was empty and not a single soul seemed to be using it. He walked over to the prescribed exit and nodded at the doorman standing in front of it. The doorman opened the door for him and let him inside. The stares from those standing in queue piercing through his back.

As he walked inside the familiar scent of sweat and sugar worked like a gradient, becoming stronger the further he walked in the building. The air was heavy and humid. In all honesty, he didn’t like it. But he needed it.

He skipped through the corridor, winking at the familiar faces and bodies he passed. The room was heavily shadowed, and faces were barely recognizable, but he didn’t mind winking at strangers. He knew that they wouldn’t mind either.

As the music got louder he could feel his body getting more into it. It was his drug. The bass was pumping intact with his heartbeat and fingertips were tapping along with the synthetic drums. He walked down the 4-step stairs and headed over to the bar, where he made himself comfortable on the soft cushion of the bar stool. His eyes locked with the bartender, his friend. He had a black jumper on with a dark purple jacket on top. His hair was in shades of brown, bronze and red and was styled back in a semi-messy style.

“What can I get for you today”

“The usual”

His friend nodded and turned his back around to grab a glass and his needed ingredients. Whilst waiting he scanned the room for any new faces but to his disappointment, nobody caught his eye. He was picky in his choices, he knew what he wanted and knew he would get it. There was no “no” in his dictionary, despite this, not once did he have to force himself on anyone. They all gladly agreed to it. It was all in his charm. He knew his ways, it was all instinct.

“Here you go”

He faced his friend and grabbed his drink, saying a low “cheers” before sipping it. The drink was strong and bitter.

“Any plans for tonight?”

“I’m not one to make plans. You know that” he winked at his friend and took another sip.

A small chuckled escaped his friends’ lips.

“If anything does happen, remember to tell me everything”

                             “and if it doesn’t work out, tell them to come to me for a free refreshment” it was his turn to wink now.

“You don’t usually have so many layers on. Are you trying something new?”

“Oh, you know, classy is my middle name”

“You don’t look quite that classy drenched in sweat”

It’s not sweat, Chanyeol”

                             “That’s my natural glow”

He shook his head.

“Don’t call me by my full name, Su-Ho” putting emphasis in his friends two syllables.

“Call me by your name and I’ll call you by mine”

“Oh, shut up”

They exchanged laughs before Suho was escorted away by a new costumer.

Chanyeol sat on the stool by himself, taking in the alcohol in smaller sips as he once again scanned the room. People were crowded in the very center of the room, their bodies blurred together as they moved to the blasting music. He was never a dancer but he has always had a flair for music. He learned to enjoy the art of synthesizers and heavy bass and loved the atmosphere it created. Everyone in the room was there for different purposes. His own was unknown to others. He wanted his heart to burn again.

He took one more sip before he headed to the floor. His awkward moves were part of his charms and he wasn’t afraid to flaunt them. Females and males were attracted to him and he himself was an excellent actor. Playing along, bodies touching. A female had caught his attention in that she was almost glued to him. They locked eyes and later lips, everything dancing in the middle of the floor. She was feeling him and let her do what he wanted. She tip-toed and whispered in his ear.

“Let’s leave”

She grabbed his hand and let himself follow her to one of the private rooms at the very back of the building. As they closed the door behind them, he let her take lead. It was all done fast and as he dressed he turned to look at her who was laying on the couch, exposed. He didn’t say a word but winked as he turned his back to her and headed back out to the bar. She was just one of many.

 

 

“Already? That was quick”

                             “Though you were capable of more Park Chanyeol”

“I told you not say my full name here” he grunted his nose in annoyance.

                             “Plus, she was the one who had an , not me”

“Dude, that just makes it even sadder”

Chanyeol realized the meaning of his words and took a larger sip of his new drink.

“Don’t smile like that”

Suho put his arms up in defense and went over to help a new costumer.

The night was uneventful and repetitive. He had fulfilled his usual task and wasn’t in the mood for anything new. So he remained seated. And did so until he was done with his drink. Having continued on his regular small sips, it added up to him being seated for a good hour or so. The speakers were still going as strong as the people and for many, the night was still young.

He grunted and leaned his upper body on the counter in front of him. Having a sturdy grip on the empty glass, he rested his head on his free arm and let the other one hang over the edge. Occasionally he would alter his position but he stayed for 30 minutes more. From the outside he looked wasted, fooling people to avoid him. But also attracting a single individual.

A body positioned next to Chanyeol and mirrored his position. Chanyeol looked to its direction, finding a face of a male not further than 20cm away from his own face. The male didn’t say a word but just continued on looking. As for Chanyeol, he was the one to copy this time. The other male had hair similar to Suho but a slimmer face with it. It looked so since half of his face was resting on his arm.

“What is your name” curiosity took its toll on Chanyeol.

“They call me Baek”

“Hello”

“Hello”

The stranger in front of him was attractive. His approach was different than what Chanyeol had ever experienced before.

“Can I buy you a drink?”

Chanyeol nodded and stretched back up, as so did the other male.

Now he noticed him. Baek was wearing similar layers to Suho. A black jumper accompanied with a pastel purple jacket.

They didn’t say a word but remained in the silence of the speakers.

A new bartender came with their drinks. Six shots, three for each of them.

“What are these called?” he asked Baek.

“It’s the Love Shot” Baek smiled and took his first cup.

“Together?”

Chanyeol nodded.

They looked each other in the eye and as reflexes of each other, took the shot likewise. The liquid burned his throat and played with his taste buds. It was overly sweet. But he liked it.

He turned his head to face Baek and sent him a smile. The alcohol was rushing in his veins. He had no idea how big of a percentage the shots had and if it was because of those or his previous drinks, but he was beginning to feel light headed and glad. Baek smiled back and moved closer to Chanyeol.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

 “What is your name?”

“They call me Chan”

“Hello”

“Hello”

The two males didn’t say much. It felt dull. There was no excitement between them, only calmness. Baek closed his eyes as Chanyeol observed him.

“Second round?” Baek’s eyes opened.

Chanyeol nodded.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

This one felt stronger than the first. A bigger burn, a sweeter taste. They both smiled at each other.

“This is too sweet” Chanyeol confessed.

And to his shock, Baek agreed.

“I just felt like ordering it” he moved a bit closer to Chanyeol.

The purple lights above them illuminated Baek’s jacket and made it glow, catching Chanyeol’s glance.

Baek closed his eyes again.

Chanyeol’s insides were beginning to burn.

“Could you look at me?”

Chanyeol turned his head to Baek who still had his eyes clothes. In a confused state, he continued on looking.

“Thank you”

 Baek opened his eyes, now 15cm from Chanyeol. He in his breath at the look of the boy. Baek’s eyes were locked onto Chanyeol’s eyes. Baek was smaller than Chanyeol, making him have to look down a bit to keep the eye contact. He felt superior. Baek looked up to him as he his lips.

“Is it still too sweet?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“Close your eyes” Baek’s voice was lower, almost in a whisper.

Chanyeol did as told and slowly closed both of his eyes. His breath was slow almost as if he had forgotten how to breathe.

“Do you want to make it sweeter?”

His vision pitch black, Chanyeol almost coughed on his breath, making it hard for him to say a word. In between breaths, he muttered out a silent “Yes”.

He could feel Baek’s presence getting closer. A hand on his lap and another on his cheek. He himself sat still, his eyes were still closed. His superiority was fading as he felt the space between the two getting smaller and smaller.

“Open your eyes”

As he did he felt Baek’s lips touch his own two lips. It was soft and gentle, like silk. Baek’s eyes were focused on Chanyeol’s lips and Chanyeol’s were looking at Baek’s. Soon enough they both closed their eyes again and began moving their lips in harmony. Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Baek’s waist, pulling him a tad bit closer than before, fully closing the space between them. Baek had stood up from his seat and was now standing between Chanyeol’s legs, as they continued. Gentle pecks, gentle bites, gentle . Everything around Chanyeol became red. His stomach was burning in passion, fuel being added as the minutes passed by.

They both pulled away, panting catching their breaths, faces still only a few centimeters from each other. Baekhyun was looking down, Chanyeol not looking away for a second. Still gasping and now smiling, Baek looked up and with his now plump lips whispered;

“Ready for the last shot?”