Cool

Flutter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been years since her debut. She’s probably the senior of all groups present. With that position, her juniors would usually just bow at her, greet her, and then leave her alone. There is a certain kind of intimidation that comes with it along with her low voice. Not to mention that she has this certain aura she exudes that scream “untouchable.”

 

Which is why Kim Yubin, former Wonder Girls member, is almost always left alone on the stage during the end of music shows. It’s already a normal occurrence for her. She doesn’t mind it but she would appreciate the company sometimes. Promoting music alone can get lonely when she’s used to having her members with her.

 

She stays somewhere in the middle of the stage of Show Champ*** while the winners were being announced. Yubin keeps on fiddling with the silver strings on her outfit since she has nothing to do. She sometimes pulls her black dress down as it’s short and keeps on riding up. She’s had shorter and ier outfits before but there’s just something about today that makes her anxious.

 

Moonbyul, on the other hand, is playing around with her members at the side of the stage – almost unseen. It’s where they usually go during the current promotions. They’d rather go home early as soon as the winner for the show was announced. She bows at the artists coming up the stage and passing them with her nonchalant expression.

 

Moonbyul is, of course, known to be quite playful and more appreciative of the girls. She would smile often at the passing girl groups and female idols. She didn’t really think much of it. It was normal for her to do – almost like an instinct and habit she could never break. It makes her popular to several girls of idol groups and it seems like female solo idols too.

 

Moonbyul has her hand on her chest, a habit probably derived from trying to make sure her clothes won’t show skin more than necessary. She bows back at a few seniors and juniors that bow at them but then Yubin flashes past her. “Ah, sunbae-nim,” Byul says with her low voice which is almost unnoticeable as she bows lower than usual. She recognizes Yubin as she is a very admired senior and is like her, a rapper as well. She has been who Moonbyul listens to other than the male rappers she has idolized.

 

It seems that Byul’s greeting was actually noticed by Yubin but as she was walking too fast to the middle of the stage, she couldn’t greet the rapper back. She knows Moonbyul. Who wouldn’t? She’s part of a very talented and popular group, Mamamoo. Yubin has heard of their songs and liked them. She hears about them from Sunmi too so she knows them better than people would expect.

 

Yubin sighs, regret setting in due to not being able to reciprocate her fellow rapper and junior’s greeting. So, she stands there staring off into space, thinking of how she could at least greet Moonbyul and Mamamoo. Unknown to her, the expression she had on was very intimidating – more so than the usual. Her juniors felt a little tense seeing it.

 

When the winner, WannaOne, was announced, the artists clapped and waited for the boys to finish their ‘thank you’ speech. Once the music for the encore stage started playing, the idols parted and made way for Yubin to pass throug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter