Take me there.

The Bride Of The Lunar God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A solar eclipse is due to take place in two days and the public is more than excited for the third and last eclipse of this year! Lets find out what you guys are doing in preparations for the lunar eclipse.."

"The Maid's Ceremony is nearing by, Selene." Sighed my aunty Kim as she switched the TV off and made her way to the kitchen; shaking her head in disappointment. "C'mon aunty Kim shouldn't you be excited for me?" Turning back to face me, she paused as she crossed her arms in disapproval and pursed her lips for a moment of silence. "No Selene. There's nothing exciting about it. If anything, I am more than worried for you. "

So for those that are confused, the Maid Ceremony is where the chosen ladies of honor will gather together for the Lunar God to finally chose his bride and the future lunar queen. One year before the lord's coming of age, he must travel around the 9 realms in search for his bride and if he takes interest in anyone, the maiden will be selected as one of his potential brides. As a sign, the chosen ones will be blessed with dreams of the lunar palace for the rest of the year until the Maid's ceremony takes place. It's kind of like...watching a trailer on repeat until the movie actually releases. In this case, since the eclipse coming up is the last one of the year, the ceremony is most likely to take place on the same day as the solar eclipse.

I must say, the idea of it makes my heart flutter, but unfortunately my aunty Kim does not believe in such romantic ideals. Instead she sees the whole lunar kingdom as a selfish cult that will "leave me with nothing" - hence her lack of enthusiasm for the Maid's Ceremony which I have been selected for. I really do wish she could support me in such times but stubbornness is such a famous trait between lunar deities, I just can't be bothered enough to blame her. 

Anyway, I began dreaming of the lunar palace for quite some time now. It's almost been a complete year and it was definitely a form of comfort during the times when I had first started seeing these dreams. Ironically, I had been though a breakup a month before I started dreaming of the palace and that month was the hardest month I had ever lived through. I remember staying up all night on the day I broke up with my ex-boyrfriend as I looked into the moon with tearful eyes wondering what was wrong with me and questioning if love was even destined for me or not -  only to fall asleep to the most beautiful dream I had ever seen.

As far as I'm aware, the legend only states that I will dream of the white palace - but I remember a soft voice calling my name in my dreams when they had first started. I am yet to know if it was the lunar lord or just my imagination but nonetheless, I still consider this as the lords grace and have accepted his sign of affection as my pillar of strength.

There was just something about his voice - it was so familiar and tranquil; as if my whole body was put at peace with even his slightest breath...

Frustratingly, not everyone has seen the lords face since he hasn't come of age yet. He tends to shape shift and go under disguise depending on where he's going. But in my recent dreams, all I can ever hear are the mischievous giggles of the lunar angels that echo throughout the walls of the palace; gushing over how charming the lord is. He has dark, silky hair with sky blue eyes. He is well built and tall with delicate hands as healing as anything could be. And of course, his smile is described to be gifted from the ultimate heavens.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter