"Change"

I Don't Like You Either
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then why don't you date me, instead?"
 

All it took were those words to completely ruin the moment.
 

 

"This is Jinyoung."

As soon as Jackson, his bestfriend,  said the guy's name, Mark already recognized the raven haired. Park Jinyoung. The guy Jackson met since him and his family left Seoul.

Mark expected a handshake but the guy (who is dressed a little bit more formal than needed, with that black trench coat and grey turtle neck sweatshirt) just nodded his head so, yeah, maybe that is how they greet people in Busan. This Jinyoung only stayed silent as his bestfriend chatted animatedly about how four years in Busan went.

Mark had his fair share when it comes to dating. And no, he doesn't just date anyone. But this guy has something. Maybe it's those deep set brown eyes which seem to judge him in everything he does, or when it wrinkles everytime the latter laughs at something that Jackson says.

Jinyoung is good looking. Probably why Jackson didn't stop talking about him over the phone, or whenever the two of them exchanged emails. Mark is aware of the chinese's feelings. And those two have known each other for a long time now.

So Mark just felt like asking it.

"Why don't you two just date each other?" he mindlessly asked.

Jackson eyed him, almost pleading for him to take his question back but Mark just shrugged and stared at this Jinyoung guy.

"We're just friends." the guy casually answered.

Mark saw how Jackson winced at the answer which got him pissed but he doesn't know why he exactly asked the next question.
 

 

"Excuse me?" and now Jinyoung has his eyes on him.

Mark's cheeks feel like they are burning right now but, no, he won't back down.

So he just raised his chin and maintained his composure. "Just asking." he looked at the latter through his lashes. "You are single, right?"

Jinyoung cocked his head as his tongue flicked making a sound. "Yeah I am but that doesn't mean I will go and just date anyone."

Before he could even protest, the guy continued. "Sorry, but I am not interested."

Mark's mouth almost fell open if not for Jackson kicking his foot. He just made face at his bestfriend though Mark knows how guilty he is, and how guilty he should be.

 

=☆=☆=【】=☆=☆=

 

"You shouldn't have said that."

Jackson said as soon as they were out of the restaurant.

"Which one? About you two dating or asking him to date me?"

"Both!" the chinese grunted.

Mark rolled his eyes. "Chill, Jackson. I am just gathering information. You know, if he is homophobic or something."

He saw how Jackson was about to answer when someone suddenly spoke from behind him.

"You can just ask me personally instead of talking about it behind my back."

Gulp.

Mark tried to hide his nervousness and turned to the guy. "Well..." well, what Mark? "I was--" but Jinyoung cut him off.

"I need to go now, Seunnie." He calls Jackson 'Seunnie'? "I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Take care, okay?"

He watched as Jinyoung patted Jackson's head as he waved goodbye.

So okay. Not letting him finish is rude. And really? No "take care" for him?

"I don't really know him, but I already hate him." and Jackson just laughed at what he said which made Mark grunt. "You lied to me. You said all sorts of good things about him but honestly, I can't even find one."

Well aside from his face. Because that guy definitely looks good.

Jackson smiled his happy squirtle-like smile as he touched Mark's shoulders.

"Well looks like you need to find a way to be cool with him since you're going to see him for a long time."

 

=☆=☆=【】=☆=☆=

 

How Mark wished Jackson was just kidding. 

But when he saw the Chinese in school, walking his way towards him with that said guy Mark would rather not say the name, that's when he knew Jackson was not.

Jackson is serious.

And he is even more serious about Mark needing to find a way to be cool with Jinyoung. Because the three of them are officially eating lunch together, Jackson's rule. And apparently, much to his wanting.

"I think the two of you should talk it out." 

And yes, Jackson is pertaining to what happened last night. About the homophobic thingy...

"I was just curious. You know me." Mark tried insisting but Jackson doesn't look like he is happy.

"But Jinyoung doesn't. So you should say sorry."

Really? Can't the lecture be done elsewhere and not in front of this raven haired guy?

Jinyoung is just sitting there, eating his lunch but Mark knows he is waiting for his apology. Urg.

 

"Okay. I am sorry."

This made Jinyoung look up, and upon seeing that look on his face, Mark could hear himself saying I told you so.

"That's okay. I would just appreciate it more if you stop talking about me behind my back."

Is this how he's gonna be? Well, two can play snarky.

"Well next time, avoid turning your back, so I can say anything that I want to say right in front of your face."

"Okay. You need to stop. Apology given and accepted, so we're cool."

Maybe it is a good thing Jackson is here.

 

=☆=☆=【】=☆=☆=

 

"So the two of you are together again?"

Jackson asked while they were spending the afternoon at the chinese's house for their weekly group review.

The three of them (and that includes Jinyoung) have been doing this weekly for months now. Jinyoung is really smart and Mark appreciates him for that, if only he would let him have his peace without reacting negatively when Mark gives wrong answers. He should understand that he is nowhere near the guy's level. But at least he is trying!

Mark looked at Jackson and shook his head. His bestfriend is asking about Taehyung. Mark's ex. 

 

They were together all through out highschool but broke up because they wanted different things. Maybe because it was a given that they were still both immature. 

Mark loved him. . . . . he thinks. Why else would he be crying after their break up? Sure, Mark's been in two or three relationships after that but, he wasn't even sure how those went. Mark just kind of jumped in, and got out. 

After seeing Taehhyung, that time, the younger asked to have a talk with him. There were a couple of sorry's and I miss you's. And before Mark knew it, Taehyung already was holding his hand as Mark held his too. 

 

"Then what are you?"

Mark just shrugged. "We are just talking things out, and trying to see where it would take us." his voice filled with uncertainty.

That's when he heard him coughed. Jinyoung. It's more of a huffing sound. The kind one makes when he finds something incredulously funny.

"That is a stupid idea."

Jinyoung is still reading. He has his glasses on. Mark shooed that tiny voice in his head saying how good Jinyoung looks, and just rolled his eyes.

"You should just shut up and focus on Chemistry since you know more about it than you know about love."

But instead, Jinyoung put down his book and sent a piercing stare to him. 

"And you know better?" Jinyoung asked while looking at Mark's eyes like he's studying every bit of his expression. "Let me ask you again, Mark.  Do you really know what it means to love someone?"

 

=☆=☆=【】=☆=☆=

 

Gue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter