the sorting ceremony.

moonstruck.

Seulgi's monolid eyes wandered around — studying the interior of the old castle which would be her home for next seven years. After receiving the letter of acceptance — delivered by a grey owl, Seulgi couldn't contain her excitement to go to the well-known Hogwarts. She grew up with the story of Hogwarts as her tale before sleep. How proud her Mother told her about her witch years in Hogwarts — long before she met Seulgi's Father, a muggle. Yes, Seulgi was a half-blood, and the first witch after her Mother in Kang's bloodline. Her older brother didn't receive her Mother's witch gene, but Seulgi had it instead.

Seulgi stopped her walk as the new student group had to wait for the instruction. They were waiting in front of the Great Hall's closed door, waiting for Professor McGonagall's further order. Seulgi's eyes never rest — glanced here and there, curiosity flashed in her dark brown orbs. Made her a little lost as someone pushed her from behind.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Seulgi and the young male next to her turned around, trying to find the culprit who accidentally pushed them. "Eh—are you twins?" asked the young girl who had honey blonde hair. She was the one who apologized for accidentally pushed Seulgi and the young male next to her.

Seulgi frowned, because she didn't have a twin. "Who—"

But her words quickly interrupted by the young male's clarifications. "We're not." Seulgi looked at the young male who stood next to her, her eyes then slightly widened as she found the reason why the young girl mistaken them as twins. She found her monolid eyes on his visage, only differentiated by a small constellation above his left eyelid — two beautiful moles.

Seulgi blinked her eyes, suddenly feeling nervous when her gaze met with his. How stoic and stern his gaze was on her. She couldn't really read his intentions but there was something about him that intrigued her, was it because his chic demeanor? But thank God, it quickly ended as Professor McGonagall's voice came in background — instructed the first year to finally enter the Great Hall. Seulgi watched him entered the Great Hall, leaving her two steps behind him as she tried to compose her mind.

"Once again, I'm really sorry." she heard the honey blonde girl whispered, steps mirrored hers as they ended walking side to side together.

"It's okay." Seulgi flashed a small smile, small but genuine one. She didn't really think the young girl was bothering her, but maybe it'd be a different case to the other person.

"I'm Wendy." that young girl finally introduced herself, extending one of her small hands to her to shake. Seulgi grabbed it before lightly shook it, smiling softly as she mentioned her name.

"Seulgi." 

"Nice to meet you, Seulgi."

 

The Sorting Ceremony had started, the new students who still in their black robe — without identity — will be called according surnames alphabetical order. Seulgi could sense Wendy's nervousness, that girl started biting her thumb's nail when she asked. "Which house do you like to get sorted into?"

Seulgi blinked, tried to play her memory about the four houses in Hogwarts according to her Mom's story. Her Mom was a brilliant and proud Ravenclaw. But she wouldn't mind if Seulgi would be sorting into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff — or even Slytherin. "Hmm.. I don't know. I guess I'd be fine with anything." she answered along with a cool shrug. The Hall suddenly full of whispers when a name being called.

"Im, Jaebum."

Seulgi and Wendy diverted their gaze to the owner of the name, wondering who would cause such a noise. Wendy's eyes widened when she found the young male who she mistook as Seulgi's twin — sat on the stool and wearing the Sorting Hat. His face remained flat and unamused, as in he wasn't even want to be here at all.

"Hey that's your twin!" Seulgi's nose scrunched, brows curled forming a small frown upon hearing Wendy's remark.

"Wendy, he's not—" she was about to protest her, clarifying the fact that she didn't have a twin when the Sorting Hat announced the young male's house.

“Slytherin!”

And everyone gasped, well — maybe a bit surprised because he was the first Slytherin tonight. A few students who had sorted before him were sorted into Gryffindor mostly. Seulgi knew the reputation of Slytherin — cunning, pure-blood ambition, and thirst of power. And she definitely didn't belong to that dark green and silvered house, at least that was how she thought.

Seulgi watched the young boy joined the Slytherin table without much excitement. Was he expecting this? She couldn't help but wondered. And again, she easily lost in her thoughts 'till Professor McGonagall called her name.

"Kang, Seulgi." Seulgi jolted, eyes widened as she realized that now was her turn. She walked to the stool sheepishly before sat on it and let Professor McGonagall put the Sorting Hat on her head. She could hear her heartbeat — beating rapidly as nervousness slowly took over. She didn't know that she was holding her breathe 'till the Sorting Hat announced her house.

"Hufflepuff!"

Seulgi breathed in relief, walking to Hufflepuff table with a timid smile and steps as the older students greeted her warmly. She felt home already. Her gaze then accidentally met Jaebum's who sat with both arms crossed upon his chest on the Slytherin table. They were holding their stares for a few seconds before Jaebum pulled back first, rolling his eyes like he was offended or something. Hey, what was that?