prologue

carry me home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"lisa stop, please, i.. i can't"

 

lisa ignores her and continues running, intertwining her fingers together around the older girl's small ones even tighter. 

 

 

 

they were running. jennie doesnt remember for how long, but the sound of horses from behind them was enough to convince her not to stop. her legs were starting to grow weak, she wasn't used to this much physical activity. princesses rarely run for their lives after all. 

 

 

"we can't."

 

 

"lisa." she says again and this time her tone is enough to get the blonde one to slow down. "-just hand me over to them, please."

 

 

 

lisa looks away and continues running, jennie can barely keep up now, her fatigue growing. 

 

"we're so close, i just need to get you to the border."

 

 

"they'll kill you." she says in desperation. lisa doesn't look back.

 

"LOOK AT ME DAMNIT."

 

jennie halts to a stop, almost causing lisa to stumble forward. the blonde looks at her like she could cry. 

 

 

"jennie please, just this once do as i say."

 

jennie nods her head, looking like she knew they had lost. 

 

"i can't do that."

 

"i thought you wanted this, i thought you wanted to be done with this whole royal thing forever."

 

 

"not at the expense of losing you."

 

"you wont lose me."

 

jennie looks behind her, watching the approaching figures on horsebackin the distance get closer and closer, than turns back at lisa, who's doe eyes were heavy with uncertainty.

 

"i will."

 

"now is not the time jen we need to move!" lisa tugs at her hand but jennie stands her ground. there are tears welling in lisa's eyes as she tugs over and over, each attempt weaker than the last. 

 

 

"why are you doing this?" she asks in desperation. jennie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter