Cute Peach-Tomato, Final

Cute Peach-Tomato

Jaehyun stood at the edge of the Titanic, tightly grasping the railing. He took deep breaths, taking big gulps of air. He wondered how the water would feel the moment he makes contact with it. He wondered the pain that would come after the impact. His mind was filled with those thoughts as he unconsciously went over the railing, his hands behind him holding for dear life. Or is it really dear?

He looked down at the dark water. He felt the hairs at the back of his neck stand on its end just imagining how cold the water might be. He lingered more on his mind, contemplating things that he didn't notice a person cautiously making way towards him.

"Hey, it's okay--whatever it is, I'm here for you," a voice cut through the air, dangerously close to his left ear that he immediately whipped his head back to look at the intruder.

"Stay back!"

The person retracted immediately, holding up his hands. "Easy there."

"I know what I'm doing! So... So you better stay back... Because I will really jump! Do you understand?"

The stranger just put his hands on his pockets and whistled lowly. Taking baby steps to Jaehyun. 

"You know, a young man dressed so fancy and hanging off at the back of the Ship of Dreams does not paint a lovely picture," he says, standing directly beside Jaehyun and looking down at the water.

Jaehyun also looked down before turning so quick that his left foot slipped. But the stranger hurriedly attached his arms to Jaehyun's torso and pulled him back safely on the boat. They ended up sprawled on the floor, with Jaehyun atop the stranger.

Jaehyun opened his eyes slowly and his breath hitched when he noticed their close proximity. He now realizes how handsome the stranger is. Almost otherworldly. His eyes mirror the galaxy, so vast and unexplored.

A minute passed. And then another before a voice pierced through the air.

"Uh, do you mind me asking you to perhaps stand up now?" The handsome stranger suddenly opened his mouth to say something and Jaehyun just blindly followed the curves and movements of his mouth, briefly wondering how it would feel putting his own lips to the stranger's before abruptly shaking those thoughts away and quickly standing to his feet, dusting imaginary dusts off his pristine suit.

The stranger also stands, fixed his hair and put out a hand. Jaehyun only foolishly looks at it, unconsciously tilting his head a bit.

He only looked up when he heard laughter and frowned. "What's funny?"

"It's Taeyong. Lee Taeyong."

"Lee Taeyong..." Jaehyun heard himself say before quickly bringing his hand up to cover his mouth. He didn't mean it, just that the stranger--Lee Taeyong's name sounded so... Exotic and thrilling and beautiful and he had to feel how it would roll off his tongue.

Taeyong began to pull back his hand when Jaehyun impulsively pulled his hand with both his and shook them rather violently.

"Jung Jaehyun! And! And I..."

Taeyong just grinned, amused.

"And...?"

"And I thank you for stopping me back there... I needed it."

Taeyong only chuckled and placed his other hand atop their still shaking hands and gently put it to a stop.

"Jung Jaehyun, huh. Sounds fancy... And beautiful. Suits the owner."

Jaehyun was stunned. He could not take his eyes away from Taeyong's. Was his hearing alright? Did his ears took in too much air while he was hanging off the ship? Did this guy just indirectly told him he was beautiful? He could feel warmth spread in his cheeks, at the tip of his ears and at the back of his neck.

"I-I... Um, no. I mean, I mean--" he cleared his throat. "Thank you. I love yours too."

Jaehyun only heard his gasp and Taeyong's beautiful laughter resonate in the air. Him and his impulsive, big mouth.

"Thanks. Didn't expect to be complimented by someone especially someone of high status. Appreciate it, though," Taeyong says with a lopsided smile.

Jaehyun swears his heart stopped beating and his mind short circuited. He swears he'll faint any moment now, and he also swears all of his blood went to his face making him look like a--

"Cute peach-tomato."

That snapped Jaehyun back to his senses. "Excuse me, a what?"

Taeyong chuckled once again. "You should really pay attention when people are talking to you. I said, you looked like a cute peach-tomato. In other words, your face is too cute and too red."

Although it was a rather lame nickname, it did not stop Jaehyun's hands from flying to his face and cowering away from Taeyong's piercing gaze. First beautiful, now cute.

"Stop."

"Stop what?"

Jaehyun sighs. "Your words... I feel like any more of your words and gazes I will melt into a pool of nerves."

Silence.

Jaehyun risked a small peek behind his hands and almost flinched away when he feels Taeyong's fingers find their way to his hands to pull them away from his face.

Taeyong holds his hands between them and takes a longer look at Jaehyun's still red face before speaking.

"You shouldn't cover something so beautiful, you know. The world deserves to have a look at this face the angels helped carve."

And that was it. Jaehyun's arrived at his peak.

He felt himself lose all senses and fainted into a sturdy chest and a pair of strong arms.

 

•••

 

Owari!