Sharing a Bed

TaeTen Oneshots

Taeyong knew.

Taeyong knew he messed up big time.

There was no excuse for his behavior, though.

All of NCT will be going to Japan for the SMTown concert and they had to practice all of their routines again.

But leader Taeyong wanted it to be perfect. Leader Taeyong wanted to show Japan (and perhaps the world) what NCT as a whole group can do, what talent they possess, what show they could offer.

Leader Taeyong wanted it to be so perfect that he personally looked over each unit's performance - eyes sharp, body not resting, mind over analyzing each move.

Leader Taeyong wanted everything to be so perfect so he willed himself to shut all distractions out and focus on him and his teammates practices instead.

Including his boyfriend Ten.

You see, Ten had been just a tiny bit upset that they couldn't perform their duet.

Ten was mostly quiet when they were in their company's proximity. But Ten had been, as Taeyong would put it, "whiny" about it in the confines of their dorm room.

But Ten has set that aside after long hours of talk and comfort from Taeyong and all the boy wanted to do was support his boyfriend.

Ten, as loving and caring as he can be, sensed his boyfriend's tense posture at that time. He swore he could feel Teayong's stress radiating to him and that set off alarms in Ten's radar.

All Ten wanted to do was to comfort Taeyong, be there for him, ease the steam off a bit.

 

But Taeyong had pushed him away.

Taeyong didn't want any of it. All that he wanted was simply a perfect performance for NCT.

And so, one night when Ten had interrupted Taeyong while watching over the Dreamies practice, he more than pushed Ten away.

Taeyong remembered snapping at Ten in front of everyone, not realizing how loud his voice has become.

Taeyong remembered the horrored (and possibly hurt) look on Ten's eyes before he turned around and shoved the plastic bag Ten handed to him to their manager and stormed out.

Taeyong learned from Kun later on that it was food prepared by Ten himself.

Taeyong knew there was no excuse for his behavior and after a day of no communication at all from his boyfriend, he knew he needed to get himself together and do something before it's too late.

But everyone knew about their fight. It wasn't a secret even to their managers who put an effort to put their names in the same set so they couldn't pick each other as roommates.

They had filmed that bit and it was easier to smile now in front of cameras despite all the turmoil he feels. But Taeyong wasn't happy that the people around him had to go such lengths.

He must have truly hurt Ten and everyone knew it. Everyone saw it.

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ten woke up to the feeling of arms sliding on his stomach, pulling him closer to a hug. He didn't want to let the other person know he's up yet but couldn't help stretching his limbs as a reflex from waking up.

"Good morning. Did I wake you?"

Ten froze. It wasn't the voice he was expecting.

It was quiet for a while and Ten wanted to choke on the silence until he felt Taeyong's head buried on his neck.

He heard his boyfriend saying a muffled sorry and when he didn't answer, Taeyong finally lifted his haid and said it clearer this time.

"T-tennie... Baby.. I-I'm sorry"

Was Taeyong crying?

Ten sighed and turned his body around so he can face his boyfriend.

Tears were already pooling in Taeyongs eyes and before Ten's hand could reach his cheek, a drop has already fallen.

"I'm sorry," Taeyong repeated. "I didn't mean to be harsh to you. I shouldn't have"

Ten shook his head tried to hush him but it didn't stop the boy.

"I shouldn't have taken it too far.. with everyone too. I didn't realize all my mistake until you stopped talking to me and you wouldn't take my calls."

"Ssh, it's alright now. I know you didn't mean it Yongie."

"But you got hurt the most and I hate myself for it!"

"Hush~ don't you ever say that! I love you, okay? I just want you to take care of yourself too. And I'm sure everyone understands why you were that way."

"I know, I've apologized to them."

Ten turned his back again and before Taeyong could even start to panic, he pulled his boyfriend's hand so they can spoon again.

"I love you," Taeyong whispered.

"I know." Ten knows and it's the most wonderful feeling in the world, knowing he is loved by this man. "I love you too."

Ten could feel Taeyong smile against his neck.

"Now stop moping and cuddle me to make up for it."

"Mmm."

"How did you bribe Donghyuck away anyway?"

"Told him I'd cook whatever he wanted for a week"

"You spoil him too much."

And as simple as that, they were back to the way they were - to being T and T who loved each other, forgiving and understanding that despite all the arguments they could have or fights they would encounter, they will always have and love each other for better or for worse.

Because while they were there sharing a bed in Osaka, basked in Taeyong's arms, Ten felt safe.

Ten felt loved.

Ten felt at home.

And Ten wouldn't trade it for the world.