Mirror..Mirror..

Two Stars

Girl POV:

I keep looking at my face in the mirror, then smiling. I realized that my face really like a new face when I’m smiling. I’ll have cold aura around me if I’m not smiling but it will change when I’m smiling.

“Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the prettiest girl in this world?,” I asked then grinning,

“Are you crazy?,”someone asked me, she is my manager, “you said you hate facing a mirror but you are doing what you hate now,” she said. I ever told her that I don’t really like mirror, just because if I’m looking at my own face, I’ll suddenly remember someone, someone who look like me,

“I just want to try it,” I said then left the room, that mirror is the only mirror in my house, there is no other than that.

I’m an actress, ah..a singer-actress, Bae Joohyun. But since this year I’m not that active as a singer because I keep get drama project. There is a reason why I choosed to be a singer-actress. I just want someone find me, someone who leave me 10 years ago, I want her to  comeback to me. If I often come out on TV, she’ll know that I’m still alive, that..her mirror still the same. It’s already my fourth year as singer-actress, but there is no response from her, sometime I have thought that maybe just maybe, she isn’t in Korea right now..or the worst possibility she is dead now, but I want to get rid that kind of thought, I believe she is somewhere, here in Korea, but she still hate me and don’t want to meet me.

Because there is no schedule for today,  the CEO of my agency want to meet me, he said that there is something he want to discuss,

“I’ll get a bodyguard for you,” he said when I’m ready to hear what he want to discuss with me.

“It’s not like a discussion, you just decided it yourself.”  Lately there is strange person who keep following me, I don’t know who is she/he. The agency staff have speculation that he/she is my stalker, but I’m not that famous, why stalker so sudden.

“I just want you to keep safe, you are a rising star now,” CEO said. Saying something like that, making me feel embarrassed, what kind of rising star?.

“I’m fine, just tell manager unnie to live with me, it’ll be fine,” I want to assure the CEO,

“But you still need one, someone who know how to fight, you don’t know how to fight, right?,” he asked, I’m nodding.

“Then..let me know him first, I’m just afraid someone new will come to my house and staying close to me,” I  said.

*

While in shooting field, someone keep practicing, there is a girl there with him. When he get nice score, the girl will applaud him,

“Good job,” she said.

“I must do a good job, my job need this talent,” he said, he is working as a bodyguard, he ever become bodyguard of important people in this country.

“But, I’m better than you,” she said, she is a trainer here, and his girlfriend, “let’s have lunch, near here there is a naengmyun restaurant, the best one. I’ll treat you because today you did a good job,” she said then smiling to him, he is smile back to her.

While eating their lunch, the boyfriend looking at the TV, there is an entertainment news that reported about a rising star, Bae Joohyun who will star in her new drama next month. Then he is looking at his girlfriend and looking back at the TV, then he ask her,

“Your face really resemble her,” he said, “it’s like both of you are twin,” then she is looking at him, it’s like she is mad, “am I wrong for saying that?, then sorry,” he said then continue eating.

“I never had twins, so stop saying that,” she said, then drink her water.

“Okay, sorry,” he said then smiling, begging her to smile back.

On their way back, there is phone call from his company,

“Yes, sunbae,” he said after picking up the call.

“For tomorrow schedule, Min will be the one who come, you have another schedule,” he said.

“Another one?, what is that?,” he asked.

“Meeting the star,” his sunbae said then end the call. He is looking at his girlfriend who keep starring at a poster where that actress who he said resemble her just now, “are you realizing it now that she resemble you?,” he asked while walking closer to her, then she is looking at him,

“It’s not like that, Kim Taehyung-ssi,” she said then leave him, he is smiling.

“Then why are you starring at her poster like that, Siyeon-ssi?,” he asked.

“Just..she is pretty,” she said then grinning, “what was the call?.”

“Sunbae changing my schedule for tomorrow for another schedule,” he said then grabbing her hand.

“What kind of schedule?,” while looking at him.

“He said I’ll meet a star, maybe he’ll drive me to the sky to meet the star,” he is joking, his girlfriend look speechless by his joke, “the other one that get canceled is as a third generation chaebol bodyguard. He’ll having his 25th birthday tomorrow,” he explained it to her.

“Meeting star is better then, you can flirting with a pretty girl,” she said.

“Who said that I’ll meet a pretty girl?, it can be a handsome boy too, right?,” he is teasing his easly jealous girlfriend, “why am I flirting with another girl when I’m having one here,” he said then hug her.

“It’s public place Kim Taehyung-ssi,” then pushing his body. “That’s great then,” she said while walking away from him.   

“Siyeon-ah,” he’s calling her then he runs to her, “let’s walking around again.”

“I should comeback now, my student will come in 10 minutes,” she said then kiss his cheek, “see you,” while waving her hand.

Siyeon come to a café nearby, she lied to her boyfriend that her student come, she doesn’t go to the practice field but meeting someone there, someone who give her a black bag,

“Come there with this, an hour before the target come,” he said, “if you succesed the mission, I’ll transfer it to you right away,” he said then leave her like that.  

“It has been long time,” she said then drink her coffee.

After meeting that certain someone, Siyeon keep practicing, she is shooting the target, mostly she get nice shoot,

“I know that you are looking for me, but if you know what I have been doing you’ll be surprised, ” she said after drink then continue practicing.

*

This morning, Joohyun looking at the mirror again before starting her day, her only mirror in her house. Then starting talking to the mirror,

“Mirror mirror on the wall, do you know where is she?,” she asked, “I dreamed about her last night, is it a a sign that I’ll meet her again?,” she asked the mirror again. Her manager come in then shaking her head,

“You aren’t the most beautiful woman in this world,” she said teasing her, “our princess, your schedule for today is a photoshoot for drama poster, then meeting your new bodyguard,” she said while giving Joohyun her vitamin,

“Ahh..bodyguard, he’ll come here, right?,” she asked back, then drink her vitamin.

“Hmm, they’ll come here,” she said, “the owner of the agency is my friend.”

“Your friend?, he must be rich then. So,  I can trust him, right?,” she asked.

“Hmm, you can trust him.”

After her schedule for today end, she is getting ready to welcoming her new bodyguard, she is making something for her guest,

“Just, order something, no need to cook,” her manager said while helping her cutting vegetable.

“It’s okay, it’s just a simple dinner,” she said. After cooking without putting make up she come to open the door, her new bodyguard come with her CEO,

“I said that we’ll meet new person, why are you not putting any make up?,” he asked after looking at Joohyun’s bareface,

“In the future, he’ll be the one who’ll see my bareface often,” she said then bowing to the new person, “hello, I’m Joohyun, Bae Joohyun, let’s come in,” she said both bodyguard who come bowing to her too, she want them to sit in the dining room where she prepared food, “let’s eat first?,” she said then sitting first, the other follow her,

“What are you doing Joohyun-ah?,” her CEO asked, “we’ll have discussion, not a dinner,” he looked upset.

“I can tell that you hungry, let’s eat first, after that let’s have discussion, ” Joohyun said then smiling she then let them eat.

“You are really good at cooking,” one of them said, Joohyun smiling, “ah..I’ll introduce myself first, in the agency they call me the boss, Jin,” he said, Joohyun smiling once again, “then he is my junior who I trust the most, his ID name is V,” he introduce the one who will become Joohyun’s new bodyguard.

“V?, just a V?,” she asked while making V sign with her fingers.

“Yes,” the guy who keep silent all this time finally starting to talk, “just V, that’s my ID name.” Joohyun nodding her head,

“Then I should make one, my ID,” she suddenly said, her manager come in with another food,

“Don’t do something like that,” she said, Jin waving his hand to her.

“Ah, he is your friend?,” she asked, her manager nodding, “she told me that the owner of the agency is her friend,” then continue eating.

V keep looking at Joohyun, the star who resemble his girlfriend then he got caught by Joohyun,

“Why are you looking at me like that?,” she asked.

“Ah, it’s just you make me remember someone,” he said, suddenly Jin pinchs his arm, V looking at him.

“Were you flirting?, ” he asked.

“Remember someone?, who?,” Joohyun asked.

“Just, someone,” he said then lowering his head, “I’m sorry.” Joohyun smiling,

“It must be your girlfriend then…you look so shy when you answer my question.”

After eating they sign a contract,  contract where both party must obey. Joohyun looking at the contract once again then giving it to Jin,

“From now on..please take care of me,” she said, “ah…you’ll stay in first floor, and I’ll be in second floor with manager unnie,” she said, V nodding.

“I’ll star working from tomorrow, let’s get along well,” he said then bowing, both Jin and V leaving the house. Not long after that, Jin’s phone ringing,

“Why?,” he asked after picking up the call, “what?, there is a sniper?, Min?, what are you talking about?, agen?, let’s talk in office,” he said then runs to the car, V following him,

“Sniper?, Min?, ahh..I had bad feeling about it,” he said, afer arrived at their office, V runs to treatment room while Jin runs to meeting room,

“What happened?,” V asked his friend who was with Min doing tonight’s job, “how is he now?,” he asked.

“He got shoot in his arm, not that serious, but I think he won’t be able to do his job for a week,” he said, V lowering his head, “it’s the professional one, the bullet come from a higher place, and there is only one building that higher than that hotel,” he said,

“Around that hotel only one building that higher than it?, okay…, don’t worry, I’ll get that sniper,” then leave them to meet Jin,  “boss,” he said, then looking at the big monitor where someone explaining how did this happen, “then that’s building,” he said while pointing at the higher building it’s next to the hotel, “I’ll check the CCTV around the building then,” when he is about to leave,

“V, we’ll finish this, you’ll start your new job tomorrow, so prepare for it. Don’t worry, he’ll be fine,” he said while tapping V’s back.

While Siyeon keep looking at big poster next to bus stop, she’s bringing the same bag she got yesterday, then she is looking at the mirror that she brought then trying to smile,

“Mirror..mirror, am I pretty?,” she asked then looking at the big poster once again, “you have got a lot of money, with that kind of job. I just get a lot of money too..with my extreme job, don’t worry about me.., I’ll be fine without you, I’m really fine without you,” then standing closer to the big poster, “you know what, someday, I want you to be my next target, so get your bodyguard who will keep you safe,” she said then take the bus that just stop.