final

169
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘how tall are you?’

‘169’

‘wow... just like tzuyu’, chaeyoung mumbles, thinking no one would hear. unfortunately, her equally short, equally playful and equally nosy friend seated beside her gives chaeyoung a knowing look as if to say, ‘we’ll talk about this later’, with that smug smile attached to her face that chaeyoung desperately wants to wipe off. chaeyoung thinks yeri could be a little more subtle, especially on broadcast, but it seems like there was a long day ahead and chaeyoung just decides to signal back an ‘whatever’, all the while rolling her eyes. 

 

when chaeyoung and yeri finally get some alone time as they make their way to dinner, the latter doesn’t waste her time and asks the bogging question that’s been on her mind ever since the slip-up. 

‘so’, yeri starts. ‘how has it been? you know, between the two of you?’

‘same old us‘ chaeyoung replies and yeri can sense her sadness just seeping through those three said words. even so, she couldn’t hold in her laughter and just cracks up at the sight of the rapper pouting back at her. chaeyoung starts whining at yeri to stop and eventually just gives up, seeing as how yeri just laughs even more. 

‘i’m sorry, but what happened to the chaeyoung that would ask for iu’s phone number bravely?’ yeri asks after she has calmed down, ‘what happened to that confidence, huh?’

‘you think i know? it’s just.. different with tzuyu’ chaeyoung ponders, ‘it’s not the same when there’s feelings and emotions and actual consequences. i don’t want to end up ruining whatever we have now but at the same time when i look at her, it’s like i know in my gut feeling she’s the answer to all the questions in life and i just can’t help but get scared when the right timing comes. it’s like the words just won’t come out right’. as chaeyoung finishes, they arrive at the restaurant — vintage-like, simple and quiet. tzuyu would like this place, chaeyoung mentally notes. 

‘you are so whipped for her’ yeri merely says, ‘how do you know she doesn’t feel the same way?’

‘i don’t’

yeri just mentally facepalms at this as they sit down on their table, sending chaeyoung her l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter