Definition

THE BF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noona.” Daesung walked me to my car and gave me a hug. Then he stepped back and gave a salute. I did the same. Then he inclined his head for me to go and ride the car already.  I just gave him a chuckle and went in.

“Be healthy, neh? Call me when you need anything.” I waved through my open window.

“Neh. Have a safe drive back.” He waved.

“Ready?” I was startled.

“Ommo!” I clumsily reacted.

“Careful. You'll hit your head.” He tugged me.

“You didn't tell me anything?” I look over at Jjangmae. Of course. He often knows anyway. I question his loyalty sometimes. To me or to Jiyong.

“What are you doing here?” I finally faced him properly.

“Picking up my girl, what else?” Private Kwon Jiyong of the White Skull always have surprises. And my man looks so good. He is filling up well. Not just with muscles but fat as well. He had been eating regularly and sleeping regularly. His face is bright and so is his smile. Stress was less.

 

 

Dami unnie calling…

“Why could she be calling?” I looked at Hong with worry filled eyes.

“U..unnie?” Tears already forming as I answered the call.

“Oh, is it a bad timing? Jiyong's waking up from recovery. Want to talk to him? Oh! Could you?” She softly asked and a sigh of relief escaped me.

“You scared me. But thank you. I can talk.”

“I’m not doing this for free.” She laughed.

“I already bought something for you.” I chuckled. I almost with a can of Swiss air as a joke. But it's stuffed in a bag somewhere.
“Good.” Then she laughed. “Oh. Wait. He's up.”

“Jiyong?” I heard her speak, there was a groan for a reply. “I’ve got a surprise for you.” I heard her say and the camera moved fast and stopped on his face.

His face. He looked like a grumpy kid woken up against his will. A quick image of a future son, grumpy for school hit me. That was nice.

“Am I dead?” He slurred, eyebrows knitted.

“Stop that.” I scolded him.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Dami asked.

“Hell? But this angel….” He lifted a finger, pointed at me with so much effort and it fell back down.

“Oh god. I think I made a mistake. This cheesiness.” Dami grumbled.

“Noona. Stop moving. The angel might fly away.” He glared pass the phone.

“Aigoo. Jiyong.” I laughed.

“SHE KNOWS MY NAME!!!!” I giggled some more. Is he being playful?

“Pabo. I'm sorry I'm not there.” I spoke.

“Where you at?” He asked in english.

“I’m in Switzerland..” Remember? But he cut me off.

“Switzerland? I don’t know how far that is but if you wait for me I'll get you.”

“Silly. How are you feeling?” I’m guilty.

“Lonely without you here. How fast can an angel fly? Maybe I can convince  you to fly to me instead?” He wiggled his brows.

“Mianhe. I said yes and then they set a schedule all was fine but then you set a schedule. I told you I would cancel. But you told me don't.” I am growing irked. I have been worrying over him and here he is putting guilt on my shoulder. He knows how I feel. How worried I can be. How it would be harder for me to leave him at the hospital or even send him back to the camp. I would have stayed if he told me so. I was going to. But he has been encouraging me to do things this year. I'm lost and confused if I'm making the right decisions.

“Whoa. Okay. I can’t charm you to come to me. Then I’ll go to Switzerland and when I get to you, I'm gonna make you my girl.” He's keeping the mood light so I sighed.

“I’m already your girl!” I raised a brow at him.

“You are?” He smiled goofily.

“Dara, he had a general anesthesia. Just a reminder to be patient with this child.” I can hear Dami laughing. Oh. Anesthesia.

“I'm a man! Not a kid.” He protested.

“I’ll see you when I get back.” I gave him a smile.

“We’re getting married?”

“Maybe?” I teased.

“I would love that. Spend the rest of my life with you. This is what they call love at first sight?” He said sincerely. “I want to hold you. To know you're real.” He said fighting his falling eyes. “You’re cruel if this isn't real. I'll hate you for making the woman of my dreams unattainable because she's just some special effects.” He glared at Dami unnie. But I can't help but giggle how cute he was struggling.

“Our beloved Kwon son, she's even prettier in person and in her heart.” Dami responded.

“Really?” He perked a little as much as the medication is letting him.

“They were your words. That’s how you describe her every time before you introduced her to us. And we heard a lot of it.” Dami said playfully flicking his forehead.

“Rest Jiyong, you need to rest now.” I said as he kept on fighting to be awake.

“I don't want to lose you….” You won't. I wanted to say. “Anesthesia makes you sappy. She already told you she'll see you when she get back. Sleep.” Dami unnie intervened.

“Don’t worry Dara. The surgery went well. I didn't expect he'd still be loopy from his general anesthesia. It will wear off soon. He'll have to stay a few more days in the hospital. And as usual the media already up clawing in.” She sighed.

“I wish I was there to help.”

“You would be more damage than help. No offense but if news of you 2 goes public, Jiyong would just stress over it above his recovery.”

“I… I'm sorry.” I sighed.

“It’s not your fault. It's a small price to pay for your own peace. You'll both figure it out.”

“Neh.. Oh! Unnie, I have to go. Thank you for letting me talk to Jiyong. I can worry a little less.”

“He’s fine Dara. See him when you get back. Enjoy Switzerland. Jiyong will watch the show when it airs.”

“Neh..”

B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter