From a Bystander's Point of View

From a Bystander's Point of View

Hi. I’m Kim Minjoo. I’ve been in the industry for a while now, and I can honestly say Lee Chaeyeon is the best dancer I’ve ever met. They way her body glides across the air and pop into the exact position she’s supposed to be in like some sort of jigsaw mesmerizes me. Right now, I’m visiting the other dorm, and not gonna lie, it’s just so that I could catch a few glimpses of Chaeyeon. She’s that kind of person who’s just fun to watch, you know. Only one thing about her baffles me more than her divine dancing: her shameless flirting.

“Chaeyeon, can you bring me the pan?” “Sakura-chan, I can help you make dinner.” “Thanks, Chaeyeon.”

“Kkura-chan, I’ve done the dishes~” “Really? Thanks.”

“Chaeye-“ “Ah, I’ve already prepared a bath for you~”

What are you, a telepathic housewife?! Even as I speak, Chaeyeon is busy catering to Sakura’s needs. As I set the box of apple juice onto the coffee table, a sigh snuck its way out of my mouth. Is this obedient dog really the same person who taught me the entire choreography of 1000% in just one day? But then again, Chaeyeon seems a lot happier these days, so it’s not like it’s a bad thing. Speaking of which, how come the dorm’s so quiet all of a sudden? I idly tilted my head towards the kitchen with the bathroom just in my line of sight. That was when the realization hit me.

“Wait, did they just go into the bathroom together?” I asked, bewilderment evident in my tone.

“Yeah,” Yuri answered nonchalantly. “It’s been like this for a few days now.”

For the kids to not be fazed in the slightest, those two must have deeply scarred them. I was frozen in thought. Is this even appropriate? , wait- Are the cameras still around? I quickly whipped my head towards one corner of the room. Thank god. Right, they uninstalled them.

“Is this something friends in Japan do to deepen their bonds?”

It was an accusation which Nako vehemently denied.

“No. Japanese people not this lewd.” Okay. .

Soon enough, the sound of running water could be heard echoing throughout the dorm. What are they doing in there? Well, first off they would- NO, Minjoo. Get your mind out of the gutter.

“Honestly, I’m quite worried about our future as idols,” Yuri stated, eyes still glued on the empty bowl before her.

“Right? If they get caught, our-“ Wonyoung poked Hitomi’s cheek “hopes and dreams would go BOOM!” The two Japanese girls grimaced at the thought.

Two Iz*one Members Caught in a Dating Scandal... With Each Other?!
I would not want to find an article like that on Dispatch anytime soon. My eyes darted from one member to another. What do we do?

“What do we do?!” I half shouted, half cried.

“We could tell all the other members about it and hold a meeting,” the trusty maknae suggested.

“Nah,” Yuri interjected. “I think everyone else knows. Everyone aside from the lovebirds.” “Language, unnie.” “Sheesh, fine.”

After a few moments of bickering with Wonyoung and deciding who’ll do the dishes, Yuri spoke up again. “Well, let’s just hope Chaeyeon and Sakura come to their senses before the reporters do.”

Right at that moment, the bathroom door swung open. Sakura, with wet hair, exited the bathroom along with Chaeyeon, whose hair was also wet, and I think I can leave the rest to your imagination.

The moment Yuri sees Chaeyeon, she bellows, “God, unnie! Why do you keep on wearing that T-shirt? Sakura-unnie gave us that a week ago!”

“B-but it’s so cute,” Chaeyeon whined, and Sakura only made matters worse by blushing.

“At least wash it. Oh my god,” Wonyoung rolled her eyes as she flopped back on the couch. After witnessing that interaction, it was clear to me that we all came to the consensus that we’ll leave our fate in god’s hands.

Oh Jesus, please take the wheel.