Chapter 1

"I always get what I want."

“Joohyun” Seulgi grabs Joohyun’s arm in an attempt to make her stop and not leave.

Joohyun does stop. Turning around a few seconds after and looking at the hand that was grabbing her arm. “Let me go Seulgi.” Letting a few tears escape from her eyes. “What do you want from me?” She says almost screaming.

“Please look at me and listen to me. Please.” Seulgi appeals almost crying while trying to make Joohyun look at her.

“How could you do that?” Joohyun utters. “Am I not enough? Do you not mean everything you said to me? And why her?” Joohyun ends up looking in Seulgi eyes, which were already covered in tears. “Do you not love me?”

 

Seulgi wanted to speak, wanted to say that she loves her, that she is the person that first comes into her head when she wakes up and that she is also the last person she thinks of before falling asleep. That she even appears on her dreams most of the days. She is the person that when something good happens she wants to run to tell everything, but she is also the person that when terrible stuff happens, when the world feels like is going to disappear, she wants to have near her, just hugging her and making her feel protected. Seulgi wanted to say that she is the love of her life.

But she couldn’t make the words come out. Couldn’t form the sentences. Couldn’t say everything that she was thinking of saying.

 

“Are you not going to say anything? You asked me to listen to you and I’m here waiting to listen to what you have to say.” Joohyun cleans the tears that were still on her face trying to look stronger.

“Joohyun-“ Seulgi makes a small pause before continuing. “What happened inside didn’t happened the way you think it did.” Seulgi catches a break to breath. “It wasn’t my fault.”

“Seulgi, do you really expect me to believe in that?” Joohyun tries to calm herself. “I know what I saw.” Joohyun looks down and sees that Seulgi is still grabbing her arm freeing herself from it. “I saw you two kissing.

 

Joohyun stars to leave again and it took Seulgi a couple of seconds to realise that, running after her right way when she did.

“Don’t go. Let me explain. Please.” Seulgi tries to make Joohyun wait, even if now she thinks that Joohyun will not wait nor want to hear her explanations. But to her surprise Joohyun does wait.

“Seulgi I have been waiting for you to explain everything. I want you to explain everything.” Her voice starts to break. “I want there to be an explanation to what I saw.” The tears begin to fall again. “I got your message to come here and then I see you kissing Sunmi. And I know her feelings for you.” Joohyun looks into Seulgi’s eyes with a strong gaze “How can there be a good explanation to that?” She breaks herself free again and this time she pushes Seulgi’s arm strongly. “If you wanted to break up with me you could have just told me.”

 

Seulgi realises that this may be the last time that Joohyun will let her explain herself, so she takes a few deep breaths and starts to explain everything and say everything that she wanted to say.

 

“I love you Joohyun. I never loved anyone more. I don’t want to break up with you, never! Understand that, please.” Seulgi really means every word she is saying, even if Joohyun doesn’t believe in them. “I don’t know what message you are talking about, I didn’t send you anything. I received a message from Sunmi to come here saying that she needed my help, that she was in trouble. When I arrived here, she told me she just felt lonely and she wanted someone to make her company. She asked so many times, she even went on her knees for me to stay just for a while that I ended up agreeing in staying for a little.” Seulgi takes a break from all her explanation to see if Joohyun was still listening to her, which she was.

Joohyun was listening to everything Seulgi was saying and trying to believe in what Seulgi was telling her.

Seulgi continues to explain what happened “She started to drink so much that after a while she was drunk, so I tried to take the beers away from her and at that time it must have been when you arrived, and she kissed me but-“ Seulgi was interrupted by Joohyun.

“Seulgi do you think I’m stupid?” Joohyun elevates the tone of her voice. “Do you think I will believe that she kissed you and I just happened to arrive precisely at that time and see you two” Joohyun couldn’t even say it without feeling disgusted.

Seulgi tries to grab both Joohyun’s hand but ended up grabbing the air as Joohyun takes her hands behind her back where Seulgi couldn’t reach them. “I’m saying the truth. Why would I text you if I wanted to cheat on you? How does that make sense?”

“I don’t know Seulgi. I don’t know what to think anymore.”

Seulgi gets closer to Joohyun and this time she could grab one of her hands.

“I’m telling you all the truth, I’m telling you everything that happened in there.” Seulgi was massaging Joohyun’s hand which made them both look down.

“I don’t know Seulgi, I don’t know if I can believe in it.” Seulgi squishes her hand to make her look up, to her eyes.

“Do you want to go inside and ask Sunmi what happened there?” Joohyun didn’t knew what to reply to that question, but she does want to understand what happened inside the small house just a few meters away from them.

“Yes.” Joohyun looks to Seulgi’s eyes.

 

They both go to the house, entering and going straight to the living room where Joohyun had seen Seulgi and Sunmi kissing. Sunmi was laying on the couch with her eyes closed but the tv was still on. In the table were a few empty cans of beer that make Joohyun look at Seulgi, thinking of what Seulgi had told her earlier. Seulgi goes to Sunmi and stands there, looking at Joohyun before trying to wake her up. Sunmi wakes up a few times after Seulgi shakes her.

“What?” Sunmi mumbles first thing when she woke up. “Let me sleep!”

“No!” Seulgi doesn’t let her go back to sleep and continues to shake her and trying to get her up which Sunmi does a little after. Sunmi tried to grab Seulgi arms to make her sit next to her. Joohyun just signs loudly over the sound coming from the tv. Seulgi heard Joohyun and took a step back from Sunmi.

“Sunmi please explain what happened earlier to Joohyun.” Sunmi opens her eyes as soon as she heard the other girl’s name.

“Is that supposed to make me laugh Seulgi? What happened earlier? You kissed me.” Joohyun looked at Seulgi who was still looking at Sunmi in disbelief.

“I knew it.” Joohyun says before trying to leave but was stopped by Seulgi right way. “Please stay.” Seulgi said before turning around to face Sunmi. Joohyun still wanted to leave, but she wanted to also see what Seulgi was going to do now.

“What are you saying? We both know that was not how it happened.” Seulgi starts walking towards Sunmi. “Tell the truth for once! You kissed me. Why?”

Sunmi lets out a loud chuckle. “Ok, you are right, I did kiss you, but don’t act like you didn’t want it.”

“What?” Seulgi opens her eyes in total disbelief because of what Sunmi had just said. “What are you even saying? I didn’t want to kiss you, I have a girlfriend already.”

“And what about her? She doesn’t mean anything.” Sunmi looks at Joohyun with a smirk on her face. Sunmi knew she has getting to Joohyun’s nerves.

“What the hell do you want from us?” Joohyun snaps out of the frozen state she had been for a while and starts walking in Sunmi’s direction. Seulgi grabs Joohyun’s arm as she feels Joohyun getting too close and Seulgi couldn’t really understand what was going thorough Joohyun’s head at this moment. “And why did you send me a text from Seulgi’s phone pretending to be her?”

 

Sunmi gets up going straight to Joohyun, but Seulgi places herself in between them, afraid of what could happen next. “Sunmi sit down again, please.”

Sunmi pushes Seulgi aside being now in front of Joohyun. “Sweetie, you know what I want.” She made a pause before continuing. “I want Seulgi. And you know I won’t give up until I have what I want.” Sunmi tilts Joohyun chin to make her look up to her eyes. “And I always get what I want.” She whispers it to Joohyun ears, but Seulgi could also hear it.

Joohyun pushes her away which made Sunmi fall into the couch and laugh because of it. “Look at you all angry. You still won’t get me to back off from what I want.”

Seulgi decides it’s time for this to be over and for Sunmi to stop and shut up. “Sunmi, I’m not going to be yours, not now, not ever, got it?”

Seulgi grabs Joohyun’s hand leaving right way before Sunmi had time to argue back.

 

When they were already far from the house, Joohyun stops Seulgi and questions her. “What do you think she meant when she said she isn’t going to back off until she gets what she wants? Seulgi I’m scared. I don’t want to lose you.”

Seulgi had a smile on her face that she hadn’t been able to show in a few hours. A smile so bright and sweet that made Joohyun feel less scared and more protected “She was just drunk don’t worry, she will not do anything.” Seulgi put one arm around Joohyun pulling her closer to her and hugging her in the end.

“Seulgi, she likes you. Do you really think she is not going to try anything with you?” Joohyun says while hugging Seulgi strongly, as a way of telling her to never go away.

“I don’t care.” Seulgi pulls away and looks into Joohyun’s eyes. “I love you.” She gives Joohyun a quick kiss. “Now let’s go home and forget what happened today!”