Final

Not so Romantic Date or Not?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Minju was trying not to pay attention to her watch as she fiddled with her hours-old paper cup. Yujin’s class supposed to be finished by now since all izone members who went to same school with her is already home except her certain girlfriend. Her phone rings and the face of the one she misses appears.

 

“My teacher forced me to stay longer, since I only attend school every time we don’t have schedule. You can eat first don’t wait for me. “

 

 

She still amazed how much Yujin still has lots of energy despite going to school and idol works and look at things positively. That is one of her charm, despite being a maknae, she is a reliable member of their group and assured every time Minju feel down cause of criticism she receives from the netizens. Minju feels lucky to have a girlfriend like her.

 

 

"Being that happy all the time is some kind of skill," Minju thought to herself before deciding to end their video call. "Yeah, a real life skill that you sorely lack," she retorted mentally. "Might as well farm for some minerals while I wait."Minju entered autopilot as she scoured the game's various areas for minerals and items, she wanted to upgrade her armor anyway.

She groaned internally all the while. She was just about to attain a rare item; hopefully, the game saved her progress before she flipped it off.

 

After an hour of gaming and still not attaining a rare item she wants.

 

 

" it's just me." A hand grabbed her shoulder, turning her around. "Sorry to have kept you waiting," Yujin smiled widely, shrugging her school bag onto her shoulder. Tossing it on her bed. Minju believes that even fate is with her since the roommates assigned using a game and she still ended up with Yujin. She averted her gaze down, "It's okay, I had my Switch."

 

 

They headed out of the dorm into the night of the busy city to a PC Cafe. It was Friday night and people have nights out or date like what they are currently doing now. Minju is looking forward for tomorrow since they will be picking up some new games in the morning. She led the way to their destinations as Yujin had no clue where they were going.

 

 

Yujin stopped briefly. If she had looked up in time, she would've noticed the pained expression on her face. Even though the bathroom debacle had been a month ago, Yujin was still beating herself up. She continued, "I've never been to a PC cafe before! Thank you for inviting me. You said there's a free drink bar, right?" Minju chuckled at how cute Yujin right now looks like a lost puppy who only follows her owner but she will never tell her that since she knows that her girlfriend like to be called cool than cute.

 

 

"Yeah, but it's just soft drinks. Nothing special." Minju responded, keeping her eyes glued to the sidewalk in front of her. The neon lights reflecting off the windows, let her know they were close to their destination.

Minju didn't know what she had expected when she invited Yujin to a PC cafe with her. Well, for one, she hadn't even thought she would agree. What kind of girl asks their partner to a PC café date anyway? "It's not exactly the most romantic place," she thought before mentally slapping herself.

 

 

"How many hours should we do?" Yujin asked, capturing her attention.

 

 

" Is 3 hours okay? This café is just 30 minutes away from our dorm" she suggested. She breathed a sigh of relief when Yujin smiled and answered affirmatively. She cracked a small smile in return.

 

 

Minju had been hoping that the PC cafe wouldn't be too busy. Just busy enough that their talking wouldn't be too distracting to other patrons. She had chosen this one because they had a few rows of PCs that weren't separated by high dividers. This would facilitate easier instruction. They would just ask for seats next to each other so she could teach in real life and provide in-game support from her designated PC. Yujin was going to fight a level-25 boss tonight. So, she needed all the support she could get.

 

 

 

However, the place was packed. Some kind of tournament was happening of course lot of people are playing since it involves a huge amount of money. The smell never ceased to amaze her when a bunch of game otaku were lured away from their home PCs to participate in these things. It was, simply, nauseating. She had been foolish to not double check if an event would be going on.

 

 

 

 

"Excuse, are there two adjacent seats available?" Minju asked the front desk person.

 

 

"Ah, I'm sorry, they're all reserved. Are you two together?"

 

 

"Uh...Yeah."

 

 

"Well, we have a two-person flat-mat room. Only one PC, but two sets of headphones! It's also a little more private…" the front desk person trailed off. Her face splotched red at the insi

Please log in to read the full chapter