Final

Attempts 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh God, Yena can you please stop pouting?” the younger of the two said, eyebrows furrowed as she sipped aggressively on her iced mocha. “It’s ruining my appetite.”

“But the love of my life now thinks I’m weird.” Yena whined, pouting even more as she crossed her arms and sank deeper on the seat.

“But you are weird.” The younger girl retorted without batting an eye on her friend before finishing her drink.

“Gee thanks.” She puffed her cheeks.

“You’re welcome.” Her friend smiled and wiped the whipped cream at the edge of . “Let’s be real. She won’t think you’re weird if you’ll just approach her and talk to her normally like any normal human being would do.”

“You know I can’t do that Yujin.” She sat up properly and faced her friend with a determined look on her face. “She needs to be treated differently and specially. She’s not like any other girl and YOU KNOW THAT!” she slammed her palm on the table earning looks from the other patrons around the whole café.

And her ways of special treatment means approaching Jo Yuri who’s working at the counter of the café with a huge grin on her face that can literally split her face in half. Trying to flirt miserably, drop super greasy and horrendous pick up lines and wink that makes her looks like she’s having a facial spasm and have potassium deficiency.

But seeing how the younger girl hot flustered at her flirting attempts, Yena had the gist of hope that her ways might be working.

Maybe.

Yujin couldn’t do anything but pinch the bridge of her nose and sigh in disbelief. “You’re hopeless.”

“Yes, hopelessly in love.”  She said dreamily with her head resting on her palm as she watched the love of her life work behind the counter with dreamy eyes making her friend grunt loudly.

 

 

________________________

 

 

 

Yena was sitting on her chair with her face covered in a book entitled ‘Pick up lines 101’ she was so engrossed with what she’s reading that she didn’t noticed someone sit beside her.

“Morning” she looked and saw her friend stuffing with sandwich.

“Morning Hyewonnie.” She beamed in return.

“What are you reading? We don’t even have any quiz later.” Hyewon pulled her seat closer to her friend and peered at Yena’s shoulders to peak on its content. “Wow. I should’ve known.” She backed away and patted her friend on the shoulder. “Good luck. That’s harder than any quiz out there.” She gave her a small smile and a salute.

“Thanks my comrade.” She returned the gesture and continued to read intently, eager to learn new lines that can hopefully work and sway Yuri.

“What’s all this mess early in the morning.” She averted her gaze to look at the source of the sound and beamed and waved at her other friends.

“I’m studying  new pick up lines.” She answered proudly and show them the book that’s she’s reading.

Her friend snickered as she placed her duffle bag on the floor and walk towards her friend’s seat with another girl following behind.

“What for? Is this for another attempt to make Yuri notice you but we’re all so sure that you’ll just fail miserably, like always.” The red head said sassily.

Yena frowned “Don’t be too negative, Chaewonnie. Have more faith in me.”

“Oh I did before and I regretted It.” she retorted with a smirk.

“Ey, don’t be too hard on Yena.” Chaeyeon said “Oh right! I heard from Sakura that Yuri’s on duty to watch detention today.”

“Why would Sakura even talk to you?”  Chaewon questioned with her brow perfectly arched.

“…We’re friends…” the taller girl said sheepishly while scratching the back of her head.

“SHE’S ON DUTY TO WATCH DETENTION TODAY?!!?!?!?!” Yena sprang from her seat, making her friends flinch at the sudden movement.

“Yes, and?” Hyewon finally spoke after finishing her sandwich.

“I have an event planned.” Yena said confidently, her eyes sparkling brightly with that huge stupid grin plastered on her face.

“Marty I’m scared.” Chaewon whispered to the other Chae.

“Me too Susan.”

 

 

______________________

 

 

The next thing they knew was Yena being dragged aggressively at the principal’s office by Mr. Yang while fixing his wig. Apparently Yena ‘accidentally’ tripped behind Mr. Yang on the corridors and tried to grab his hair for support instead of his arm resulting for his wig to be snatched away so embarrassingly in front of the students and now the poor girl was sent in detention because of ‘inappropriate behavior in school and disrespecting her teachers’.

To be honest Yena didn’t know that the man wears a wig to cover his bald spot and yet she get to take revenge to the man that the students hated the most for being a jerk and a ert and now she can even be in the same room with the love of her life for 4 hours, these are both wins for her.

She arrived in the detention room trying to hide and suppress the huge grin forming on her lips. Yena walked towards Jo Yuri who is busy reading a book on the teacher’s table that the disciplinary committee use. Her heart thumps loudly on her chest with every step she takes.

With a deep breath she halted her steps and placed her detention slip on the table.

The girl closed her book and took the slip, reading it silently.

“Wait. You removed Mr. Yang’s wig?” her tone isn’t judging at all. Instead her voice was full of amusement and so are her eyes, her eyebrows raised ever so slightly. 

Her lips cracked in a small smile and Yena’s heart skipped a beat at the sight of it.

“I shouldn’t be thanking and praising you for this, but thank you and good job.” At this point she started to giggle and Yena’s ears were blessed with its angelic melody.

“You’re welcome.” She praised herself internally for not stuttering.

She scratched the back of her head as she smiled sheepishly at the girl and felt her whole existence float to heaven.

Yuri cleared , snapping the dazed girl on her thoughts. “Well you may take a sit anywhere you like.” She gestured to the sits available but Yena’s so close to saying ‘Can I sit beside you then?’ but thank God the breaks on her stupid mouth worked before she can even further embarrass herself.

“Ah..okay” she sat on the seat just opposite to the younger girl who already went back to reading quietly.

Just being in the same room with Yuri sends her to a whole mess but having the room all to themselves was giving her a hard and a good time.

She can feel her lungs tighten making it hard for her to breathe. The blood vessels on her face widens, resulting to the blood flow to increase making her face flushed like a ripe tomato.

She first met the younger girl when she and Yujin was sent to detention for causing a ruckus at the corridors, running and chasing each other without caring to their surroundings causing them to trip and bump at the dean.

Yuri was also in charge of detention at that time. She’s such a shy cute girl that looks like a hamster. The complete opposite of the older girl but opposite attracts right? Well for now it’s just a one sided attraction.

For now.

Jo Yuri is a part of the disciplinary committee, a straight A student, part of the school choir, she also takes on the library duties and have a part time job at Rose café to earn money. She wanted to be independent and stand on her own shoes and that’s just one of the reasons why Choi Yena fell in love with Jo Yuri.

“Uhmm are you okay?” Yena flinched at the touch of Yuri’s hand on her forehead. “Your face is red and warm.” Was she dozing off that much that she didn’t notice the younger girl to walk towards her and now that their faces are inches away her face turned into a darker shade of red making Yuri worried.

“Are you feeling sick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter