January 20th, 2018

DAZE

Mark - 2:13pm

 

Two minutes till the chairman knocks on that door to tell us the important news. I felt nerves rushing through my body making myself paralyzed on the couch till a hand waving in front of my face. I shook my head to pull myself back into consciousness to see Renjun with a worried look on his face, "nervous?" He asked and I just nodded and weakly smiled at him. I looked behind my back to see Chenle sitting quietly, he stayed the night with us yesterday since his mother had to go on a business trip. 

 

After a steady silence went throughout the house a set of heavy feet walked from up stairs, all our heads turned to see Jisung in a drowsy mood, "The chairman let us rest today why are you so tired?" Jeno asked him and he just shrugged and sat down next to Chenle, they talked to each other for a minute then a knock rang throughout the house and I jumped up and opened the door.

 

"Good afternoon" Lee Soo-Man said while waving and I smiled. I went back to my spot on the couch and he sat on a chair near by, "Where is Haechan?" He inquired while looking around the room and Jeno spoke up "He went to the 127 dorm to spend time with them, he'll be back around 3:00, I'll tell him what's going on when he gets back" he said and the chairman nodded his head.

 

"Okay I'll make this quick, you all will be working with a YG boy group, their name is DAZE and that's all I know. They want you on their new album with one of the members. One of your songs will be made into a music video with the member your with. I don't know anything about the boys." He stayed and we all just nodded, Jaemin spoke up first, "How long will we be working with them?" SM spoke quietly under his breath talking to himself before responding, "Till April, no specific date but they have their title track already written along with some other music, you guys will be writing songs with them" he added some extra information that he remembered and we all nodded.

 

"When will we meet them?" Jisung asked excitedly, "All of you will be going to the YG building tomorrow to get in a meeting with the boys, YG is letting them pick who they wanna be with and according to him they didn't have much trouble. After tomorrow they'll be going to your practice room some time next week" he said and Jisung nodded taking in all the information.

 

A small silence engulfed the dorm and then SM broke the silence easily, "what's the time?" He asked and I checked my phone, "2:45, do you need to go?" I inquired and he shook his head. "Why are we doing all this now?" Jeno asked and SM looked at him, "The DAZE members had been on tour since November and YG suggested the idea after their last comeback, you guys had your Joy single released so I had you working in December and they are on a break and you are on a break for a while till it's time for filming" he explained. SM looked  moved his hands around his pockets until he found his phone, he checked the time and after telling us about our next comeback he got up and left. Jaemin stretched himself out on the couch leaving his feet on Jeno and his legs on Renjun, they looked like they were stuck and I just smiled. "Haechan should be home by now" Jaemin whined and Jeno nodded, Renjun fidgeted around worrisome about Haechan but it's  only 2 minutes past 3.

 

Haechan 3:03pm

 

I walked swiftly to the dream dorm, I remember Jeno telling me that SM was supposed to be coming over but I forgot so now I'm out of the loop, once the dorm door looked at me in my face I knocked on it softly and it opened, I came face to face with Jisung. He looked excited and I rose my eyebrow wondering what happened while I was gone, "How was your visit at the 127 dorm?" Mark asked once I stepped in and I smiled, "It was good, Johnny and Doyoung were the only one over there so we talked for a bit. All the other members left to get food." I explained and he nodded.

 

"Now, what was the meeting about?" I asked curiously, "We're collaborating with a YG boy group named DAZE, we'll be meeting them tomorrow. SM said he doesn't know anything about them" Jeno explained and I listened as he gave all the details. "Can't we look them up?" I asked and Jaemin looked confused, "Online, they have to have a profile that was written by fans or something" after I suggested that Jaemin hopped up from the couch and ran up the stairs and was back with a computer in his hands. 

 

All of us got on the couch and he logged in and looked up the group's name to find a profile for the first thing to come up. There were seven of them...that's not very surprising since each of us partner with one of them. We went through all the facts then clicked off the page and found news articles on the group...there were pages of articles just from them collapsing on stage, one caught my eye and I think it did for all of us.

 

"DAZE member rushed to hospital after collapsing off stage during tour"

 

I almost clicked on the page but Mark told me not to sine we were just gonna look at profiles. "Anyone catches you guys eyes?" All the member nodded their head but Renjun was the only one not moving, he seemed trapped in his own world.

 

Renjun - 3:28pm

 

Haechan questioned us if any of the members catched our eyes and in my head I said yes but in real life nothing happened. The Theo one, he seemed so happy and giddy. Jaemin turned off the computer and shut the top, "I'll put it up" I suggested and he handed the computer to me, I walked upstairs slowly then headed to my room and sat on my bed and logged in. I decided to look up Theo and nothing much came up...the profile was there then general news articles about comeback teasers. I went in photos and all of them were him in photoshoot sand none in real life...there was one teaser photo that didn't seem right

 

 

 

All of the colors were bright and his face was flat, I felt a creepy sensation while looking at the photo like I was looking at a whole other person. I shook off the feeling and turned the computer and put it up, I went back downstairs to find myself being questioned, "You were up there for a bit...what were you doing?" Jeno asked and I shrugged.

 

"Stop messing with him, so since we've learned a portion about them, who do you think you're gonna get?" Mark asked and all of us were silent. I don't know why but I felt like I knew nothing about Theo, "Junjie seemed nice, I think he picked Haechan because their both Main vocalists" Jisung suggested, "How do you know they looked at our profile, they could just be working on their comeback SM did say they have their title song worked out."

 

Junjie - 4:25pm

 

"We have to wrap practice up, we have a meeting tomorrow and YG wants us to be up" Sangmin stayed and we all nodded but Qi sat against the wall, beads of sweat dropped from his hair. He's been here since 6. "And you wonder why you always are tired" I remarked at him and he rolled his eyes, "funny joke, you're not the one making choreography that works with the song" his voice was serious and he didn't seem very happy, YG didn't like the idea of his last choreography because the first one looked like it couldn't be done while singing but I could but he still said no and the second one was too ballad like so he's been working hard to figure out the perfect mix of things. Sangmin started packing up his things once the others saw him they got ready and we all started heading out, I looked back to see Qi still sitting on the floor, Sangmin and I walked up to him and looked down, "It's ima to go" Sangmin said and Qi waved him off, "I'll be back at the dorm later, let me work and I'll leave at the correct time next time we practice" he bargained and Sangminjust sighed and nodded, "Have a good night Qi" I said while waving