Final

Support

It's just during the final announcement of Produce 48, where the Woollim girls along with the other trainees were feeling anxious, worried, nervous and etc at the same time. It was too fast. It's just 4 months ago they made it to Produce 48 audition and now they're just one step closer to their dream, Debuting....

Chaewon was afraid. She wished that she could skip time and turn to the next chapter of life where she could know where her destiny would lead her to, debuting or going back as a trainee. At least she would be prepared.

She did want to debut so badly, giving a hope even just a little. But she doubted herself would make it this time. Thinking she still needed to practice, and her friends there who were able to make it into top 20 too were great trainees with amazing skills who were ready to debut. Count her lucky to make it into top 20.

'Now I don't really know what to feel..'


Xx


Looking back to her one and only fellow member from Woollim, Eunbi couldn't help but feeling worried for her as well. She was hoping that Chaewon could make it to debut since she knew her last ranking was still out from the numbers being set to debut.

"The trainee in 10th place..." Lee Seung Gi, the representative of National Producers began.

There's always a break pause in every sentences he said to make all the people who's watching it could sweat cold sweats due to nervousness.

"It's a trainee from Woollim Entertainment.."

Hope. She always thought there's a possibility. But recalling her past ranking kept putting her hope down. She's slowly loosing it thinking comparing herself with her greatest and experienced trainee, Kwon Eunbi unnie wouldn't do the miracle.

1 second, 2 seconds... their eyes met. Desperation and discouragement were showing in Chaewon's beautiful eyes.

'There's no way I would make it unnie..'

Eunbi sighed, she knew her dongsaeng so well. She's always lacking confidence about her skills once her weakness is pointed out. She remembered the time during her rehearsal for Into The New World when Chaewon was being criticized for her emotionless singing skill that making her singing sounded not so sincere.

'You need to believe in yourself Chaewon-ah..'

(Even I thought that your voice is beautiful.. giving serenity to my heart that I could fall asleep listening to it..)

At the end, Chaewon could only averted her gaze down.

Eunbi felt like tearing up.

Xx

"It's Kim Chae won."

Eunbi was so shocked at the same time happy for her dongsaeng.

While at the same time, Chaewon just couldn't believe her ears. 'Is it seriously me..?'

She was so shocked that she was unable to think of anything, even her friends congratulating her went deaf to her ears. The happiness she was feeling was too much, she couldn't hold it but cried.

While crying, her mind was a mess, too many voices that were now echoing inside her brain until an image of her unnie flashed in her mind.

She began searching for her. At the same time Eunbi was searching for her too. Once both pair of eyes met, their bodies collided for a tight hug.

"Unnie......" tears were running freely.

"You made it Chaewon-ah... I'm so proud and happy for you, congratulations!"

"Please unnie.. you need to make it too..."

"Let's just pray for the best" and with that, she let go of her to walk on the now-flowery road.

Xx

It's almost their debut day. They're all practicing hard for their debut showcase. For the dance choreography, vocal for their debut album track list, even some members that we know were already slim enough were still on diet just to loose more weight. They're preparing it so hard to make it memorable without any regrets for some mistakes.

Another practice day for all the members.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight."

While everyone was doing good, there's this girl who kept on making mistakes. It seemed like she wasn't focused at the moment to practice.

Noticing this, the trainer of the choreography sighed frustratedly and decided to give a break.

"Ya! Chaewon-ah.. what's wrong with you? You keep on making the same mistake again, again and again" the trainer scolded while running her hair through her fingers harshly.

All the other members shut up and didn't even dare to look at the scene playing in front of them. Eunbi on the other hand was worried, both because she's being scolded and for her unanswered question, what's bothering her that made the younger kept on making the same mistake again and again.

Chaewon on the other hand just kept silent. She was too afraid to break down crying in front of the others, specially for the younger members who were mentally stronger than her even being scolded too sometimes for not getting the steps right.

Expecting the younger girl wouldn't give any answer, the trainer decided to give them a break.

"Let's just take a break for now." And then she left.

Xx

*click*

The sound of the door was heard indicating the trainer had left already.

Everyone was about to approach the scolded girl when Chaewon decided to excuse herself after saying sorry to the other girls.

The girls were worried and wanted to chase after her but Eunbi being the leader she was, took care of this matter, "you guys just go practicing, I'll check on Chaewon. Don't let the trainer to scold us for making mistakes again okay?"

Some of the girls answered "Ne.." while some were still thinking about their fellow member.


Chaewon was sobbing silently in one of the cubicles.

She didn't know about herself deserve the position to debut. She was letting everyone down, she was dragging everyone behind.

Eunbi on the other hand, walked in silently. Noticing all the cubicles door were widely opened except the one furthest from the main door, she called for the younger.

"Chaewon-ah..." she called softly while walking closer following to the sobbing sound.

Chaewon had expected this that someone would follow after her but she was more than glad that it was none other than her unnie that she had known and shared worries together for a long time.

"Chaewon-ah.. could you please open the door?" Eunbi knocked softly.

*click*

Chaewon didn't hesitate, the door was unlocked and it's a sign for Eunbi to open the door. There she was met with her dongsaeng being all vulnerable from all the exhaustion from practice and crying. She was a mess.

Not wasting any seconds, she invited the younger into her embrace.

There Chaewon let out her frustration out by crying freely without holding in. She clinged to the older tighter like her life depended on her. She didn't know if she was alone, who could support her. Who could become her pillar while facing all the burdens.

"It's okay dear.. just let it out.."

Eunbi didn't need to ask what's wrong and what's the matter since she understood well what the younger was feeling. Preparing a performance, especially for their case it's their debut performance, it would give you so many pressures especially it was Chaewon's first time to feel this. To do this.

"U-u-unnie..." Chaewon choked a little after all the crying mess and leaned away a little bit feeling embarrassed.

"Hmm?" Eunbi combed for the younger's hair and waited for her to say something.

Chaewon could only look down. She was feeling guilty for their leader, for her unnie for not being good. She was afraid because of her, she would bring bad for their company's name.

"I'm so sorry unnie..." she said almost like a whisper. "I'm letting everyone down.."

Sensing the discouragement from the younger girl, Eunbi butted in immediately. "No Chaewon-ah.. you're not. You're doing good.. And it's normal for us to make  mistakes. Since I'm sure everyone is feeling nervous too about this.."

Chaewon sighed. Mind was full of doubtness rather to follow her discouragement feeling or follow her encouragement feeling from the older one. She wanted to follow her unnie's advice but being not confidence about herself kept doubting her choice.

Seeing this, Eunbi put both of her hands on the younger's shoulders, "I'm sure you can do this Chaewon.. please believe in yourself.." she was still unable to meet Chaewon's eyes. She just realized that she just gave her another burden indirectly that she must do well for her. Eunbi sighed, pitied the younger. "You can always find me whenever you want.. I'll always get your back for support." Eunbi finished with an encouraging smile.

Hearing this, Chaewon's tears began to flow again freely from her eyes as she engulfed the older girl for a tight hug. "Thank you so much Eunbi unnie.. thank you for always supporting me." She thanked the older. She wanted to thank her for everything. But her words just weren't enough for what actually she felt. But knowing it's Kwon Eunbi that she's talking about, then she didn't need to worry for her assurance since the older girl already knew how thankful herself for the older girl.