Behind the stage~ 1 (final)

Behind the stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Ok take it from the top. You have to be more precise with your popping and make sure you hit the beat perfectly." Hyukjae nodded and wiped sweat off his forehead before walking to the middle of the stage. He had danced the same song over seven times and even though he was the choreographer, his manager kept pushing him to do better as if he knew better. 

He took a few breaths before getting in position and closing his eyes, waiting for the beat he needed to hear to start. The beat to Bishop Briggs' 'River' started playing and he blocked out all sounds that weren't the song. He moved effortlessly around the stage and although his arms were tired from repeating the same stunts over and over again, he still managed to make it look as if it was as easy as breathing. 

His timing was perfect and his face expressions could burn through anyone's soul. It was perfect. This time for sure it was.

 

"Ok, go again. It wasn't good enough." Hyukjae looked at his manager in disbelief. He was one hundred percent sure it was as good as it should be. He had been doing this since he was 5 he should know how to judge himself and usually he was harsh, but this time there was no denying it was perfect. 

"But I made sure to correct everything you thought was bad and I'm pretty satisfied with it." His manager raised an eyebrow,"Eunhyuk, don't argue and do it again." 

That's all he was known for. Eunhyuk. Everyone cared about Eunhyuk only. The amazing performer who was made to entertain others. Not Hyukjae. The passionate guy who danced because he loved it and he felt free and happy and not obligated to please others. He always loved to dance and make people happy so when he was offered a job as an entertainer where he would be able to do both he didn't hesitate to say yes. He never thought it would be this hard though. He never thought he would have to change his style just to give people what they wanted. Weren't they suppose to like him for his own style? If they wanted another type of dancing they could just follow someone else right? He learned much more dancing styles and his choreographing skills expanded. Something good had to be gained.

 

"Make sure to eat healthy and practice your performances. We have a full house. I'm going to a meeting about the concert, go eat and then head straight to the hotel. Don't go anywhere else." Hyukjae sighed and nodded. He watched his manager leave with a phone stuck on his ear while he argued with the person on the other line. Instead of exiting as well, Hyukjae stayed still in the middle of the stage and watched as the light slowly went out one by one. Once it was all dark he grabbed a towel and left. He made sure to put on his hat and mask to hide from the public. Even after so many years, he still wasn't used to fans and paparazzis surrounding him all the time so he always tried blending in as an average citizen. It was hard to meet someone who didn't know him as Eunhyuk which is why he didn't have many friends and also why his love life was bad. Everyone wanted to get fame from him or they wanted to be with him to look good and not because they genuinely loved him. 

 

 

When he first started his professional career he didn't think he'd have to change almost everything. It started by changing his name. He didn't know what was wrong with his birth name and he wished to be known for it, but the CEO had other plans and made him change it to Eunhyuk. Apparently, there was a comedian whose name was Hyukjae as well and Eunhyuk seemed to have a ring to it. Hyukjae wasn't too pleased, but all he wanted to do was dance so he let it be. 

 

His appearance was next. He usually liked to be casual and simple. He was often wearing jeans with hoodies or sweats with lose t-shirts, but now he had to wear different types of outfits. Some ended up being stylish, which he liked, but he was also very uncomfortable in them and would often feel dizzy because of the heat the many layers of clothing caused. 

His hair color changed from a dark brown to a light brown, then a black. It was fine....until it wasn't. They started dying his hair more bold colors. It started with blond, then proceeded with a light lavender, a red, white, an currently he was sporting a bright blue that flowed under the sun. It hurt his scalp whenever he bleached his hair and his hair was very much damaged, but it was all part of the job.

He wore makeup a lot of times and whenever he didn't, he felt as if people wouldn't recognize  him. Not because he looked different, but because people liked Eunhyuk. The glamorous, always elegant Eunhyuk. 

 

 

 

 

 

He made his way out of the arena he would be performing later and walked alone on the unfamiliar streets. It was cold out and he cursed himself for not bringing a jacket. He wasn't too familiar with this city so he pretended to be on his phone while he secretly looked around for a café or restaurant he could eat and relax in. It was 6:00pm and his performance wasn't until 11:00, so he had three hours to relax and enjoy himself. His manager seemed busy and usually sat in meeting for hours which always caused him to be late to Hyukjae's performances, but Hyukjae didn't mind since he'd much rather be alone than with bad company who stressed him out all day every day. 

 

 

 

After a few minutes of walking around, Hyukjae finally found a small café and he practically ran to it. He sighed contently when he went inside and immediately felt warm. He sat in a booth a bit far from the door and pulled his mask down. He gave his back to the door so people couldn't see his face as they entered and kept his hat on so his hair color wouldn't give him away. People were very much aware he was performing tonight so they would be on the look out for a blue-haired dancer that would most like be roaming the streets. 

 

He was so absorbed in his phone that he didn't notice a young girl standing next to him with a notepad in his hand. "What would you like to order sir?" Hyukjae jumped and looked up. The girl's eyes went wide and she gasped. "Y-You're E-Eunhyuk! Oh my god Jessica! Eunhyuk is here!" Hyukjae sighed and he watched the girl run back into the kitchen excitedly. He decided it was better to get out of there before more people noticed. 

 

 

His stomach was growling and he didn't know anywhere else to go. Everything was so confusing and it was getting dark already. Only a few sun rays lit up the sky. Guess we're going back to the hotel then. He turned around and started walking. He wasn't sure where the hotel was, but he had to find it somehow. 

He felt tired, hungry, pressured and stressed. This day wasn't going too well for him and he worried his performance wouldn't be good. He hoped his day wouldn't get any worse than this. 

He hoped...

 

 

 

 

The night was getting windier by the second and he was struggling to walk. He rubbed his hands against his arms to find some warmth although it didn't help too much. "No!" He yelled when the wind stole his hat. He ran after it, but he got tired and gave up when he saw it got stuck in a tree. He groaned and took a seat in one of the tables that were outside a store that was already closed. He looked at his phone. 7:30, an hour and a half until I have to start getting ready and I haven't relaxed or eaten. He let his head fall in his arms which were laying on the table. 

 

 

He was falling asleep when he heard a voice. He hadn't understood what was being said so he gave a small 'huh?' and picked his head up to look at the person talking to him. "I said is this yours?" Hyukjae looked at the man's hand which held his hat. He smiled and nodded,"Yes thank you. How did you get it?" Hyukjae asked and looked at the man. He was pretty handsome. Hair messy because of the wind, rosy, thin lips and shiny brown eyes. The man looked around the same age as him. 

"Oh I saw you running after it when I was going into a store then when I came back I saw you sitting pitifully here and a hat was stuck in a tree. You looked like you are having a bad day so I thought I'd get it. I just got a branch and grabbed it. Pretty easy." The man explained and smiled sweetly. His smile was pretty too. 

Hyukjae felt a tingle inside his stomach that indicated he was attracted to the man. His looks at least. Stop, you can't date! 

"Uh t-thanks. I am having a pretty bad day so this made it a bit better." The man smiled for a few seconds before his eyebrows furrowed and the corner of his lips pointed downward. "Aren't you cold?" He asked in a serious tone. "Yeah, but I didn't think it would get this cold so I didn't grab a jacket. One more thing to add to my ty day." Hyukjae sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

The man stared at him for a moment. "What are you doing?" Hyukjae asked when he saw the guy removing his jacket. "Here put it on, I'm pretty warm anyways." Hyukjae shook his head immediately,"Oh no don't worry I-I'm fine really." 

"I'm serious, take it. One less ty thing you have to deal with." The man seemed genuine and not like he was doing it to be polite. Hyukjae hesitantly took the jacket and put it on. He shivered at the sudden warmth.

"Thanks, again." 

"No problem. By the way my name is Donghae, what's your name?" The man extended his hand. Hyukjae looked at the man in shock. He didn't know who he was? He didn't know Eunhyuk? 

 

"Is everything ok?" Hyukjae nodded and smiled widely."Yes everything is perfectly fine, I'm Hyukjae nice to meet you." He knew he would tell the man who he was one way or another, but it was different when someone didn't recognize you and you tell them you're famous after you've met them rather than them already knowing who you are. It was hard to explain, but Hyukjae felt happy to meet someone who didn't talk to him to get an autograph or a picture. Not that he minded, but he wished he would be looked at as himself and not just a celebrity.

 

"So Hyukjae, mind if I take a seat?" 

"No, go ahead." Donghae took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter