Final

I Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“If there is anything better than to be loved it is loving.”  –Unknown.

Hwang Heerin was known as the campus’ role model. She was good— outstanding in everything she did. She excelled academically, she was the captain of the girls’ lacrosse team, and did I mention music was her forte? She could sing, dance and play multiple musical instruments. She was an all-rounder; the golden student or the epitome of perfect student. She had the beauty, and the brains to go with it.

So it sent quite a number of shocks and double takes when the student body witnessed Baekhyun and Heerin entering the school compound hand-in-hand.

Byun Baekhyun had the reputation of being the notorious school rebel. The gorgeous bad boy everyone should be aware of. Correction: afraid of. He rarely attended his classes and hardly managed to keep up with his grades. Byun Baekhyun had a strong reputation—albeit a bad one.  He had established his own rules in the school and made it crystal clear from the very beginning that no one should bother him— anyone who did would suffer the consequences. So every student cowered in fear and made sure to abide by his rules.

The sight of Heerin and Baekhyun walking hand-in-hand like it is the most normal thing to do in the world sent numerous gasps. Some choked on their drinks, others choked on open air. Loud gasps were heard, followed by a series of hushed whispers and murmurs.

Well that was bound to happen considering the fact that they just dropped “the bomb of the century.” (a bit of an exaggeration really, but it gets the point across)

No one would have guessed or predicted this. One would have thought it was almost impossible, emphasis on almost. But they were just slapped on the face— not physically— but with the reality that something as impossible as this is possible.

Heerin ignored the bewildered stares she was receiving from the students passing by and settled on giving them sweet smiles, whereas Baekhyun just— yes, you guessed it right— glared.

Heerin sneaked a glance towards his direction and chuckled as she caught him scowling at a boy who was openly(with a wide mouth) staring at them. The poor boy dropped his stare in fear.

“Hey, stop glaring. You are scaring them.” She lightly chastised him as she gave his hand a squeeze.

Baekhyun spared a deadpan look towards his girlfriend,

“Good thing it’s working.” He said, priding himself for having such an effect.

Heerin just shook her head in amusement; her boyfriend sure was different than the others.

“Why did I even agree to this?” Baekhyun huffed as they made a turn to enter the academic block.

“ it up, Baekhyun. We both decided on this.” Heerin replied followed by a chuckle,

“And besides the sooner they know, the better, right?” Heerin smiled sweetly at her boyfriend who just stared at her with a raised brow,

“You really think so?” Heerin nodded enthusiastically causing Baekhyun to crack a beautiful smile.

Her breathing momentarily stopped at the sight of his lips curved upwards. She took in Baekhyun’s side profile and sighed blissfully.

Byun Baekhyun was made of ice. Not kidding. It took her months to break down the walls he built around himself and another few more months to get to know him at an intimate level. 

The closer she got, the more she felt herself getting attached to him.

Byun Baekhyun was not what everyone labeled him as.

Cold? Sort of. Scary? At first sight, yes. Dangerous?  A big fat no. People judged him based off groundless rumors and being the guy who wanted no attention, he decided to play along with it.

“Stereotyping is in our blood. Why bother explaining when they are just going to assume things in the end?”

He once said those words to Heerin when asked why he wouldn’t clarify things.

Maybe he is right. People always hold prejudice against us in the end.

And that was when Heerin decided on something:

Operation get-to-know Byun Baekhyun.

But little did she know her mission was doing just a tad more than getting to know him.

Heerin fondly chuckled at the memory causing Baekhyun to turn his head towards her direction,

“What’s so funny?” He asked her as they neared their respective classroom. Heerin simply gave him a teasing smile before replying, “Nothing.”

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at her and she mimicked his action. It wasn’t until someone practically jumped onto them, causing them to break their eye contact and let go of their hands whilst groaning in pain.

“Good morning!” An overly excited, sharp voice chirped.  

“Next time, a little warning please, Kim Jongdae.” Heerin grunted as she fixed her hair which was messed up by Baekhyun’s best friend a.k.a the cheekbone guy.

Baekhyun raised his hand to smack Jongdae on the back of his head but he was already a step ahead of him— ducking right away,

“Not falling for that, Baek,” Sniggered Jongdae as he successfully dodged Baekhyun’s attack, a smug smile adorning his face.

“Says who,”

Right then a hand came in contact with the back of his head causing him to moan in pain.

“Ouch, that is so unfair! It was a double attack!” Jongdae whined in his loud voice—pouting childishly. Baekhyun gave his girlfriend a proud smile, to which she replied with a wink.

“I’m going to my class, see you guys later?” Heerin said as she fixed her backpack strap. Baekhyun just nodded at her whereas Jongdae muttered, “Like boyfriend, like girlfriend.” under his breath.

Heerin laughed and entered her classroom leaving the two boys alone. Once she was out of sight, Jongdae turned to face Baekhyun with a sly smile,

“So finally decided to make it official, huh?” 

Baekhyun ignored his best friend and casually made his way into their classroom.

The couple has been dating for several months but never made it official to others except for his gang a.k.a EXO.  So back to Jongdae’s question.

As soon as Baekhyun and Jongdae entered the threshold, the students in the classroom stopped on their tracks and stared at the duo,  or more specifically— Baekhyun. The buzzing sound of small talk and gossip dwindled the minute they took a step forward.

Baekhyun leisurely walked towards his seat with Jongdae following behind him. He plopped down on his seat and took out his earphones from his bag before throwing glares and daggers to his classmates who then seemed to be snapped out of trance.

They resumed with their work; cautiously throwing glances here and there.

“Hey, wake me up once the teacher comes.” Baekhyun said as he shuffled his music player and plugged in his ear buds.

“Gotcha.” Jongdae answered as he took out his comic book to kill some time before the teacher arrived.

A beautiful melody began playing through Baekhyun’s earphones, feeling up his senses and slowly drowning him into the sensation of the soft humming— successfully shutting him off of his surroundings.

 

***

It was lunch break.

Heerin was sitting in the library, completing her literature assignment when someone sat at the empty chair in front of her.

A loud screech of a chair being dragged resonated through the almost-empty library which caused her to look up from her book to the person in front of her— who was her boyfriend.

A familiar warmth began to spread across her body, sending tingles over all the right places as Baekhyun stared at her with his arms crossed on the table. His eyes bored into her soul and her cheeks began to glow.

“What are you doing here?” Heerin asked as she subtly hid her red face from Baekhyun by staring at the book in front of her. She was definitely flustered— not being used to his piercing stares.

Baekhyun couldn’t stop the grin from forming on his face as he eyed the embarrassed girl sitting opposite of him. He thoroughly enjoyed the view of his shy girlfriend (which was a rare sight to see).

He didn’t say anything and continued staring at his red-as-tomato girlfriend.

Not hearing Baekhyun’s reply, the girl finally looked up—only t

Please log in to read the full chapter