Chapter 1

Aura

Her ice-blue eyes peered down at the new creation that was forming on her left thigh. It was one of many that she had gotten right on the spot, and she never regretted a single one. The boys never questioned it when she walked in with a new vision for her skin. They got even more excited. 

See this girl wasn’t like the others. She had a gift. She saw things in her mind, sometimes whole years, before it happened. It was as if God himself had blessed her with this gift. That was the reason for all her tattoos, she had seen them in visions, like symbols all creating the person that was Aura. She was a creature without rhyme or reason, crafted by the angels themselves. 

Aura never was a normal person, there was something about her, other than that gift, that made her so... precious. Like a gem, an irreplaceable gem, that shone on the shores of curiosity. She was beautiful too. Her ice-blue eyes were like daggers that could split the room in half. Her hair, no matter what shade it had been dyed that month, hung around her shoulders in waves that were just as soothing as the ocean. And her form was perfect, she wasn’t a stick by any means, but she was healthy and beautiful, mid-height, long legs and wide shoulders. Her body was always covered in red, black or gold. She was immaculate. 

The small jellyfish, her “sea spirits” as she called them, was just getting its blue green color. She admired the jellyfish. It was her only memory with her older sister Fait.

A trip to the Oregon Coast for her 16th birthday. It was the last year Aura would ever stay in the United States. After her mother had died, and Fait had graduated she knew she wanted to leave the United States. Travel, be a runaway if possible. Never looking back, becoming a free spirit, intrigued her. 

Fait had taken her to the beach. It was a cold day; the rain had fallen steadily the night before and was still drizzling that morning. The waves were crashing against the shore softly. The tide was low and there were creatures all around to be found. Jellyfish lying in puddles on the ground, clams poking up out of the ground in odd flowery ways, giant crabs ripped to shreds by the seagulls who had reached them before anyone else, and starfish that were in immaculate colors of purples and greens. 

Fait reached to touch every little thing, she always was a sensual person. She loved to feel things when she wanted a better understanding. It was her own gift. 

Aura had seen the waves moving inward hour by hour, her sister still chasing after the creatures. It was all so clear to her as the waves got closer; it presented a vision before her eyes. 

“Fait!” She screamed out, just seconds before a big wave washed over her sister, soaking her and dragging her under the tide. 

Aura rushed to save her sister, fighting against the waves as she searched for her, calling her name against the crashing of the waves. It wasn’t long before it pulled Aura underneath those same deadly waves. 

She had woken up in the hospital with no memory of what happened. Only that of her sister falling under the waves, never to be seen again. The doctors tried to jog her memory but nothing worked; she was gone. 

After a year of finding herself again Aura moved to Busan. She had looked at the place several times and decided that she wanted to be there. It was beautiful and Aura had never felt so attracted to a place in her life. It didn’t take her long to pack her things and move. 

It was Busan that gave her the passion for tattoo art. She had only had one tattoo in her whole life, a small whole note on her wrist. It symbolized something; she was sure, but she no longer knew what. There was a small shop, relatively dark, just down the road from her new apartment. It had intrigued her when she first arrived. But after passing by it several times she went in. 

There were 2 boys standing around looking at their phones. Ink covered their bodies, head to toe it seemed. The one stood only a few inches taller than Aura, but it was enough to make her rethink any action. His hair was a light blonde, his eyes a deep brown. He had several piercings in his ear, wore big rings, and tattoos covered most of his arms and part of his neck. When he looked up, he looked soft but his body showed just how rough he was. 

The other stood a good 6 inches above Aura. His hair seemed to be his natural color of brown, his eyes were an ice blue, she later found out he wore contacts that changed his eye color. He had 2 piercings on his left ear and 3 on the right. A lip piercing he almost never wore, except on special occasions. His body was covered in tattoos, none correlating with each other. He wore black jeans and an old 70s band tee shirt. Aura took notice of the way he stood, tough, as if trying to tell her to get out. But when he spoke his voice wasn’t so rough and he was as kind as anyone. 

She later learned the names of these two boys. The blonde, Min Yoongi, the brunette, Jeon Jungkook. They had learned to love Aura, especially when they found out about her gift. It intrigued them, the way her mind worked, the way she saw her tattoos come to life before they were even engraved in her skin. 

Aura had fallen in love with them. They didn’t treat her like and outsider, like many had since she moved here. They invited her in and let her become one of their own. After a while the ink caught her interest. 

“Can you teach me?” She asked Jungkook one day, halfway through her double roses. 

“How to do tattoos?” Yeah whatever you want Jagi." Jungkook said smiling at her curiosity. 

“What are you smiling at?” Aura questioned. 

“You. You’re always so curious. It’s cute Jagi.” 

After the shading on the two roses had been done and Jungkook had bandaged up her leg, he showed her how to do tattoos. It was slow and tedious work, making sure every single line was perfect. That shading was done the right way. It took a while, but soon enough she had mastered the art, and was given her own “studio” inside the shop. 

Jungkook had her do several of his tattoos that ran down his torso,  a small gem on his neck, and the words “my sea spirit” in Hangul on his wrist. Jungkook admired her work. He loved the way she looked when she was so focused on the ink. She was always careful not to move too much. When she looked like that Jungkook fell in love with her. She amazed him. He wanted her like no one else had ever wanted her. 

Aura loved Jungkook, admired his work. She wanted him to teach her more, show her things that only few tattoo artists knew. He intrigued her. She felt the need to be with him, to make him show her the things she was curious about.

That was until that fateful day when the tallest man in all of South Korea walked through the doors. His body was relatively relieved of tattoos, but his piercings were prominent. He walked in like he owned the place and stalked straight to Yoongi. 

“Namjoon you’re back!” Yoongi said wrapping his arms around the tall boy. 

“Yes, I am. And I see we have a new artist. Hi, sweetheart.” He said waving at her, giving her a look only the devil could muster. 

“Hi.” Aura was weak.

The man walked towards her, admiring the jellyfish on her leg. 

“It’s gorgeous, Aura right?” He asked.

“Uhm... yeah.” She stuttered. 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Namjoon.” She shook his hand. 

He pulled her next to him and whispered in her ear. 

“All those tattoos can’t hide you from me, sweetheart.”