Final

The Stranger

Jeongyeon should’ve known there was something more than meets the eyes when she talked with her that night. It was casual flirtation but she never thought it was everything she needed in her life.

It all started in the morning when Chaeyoung, her best friend talked her out to attend a party in the disguise that this be her “unofficial birthday party”. It was Jackson’s party to be exact but he was more than happy to accommodate her little celebration in his pad.

“Welcome. Welcome.” Jackson greeted them by the door as he gestures them to enter the house, scratch that it’s not a house, it’s a mansion.

“Thank you.” Chaeyoung beams excitedly as she steps inside dragging Jeongyeon with her.

It was never Jeongyeon’s scene. She isn’t anti-social or something, she just hates to be in a place where she will be reminded of how miserable her life has been in the past two years.

Blinding strobe lights, probably installed just for that night flashes before Jeongyeon’s eyes so she had to squint her eyes first to adjust to the dim lighted environment.

Everything is already repelling her. The unnecessary blasting music, the smoke and smell of cigarettes, the sinful activities of the students in the corners and the smell of sweat and puke, yes, she has a strong sense of smell.

“Let’s go get a drink.”

Chaeyoung offers but she immediately declines saying she hasn’t eaten yet. Her friend just nodded not insisting any further. She went alone to get a drink in the kitchen while Jeongyeon made herself comfortable in the living room, spotting an empty couch.

She plops herself finding it hard to believe that she has actually decided to be here when she has more important things to do like dread on the photo albums that belongs to her ex-girlfriend back on her apartment.

“Can I sit with you?” the voice is sweet like cotton candy if tasted and Jeongyeon couldn’t make out the face of the person asking her. She still nodded anyway.

She should’ve wore contact lenses. It’s impossible to see anything clearly at this point.

A pearly white smile flashes as the person sits, the stranger's body slightly facing her.

“You don’t seem to like parties.” Her implied question seems to be innocent but Jeongyeon knows she’s flirting with her because of how 'casual' her hand brushed against hers.

“I don’t know. I was just dragged here.” Jeongyeon replies as she observes her surrounding, trying to avoid the lustful eyes that is now boring her.

“So I assume you don’t do one night stands as well.”

She lets out a dry cough, taken aback of the blunt statement. The stranger just giggles at her reaction.

She tries to make out a word but only air comes out of . She looked like a goldfish as she opens and closes at her.

“Cute. A girl who likes emotional attachment when having .”

She didn’t notice the stranger has a beer with her not until she holds it up close to and sips from it after saying those words as innocently as possible, like she genuinely finds her cute for being one.

“Well, yeah. I think so.” She didn’t realize she said that.

“So the only thing left is for us to dance then.” the stranger stops sipping from the beer bottle and lays one hand on top of hers, immediately sending chills down her spine.

Jeongyeon was rendered frozen from the mere touch which the stranger finds it cute by the way.

“You don’t dance too? What are we gonna do then?” the strangers hand’s still on hers but thankfully she recovers quickly.

The stranger waits for her for an idea as she melts to the couch.

She thinks for a moment but found nothing interesting.

“How about we just talk?” she hesitated for a moment before adding, “It’ll be nice not to make mistakes even just for tonight.”

Silence. The stranger didn’t say anything and she thought she was gonna reject her but a smile curls up on her lips as she says, “Hmm, if we’re gonna talk, we have to introduce ourselves first then.”

“Makes sense. I’m Yoo Jeongyeon.”

She offers her hand and the stranger gladly takes it, “I’m Sana, Minatozaki Sana.”

Jeongyeon was about to compliment how her name suited her but they were interrupted by Chaeyoung who jumps on her out of nowhere, shouting a “Happy Birthday” on her ear as she locks the older one’s head on her arm.

Sana giggles at the scene and Jeongyeon smiles at her fully knowing they are still holdings hands.

She doesn’t want to let go anyway.