Endings

The Wedding

-1st of January, Year 2030

 

"Happy New Year" Ilhoon yelled at the top of his lungs. He popped a bottle of champagne and the loud noise made a little girl cry. Minhyuk, Eunkwang and Changsub scowled at him. "You brat! Mina is sleeping! Why are you so noisy?" Minhyuk said hushing the little girl on his arms. Mina flinched and cried more. "I am here, I am here." Eunkwang said.

 

"Oh... our sunshine. It's okay, it's okay" Eunkwang gestured to the little girl and she immediately transferred onto his arms. Minhyuk pouted. Changsub laughed at their antics. Celebrating new years with s has become their habit. They made sure they spend it with their families.

 

"Ah hyung... I just want to celebrate. I need to do something! This is my last year as a bachelor!" Ilhoon laughed and he stride his way to his fiancé. 

 

Naeun smiled and gave him a kiss in the cheek. They were basically childhood friends and they took their relationship really slowly. But when Ilhoon confessed to her last year, here they are, already tying the knot. They were in-love each with each other unknowingly.

 

Who would have thought that Ilhoon will be the second one who'll get married in BTOB?

 

"Yah! Yah! Stop that! Get your drinks! I am already depressed being loveless tonight! Cheeeeerssss!!!" Bomi shouted. 

 

Changsub sighed at the sight of Apink members drinking their hearts out. Clearly, these girls plan to get wasted tonight.

 

"To our second member who's getting married. Cheers!" Namjoo laughed. Changsub automatically scanned for the first one who got married in Apink.

 

Chorong. 

 

Her eyes sparkle brightly. Changsub could say that she's very happy. He continued staring for a while and he didn't noticed Sungjae was beside him speaking.

 

"Ah... It's been exactly five years hyung." Sungjae said

 

"Since... Eunkwang hyung's marriage proposal... right?" 

 

Changsub gave him a small nod.

 

//

-1st of January, Year 2025-

 

"Happy New Year!" Ilhoon and Sungjae shouted in combination. Changsub is feeling dizzy with all the loud noise and he's been drinking for a while now. Drinking one on one with Hyunsik is never a good idea. He had to bear with it because his poor dongsaeng is broken hearted and he also wanted some drink. 

They're both broken hearted.

Changsub shrugged his thoughts. He needs to be specially focused today for Eunkwang. He needs to set aside his feelings. 

 

As more bottles passed, Changsub becomes more evidently drunk. Peniel and Minhyuk joined them and decided to save him.

"We need to be careful tonight, Eunkwang should do his proposal perfectly." Minhyuk told them, smiling.

 

Just in time, Eunkwang came with his non-celebrity girlfriend Miyeon. His smile is so wide it could actually light up a room.

Changsub went to the mini-stage. He's the one designated to sing their song "I'll be here" after Minhyuk's cue. While he's feeling dizzy. He made sure that there'll be no problem. He saw Peniel accompanying a knocked out Hyunsik to their sleeping quarter.

 

The lights went out. 

 

This is the cue that the proposal is starting. Minhyuk looked at him and the song started. Pictures of Eunkwang and Miyeon being displayed on the screen.

 

His eyes caught apink members who came late because of a schedule from the faint light of the door.  He immediately searched for Chorong. He saw her. 

 

The girl who broke his heart.

 

Changsub tried smiling. He wanted to tell her that he understands. That he will still be there.

 

The music started and Changsub gave Chorong a small smile. 

 

The moment when I first met you

It still very clear

The moment you hug the poor me

 

I know the whole world become shiner

I felt it was different from yesterday

Because of you everything has changed

 

He looked at her while singing the song. He made a small smile. Chorong gave him a blank face but then she started wiping her face.

 

When I close my eyes, I see you again

In my head, I only think of you

I somehow, only for today

I want to say it to you

 

So you can be happy, you can always laugh

I will always be there

Every moments of moments

I promise to protect you

 

When you're tired, when the tears fall out

Just remember this one

You are more precious than me

I will hold your two hands, I'll be here

 

The lights went on and he took a good look at Chorong's face. She is crying. Changsub wanted to go to her immediately but he didn't want to break the momentum of the proposal.

 

Eunkwang had already grabbed a microphone. Miyeon has one of her hand covering her lips. The two of them are already sobbing.

"Miyeon-ah" Eunkwang smiled at her warmly, his voice is shaking. "I may not be the best guy in the world but I promise you that I will try to be the best for you. I will do anything for you. Truthfully, I really wanted to sing for you today but I am so nervous. I am having a mental breakdown but—"

 

Miyeon had already sealed his lips with a kiss. Eunkwang is smiling while crying. "Please marry me Miyeon-ah"

Miyeon wrapped him in an embrace. "Of course Oppa. Of course"

 

They all clapped happily. The BTOB Members hurriedly greeted Eunkwang but Changsub went to Chorong first. 

 

Chorong is crying uncontrollably. "Yah...It's okay. I'm okay..." Changsub said hushing her. She turned to him. To his surprise, Chorong gave him a hug. "I'm sorry Changsub-ah" She said crying 

 

"It's new year! Why are you crying that much? I want you to be happy. I understand." Changsub tapped her back. "I'm sorry for everything Changsubie" She muttered again. "Why are you saying sorry? I— I understand" Changsub muttered. A sharp pain stabbing his chest. She detached herself from their hug and excused herself.

 

For the rest of the night. Chorong stayed with her members. She did not talk to Changsub after what happened but Changsub caught her stealing glances. He shouldn't have started pushing things. It would have been so much better. 

 

"Look, I am also going to announce something"  This made Changsub snap from his thoughts. 

 

Chorong is on the mini-stage. She cleared and this made everbody look at her. 

Chorong said looking straightly at Changsub. Chorong made a loud exhale before saying...

"I am getting married."

 

//

 

-1st of January, Year 2028-

 

"Hani-ya!" Hyunsik smiled widely. Hani waved at him. She's busy grilling the meat so she just gave Hyunsik smiles as well. "Hyunsik hyung, it seems like yesterday I accompanied you to your room because you're so drunk and so broken hearted" Peniel muttered while shaking his head.

 

"Yeah. I hardly remember those days." Hyunsik said, his eyes still pealed on Hani. Changsub could only chuckle. Because of Hyunsik's broken heart, they've made a streak of successful ballads. They practically owned that "ballad-dol" title.

 

Changsub glanced at the girls preparing the meal.  All of them are laughing his thoughts were snapped when he heard Hyunsik say

 

"It's not like I am the only who's very much broken hearted that time. Right Changsub hyung?"

 

Changsub could only scowl. 

 

//

-1st of January, 2025- 

 

"I am getting married"  Chorong said while looking at him. As If she's trying to break the news slowly and clearly.

 

Changsub felt a knot on his chest. This very moment is hard to process. This is really happening.

 

Tears started to form in the corner of his eyes.

 

//

-1st or January, 2030-

 

They were all happily eating the meat that the girls made. They're all paying their attention to Mina who is sitting on Eunkwang's lap. The little girl is busy reaching out for the meat on the table. 

 

"Thank God, she looks like her mother" Eunkwang said and that made all of them laugh.

 

"Agree!" Chorong said. 

 

"I like holidays... I like spending time with you guys" Sungjae said randomly 

 

They laughed at his banter.

 

"Me too... I like celebrating like this because there're always surprises." Minhyuk laughed

 

"Speaking of surprises..." Eunkwang said pausing with a big smile plastered on his face. 

 

"Miyeon and I will be..."

 

They didn't let him finish his sentence. Everyone is busy gasping and congratulating him.

 

"Oh my God oppa. You guys waited for so long" Chorong said wiping her tears

Changsub smiled and once again he just witnessed another happy ending. 

He sighed. 

 

//

 

-The day Changsub finished his military service. Year 2022. -

 

Changsub fidgeted as he nervously waits for Chorong. She said that she'll be the one who'd pick him up. It was a promise they made years ago. 

 

A car stopped at the inspection gate and he's guessing it's her. 

 

Chorong went out wearing her typical loose tee and shorts. He furrowed his brows.

 

"Why are you wearing that?" Changsub said. Chorong just laughed and handed him an iced coffee. 

 

He immediately covered her with his army jacket. "Yah. You're so conservative" Chorong laughed "I just don't want them looking at you." He said non-chalantly. 

 

"You're funny. Why would you care? It's not like you are my boyfriend or something." Chorong said looking at him 

 

"Well I intend to be." Changsub said straightforwardly 

 

"What?" Chorong said, dumbfounded at what she's hearing.

 

"I like you Chorongie."  He bravely said reaching for her hand. "I've decided to confess after finishing my service." He said, his voice shaking.

 

"Wait. Changsub..." Chorong said muttering what she wanted to say. Tears forming on her eyes. 

 

// 

 

-1st of January, 2030-

 

Mina is now sleeping in the arms of Changsub. "I suggest you put her down already. I will look after them. Don't worry." Minhyuk laughed.

Changsub exhaled in frustration.

"Yeobo! Yeobo!" He tried to call her but to no avail.

"The girls are just happy that after 5 years, Miyeon and Eunkwang will finally tie the knot. Let her be." Minhyuk said patting his shoulder.

"Thank you hyung. Please look after my wife. She's such a poor drinker. She might get hurt if she trips or something." Changsub looked at her wife now hugging Eunkwang.

 

"Yah! Park Chorong!" Changsub said calling his tipsy wife. 

 

//

 

-1st of January, 2025-

 

"I am getting married" Chorong said looking at Changsub. 

 

She lets go of the mic and walked toward Changsub who's eyes are now tearing up. 

 

"I am sorry Changsubie. I declined you when you asked for marriage. I was afraid that I might hurt your career. I am ready to give up my career for you and take care of you for the rest of my life. But y-you... We are not the same. I am afraid but tonight I realised... I can't reject you. I'll also be here for you-"  Chorong's explanation was ended by Changsub's kiss.

 

She doesn't need to explain. Changsub understood where she was coming from. 

 

Changsub knows he can't live another day without her that's why he asked for her hand. 

 

"I love you Chorongie. Thank you." He enclosed her in an embrace. 

 

A wild cheering was heard later. "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" BTOB and APINK members now surrounding them. 

 

//

-1st Year of January, 2030-

 

Changsub smiled while putting a blanket on his already knocked out wife. He turned off the lights when he heard her say something.

 

"Chorongie?" He said gauging his sleeping wife

"Changsubie, Im sorry." She said while reaching for his embrace.

 

He laughed reaching for his wife. He pulled her into a hug. He touched her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

 

"You are always saying sorry Chorongie." He chuckled. "Where's Mina?" She mumbled

 

"Our daughter is sleeping. Don't worry." Changsub muttered hugging his wife tightly. 

"Okay." She smiled

 

////

 

Year 2022. The day Changsub confessed. 

 

"Wait Changsub..." Chorong said tears flowing from her eyes 

 

"Why are you crying? I am just confessing. I liked you for a long time now. Im sorry." Changsub said panicking

 

"I thought this wouldn't happen in my lifetime." Chorong cried. "I like you too. Idiot. Why did you have to wait for so long to confess?" Chorong dropped the jacket that was covering her legs because she reached to him for a hug and that very moment, they shared their first kiss.

 

 

 

——

 

A/N:

I made this one shot a few months ago and so I decided to publish it today. How was it? *laughs*  Is it confusing? Partly heartbreaking? Haha. Please leave me comments. I want to know if the flow was okay

Thank you!

 

Love,

Orange