Fin

Halloween Special

Ring Ring Ring

 

Sua grumbled as she didn’t want to wake up to whoever was calling her. She left her phone continuously ring until it stopped. She smiled knowing that they wouldn’t bother her again as she went back to sleep.

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

Sua groaned in irritation at her own phone and picked up without checking the caller ID.

 

“You better have a good reason to be calling me at,” She glanced at her clock to prove her point. “3:33 in the morning.” She huffed as the other person on the line stayed silent and then they hung up the phone. Sua looked at her phone to see who called her but the ID just showed up at Unknown. She groaned as she threw her phone back onto the nightstand and tried to fall back to sleep until her phone rang again. “Hello!” She said in irritation at whoever was calling her in the middle of the night without any reason. All she heard was heavy breathing and that was all it took for Sua to look at the caller ID again which still said Unknown. She quickly ended the call and hid in her blankets.

 

Her phone rang again and this time she looked at the caller ID which still said Unknown. Sua froze at the sight of her phone being called by the same Unknown person again. She threw her phone away and grabbed her keys without getting dressed properly. She only took her wallet as she left the house without locking it. She hurried to her car and started driving off to the place she knew was the best place to call home.

 

Her girlfriend’s house.

 

After a couple of minutes, Sua parked in front of an apartment she knew all too well. She sighed knowing that she wasn’t supposed to come to her place unannounced but what was she supposed to do. She was scared for her life as something strange was happening that night and she didn’t know what was going on. She entered the apartment door with the spare key her girlfriend gave her.

 

She could still hear the person’s heavy breathing whispering in her ear. The sound sent chills down her spine. She shook her head and began running up the stairs as the elevator was going to take too much time to get to her room. By the time, she made it to her girlfriend’s room she rang the doorbell while she kept glancing from one end of the hallway to the other. She didn’t like feeling so helpless to something she couldn’t see. She waited a long time before the door opened revealing a tired Yoohyeon with some bad bed hair.

 

“Sua Unnie?” She questioned as she tiredly rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. “What are you doing here? You know you're supposed to call me whenever you want to come over.” Yoohyeon sternly said as she didn't see the state her girlfriend was in. Sua trembled slightly in fear as she quickly looked at Yoohyeon hoping her girlfriend would understand but she didn't. “Sua, it's too early in the morning for this.” She yawned as she crossed her arms still waiting for an answer. Sua panicked at the fact that she might not have someone there to protect her from whatever seems to be bothering her.

 

“Uhm,” She started not knowing how to explain the events that had just happened. She started fidgeting with her hands and feet which Yoohyeon still didn't take notice and the longer Sua procrastinated the answer the more she thought how childish she seemed. “I just wanted a hug from you since I missed you so much,” Sua said as she didn’t look at Yoohyeon in the eyes. She found her fingers interesting and began playing with them until she heard a sigh coming from Yoohyeon.

 

“Come here,” Yoohyeon whispered as she motioned Sua to come into her opening embrace which Sua didn’t hesitate into jumping into. She couldn’t help but tremble as she let the fear overcome her. She didn’t like feeling so helpless, but she was okay as long as she was with Yoohyeon. “Sua Unnie?... Is everything okay?” Yoohyeon questioned as she felt the tremors that were being produced from her lover. Sua only nodded her head as she mumbled.

 

“I’m okay just a little cold from outside.” Sua lied as she pulled Yoohyeon closer to her. Sua however shook her head and got her out of the embrace. “I just needed a hug so I’m going to on my way home now.” She attempted not to burden her stressed out girlfriend. She didn’t like being so clingy to Yoohyeon as she was the one in need of sleep and yet here, she was at her doorstep just because of one simple breathing heavily phone call. Sua froze at the mere thought of listening to the deep breathing again.

 

Yoohyeon nodded as she pulled her into her apartment and closed her front door. Sua looked at Yoohyeon as she was confused as what was happening. She guided Sua to her bed as the older one refused to let go.

 

Yoohyeon was generally worried and awake to think about going to sleep. She pushed Sua into her bed and decided that she wasn’t risking having her girlfriend go out in the night looking like someone just haunted her. Plus, she didn’t want anyone else who was up at 4 in the morning to be checking out her girlfriend who was in a very short tank top that revealed her rib cage and her pale, toned and flat stomach not to mention her shorts were even more questionable as they rode up to the point that it defined her . Yoohyeon wasn’t having anyone see her girlfriend with hungry eyes except for her. Sua’s body underneath the clothing was only for her when the time comes but not for anyone else.

 

“You’re going to stay the night here. It’s too early to go home and plus you are shivering.” Yoohyeon reasoned as she placed Sua under the blankets of her bed and situated herself into them as well. She felt Sua’s cold skin nip at her skin and she was beginning to feel cold as well. She also felt that Sua was slightly trembling and all she could do was pull her closer. “You’re going to be alright I’m here, Sua Unnie.” Yoohyeon kissed the older girl’s forehead before tightening her grip on her. She couldn’t believe that she didn’t notice that her girlfriend was so distraught the moment she opened up the door but no matter she was there now, and nothing was ever going to hurt her again.

 

Morning… well a couple hours later kind of morning where the sun is actually shining

 

Yoohyeon woke up to the smell of ramen which made she come out of bed. She saw her girlfriend in a ponytail as well as her back was facing her. Yoohyeon thought it was a great idea to sneak up on Sua and when she did, she wrapped her arms around her and breathed into her ear in a low voice and said.

 

“Hey.” Sua dropped everything she was holding and froze. She slowly turned to the source of the hey and found her girlfriend looking at her confused.

 

“Ya!” Sua tried to play it off as a normal thing. “Don’t scare me like that.” She hit Yoohyeon on the chest, but her nerves got to her and it was a light hit. Much lighter than Yoohyeon was used to but Sua kept hitting her to throw her off that she let one simple hey get to her. Yoohyeon grabbed Sua’s wrists as she felt Sua’s hands tremble and her eyes full of fear.

 

“My noble, what’s wrong?” Yoohyeon pulled Sua into a hug as she began feeling guilty for something she didn’t know about. Something happened to Sua and she didn’t know what to do. Sua only shook her head as she tried to smile it off.

 

“It’s nothing my puppy. Nothing I can't handle.” Sua pulled herself away from Yoohyeon a bit to rest her forehead on Yoohyeon’s. “I just got a call from someone,” Sua said but didn’t explain any further. Yoohyeon waited for Sua to continue but she didn’t. Yoohyeon pouted at the fact that her girlfriend wasn’t being honest with her, so she pinched Sua’s cheek. “Yoohyeonie,” Sua whined as she tried to get Yoohyeon to stop pinching her.

 

“Sua-nie” Yoohyeon whined back in the same tone while having a smile plastered on her face. “You want to tell me what happened after the call.” Sua dropped her hand from Yoohyeon’s and began playing with her finger.

 

“No,” Sua whispered as she suddenly found her fingers the most interesting thing in the world.

 

“Why?” Yoohyeon questioned as she continued to look at her girlfriend. Sua looked up to meet Yoohyeon’s eyes for a split second before going back to her fingers.

 

“You’ll think it’s a dumb reason,” Sua said and all Yoohyeon could see how childish Sua was acting given that she was older than her.

 

“I won’t judge you.” Yoohyeon soothingly said to Sua as she began caressing her cheek rather than pinching it.

 

“Promise,” Sua looked up at Yoohyeon and brought up her pinky to make sure that they promise was real. Yoohyeon locked her pinky finger with Sua’s and stamped it with her thumb to make it even more real.

 

“I promise.” Sua nodded.

 

“I got a call from someone at 3 a.m.” She started and Yoohyeon already got shivers as Sua came to her house at around 4. “I picked up at around 3:33 and all I could hear was heavy breathing on the other line.” Sua continued as Yoohyeon could only raise her eyebrows at Sua’s story. “I looked at the caller ID and it said Unknown, so I hung up, but they kept calling over and over again.” Sua trembled as Yoohyeon pulled her close as she knew that Sua had a deep fear of ghosts.

 

“Oh, my little noble,” Yoohyeon kissed Sua’s nose as she pulled Sua closer to her. She looked into Sua’s eyes and was about to kiss her until her phone rang. “I swear my phone is out to get me,” Yoohyeon mumbled under her breath as she left Sua alone to grab her phone. The caller ID said Jiu. “Do you realize what you just ruined?” Yoohyeon whined into the phone while Sua was blushing as she was calming down her heart for various reasons.

 

“Sorry, but I had to call it’s important,” Jiu said in a concerned voice. Yoohyeon raised her eyebrow. “You know how today is Halloween and all right?” Jiu continued in a rushed voice.

 

“Yeah, what about it? Unless, if you are trying to get me to dress up as a dog than no thank you, I’d rather be something scary than lovable for a change.” Yoohyeon sighed as she ran her hand through her hair.

 

“No, it’s not that. I wanted to pull a prank on someone.” Jiu said as she was silent afterward.

 

“What kind of prank are you doing?”

 

“Well, you see… I’ve already done it…. To your girlfriend…” Jiu slowly said as she waited for Yoohyeon’s reaction.

 

“What did you do?” Yoohyeon growled at her best friend as she looked over at her girlfriend.

 

“I kind of called her early this morning with my other friend's phone and well… I was heavy breathing and constantly calling her to the point that she wasn’t picking up anymore. I also went by her house to apologize but no one was there except for a broken cell phone and a messed-up room… also, her house door was unlocked… I think your girlfriend is missing…” Jiu said while Yoohyeon was fuming at the fact that she had a scared girlfriend in her apartment just because Jiu wanted to have fun on Halloween day.

 

“I know where she is Jiu Unnie, but you have to promise me to never and I mean never pull a ghost prank on my girlfriend.” Yoohyeon tried threatening Jiu in her most serious tone.

 

“What why? It’s so fun to tease your girlfriend.” Jiu retorted.

 

“Because I don’t want my girlfriend leaving her house at 3 in the morning to drive to my place almost in this weather might I add. She could have been taken or killed just because you woke her up just to pull a prank on her. I don’t think you’ll appreciate if you had a loved one running around in a bra and shorts that could be mistaken as in the brink of dawn while people are just getting ready to leave clubs all intoxicated.” Yoohyeon lectured Jiu which was a first, but she had to do it because her girlfriend was still in her those clothes while she resumed cooking. Yoohyeon didn’t even listen to what Jiu was saying and hung up the phone. She walked over to Sua and wrapped her arms in front of Sua. “I love you and I’ll protect you from anyone who makes you scared okay,” Yoohyeon whispered in Sua’s ears before pecking her on the cheek. She smiled to herself as she saw Sua’s ears slowly turn red. “I’ll always be there for you and you can always run to my apartment when people call your phone to breath in it.” Yoohyeon teased. Sua spun around as she pouted.

 

“Mau, no ramen for you then.” Sua sulked as she turned off the stove.

 

“I’m sorry, Love, it was too soon to joke about it right? Right??” Sua kissed Yoohyeon's lips before seating herself at the table.

 

"Trick or treat. Yoohyeon, I believe I just gave you a treat no more whining." Sua winked at her while Yoohyeon retorted with.

 

"That treat wasn't enough though." She pouted.

 

"I love you too now get your over here and help me eat this ramen." Yoohyeon smiled at Sua and they started eating their breakfast.