-ion

-ion | ONESHOT

"I'll be returning your test papers in order for you to know where you lack on this subject" the physics teacher said as she pushes her glasses up with her right index finger ans her left hand carries a bunch of paper. "Some of you got surprisingly high scores....and some of you got surprisingly low" the teacher added, having eye contact with this small girl at the back who gulped nervously on the sudden contact.

She knows it was her who flunked the test.

The teacher walked around the room to distribute the papers to the respective owners. When she finally reahed the small girl who got a low score, she slammed the paper on the poor girl's desk.

"I don't know what happened to you, miss Kim Taeyeon" the teacher said with a disappointed head shake before walking away. The class got quiet on the sudden scene at the back. Some had their eyes glued at Taeyeon, but some cant even look at her direction.

"Pst" Taeyeon's seatmate called before peeking on Taeyeon's desk. "Are you okay?" He whispered. 

Taeyeon stared at the test paper for a quick minute before crumpling it into a ball and threw it inside her bag.

"What happened?" Her seatmate asked. Taeyeon sighed.

"I didn't get to visit her this past week" Taeyeon said, her seatmate frowned with her. "My grandmother got sick and no one can watch over her, that's why I go straight home after class"

"Do you want me to watch over grandma Kim later?" her seatmate asked with a cute and sincere smile, Taeyeon's heart melted. She felt thankful to have a friend like Minho.

"Are you sure?" She asked. Minho nodded fast, assuring the latter that he really wanted to look over her grandmother this afternoon. "She's feeling a little better now, just a few coughs. I just need to be there for her if she needs anything" she added.

"I got you" Minho said with a wink. 

Taeyeon smiled. "Thank you so much" she said, Minho smiled back.

"Does she know?" He asked, Taeyeon shook her head slowly. "Uh oh" he said, his eyes filled with worry. "Did you at least text her?"

"...no" Taeyeon whispered as she lower herself down her chair, feeling guilty.

"You better meet her later, and tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after and—" Minho said, but Taeyeon cut his words.

"Yeah, I need to make it up to her" Taeyeon said, Minho nodded. 

~~~~

Time flew rather fast today. Taeyeon was mostly spacing out throughout the lessons right after the physics subject— thinking about what to say to that person. Thinking about how that person would react. Thinking about what that person would say.

"Hey" a voice interrupted her thoughts. "Class is over. You ready?" Minho asked.

Taeyeon looked up on the tall guy who's standing beside her desk, offering his hand to help her stand up. Taeyeon didn't grab it because she fixed her stuff, putting the mess on her desk to her bag before standing up on her own.

"I'll drive you there" Minho offered in which Taeyeon couldn't decide to say yes or no.

But she let Minho drive her to that house.

The house wasn't that far from their school, just a few blocks away and they finally arrived atthe place.

Minho looked over to the person sitting shotgun, who is staring straight ahead.

"Don't be too nervous, she's not a monster" Minho said. Taeyeon finally looked at him. "Go" he said. Taeyeon nodded.

She got out of the car and slammed the door behind her. Minho let out one quick beep before driving away to Taeyeon's house, to look over Grandma Kim. Taeyeon walked towards the front door with heavy footsteps and stared at the brown wooden door for a little while.

She took a deep breath as she close her eyes and finally pressed the doorbell. She was welcomed by this tall man who has his apron on and the kitchen smells like chocolate chip cookies. 

"Ah! Taeyeon! Long time no see!" He said rather excitedly, gesturing for Taeyeon to walk in. 

"Hello Mr. Hwang, is Tiffany here?" Taeyeon politely asked, the man let out a soft laugh. 

"Where else will she be?" He said, Taeyeon smiled but she felt sad on the inside. "She's on her room, I don't know if she's asleep or watching Netflix" he said.

Taeyeon bowed before excusing herself to go to Tiffany's room. She stared at the pink door that has stickers that spells Tiffany's name. She gave a door a soft knock before turning the knob and opening the door gently.

"Taetae!" Tiffany screamed with her arms open wide in the air, asking for a hug from the small girl.

Taeyeon walked in and closed the door behind her gently before walking towards the huge pink bed and dropping her bag on the floor just beside the bed.

She hugged the beautiful girl without any hesitation. They stayed like that for a little while. "I've missed you" Tiffany whispered on Taeyeon's neck. Taeyeon hugged the latter tighter. "...where have you been?" She asked. Taeyeon pulled away when she heard a small sniff. 

She pulled out her handkerchief from her pocket and wiped the beautiful girl's tear. "I'm sorry Tiffany" she said, the latter pouted. "Grandma was sick. Mom and dad couldn't watch over her so I had to go home as soon as class ends" she explained. Tiffany punched her rather weakly.

"You should've texted me!" She said, tears flowing down her eyes continuously which Taeyeon wiped with her bear thumb.

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worry" Taeyeon said. Tiffany didn't answer but frowned and crossed her arms instead before looking away. "We had a test last Monday and the teacher returned it today" Taeyeon said, Tiffany looked at her. 

Taeyeon bent down to get the crumpled paper (which she intended to throw after class but forgot about it) and handed over to Tiffany.

Tiffany opened the crumpled paper and her eyebrows furrowed. Taeyeon gulped.

"This one's easy!" Tiffany said, throwing the paper to Taeyeon's chest "That's what you get for not coming over" she added, Taeyeon laughed. "it's not funny!" Tiffany said, Taeyeon scooted closer.

"Please teach me physics, so I can ask the teacher if I can retake the test and get a higher score" she whispered and their eyes met. Taeyeon's heart bounced and Tiffany felt hers squeeze. Where was the nervous Taeyeon from earlier?

"Fine" Tiffany sat up properly and Taeyeon did the same. "Give me your book" she asked, Taeyeon did so. Tiffany furiously went through the pages of the book to find the right chapter that contains the coverage of the test that Taeyeon failed. "You did the wrong formula. Give me a paper and pen" Tiffany said again, and Taeyeon did. 

Tiffany pulled the pen cap and started to write stuff on the paper rather seriously, while Taeyeon on the other hand couldn't stop staring at her. 

Taeyeon examined how perfect Tiffany's face was. From her eyebrows, lashes, eyes, nose...lips, moles. Etc. Taeyeon already has Tiffany's face memorized, but she thinks that there's nothing better than seeing those features up close. 

Tiffany has her hair tied up in messy bun and her fringe a little curly. She's wearing a simple white shirt and her lower body is covered by her pink blanket. 

"That's the correct formula for this first—" Tiffany's sentence was cut when she looked up and caught Taeyeon staring at her. "Yah are you even listening?!" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed again, which Taeyeon finds attractive. Still. Everything Tiffany do is attractive for Taeyeon. "You wanted to retake the test to have a high score but it's you who—" Tiffany's sentence was cut once again when a pair of lips captured hers.

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon said after pulling away from the sudden kiss and showed a small smile "I just missed you" she added, Tiffany rolled her eyes before going through Taeyeon's physics book again.

Taeyeon watches Tiffany's every move. From the movement of her eyes as she reads through the book, to the movement of hand as she writes numbers and the solutions for the different problems, and to how her lips move as she explain each and every part of the lesson. Tiffany was talking and Taeyeon couldn't absorb a single word coming out of .

"You're not listening" Tiffany said, slamming the book and throwing it to the floor "Teaching you is useless if you're this distracted" she said before going inside her blanket, covering her body completely. 

Taeyeon sighed when she figured that she should control herself. Tiffany is her motivation—her inspiration. But at the same time, she's her distraction. How can she not be distracted with that beauty?

"Fany-ah" Taeyeon said softly, Tiffany didn't even flinch. Taeyeon sighed again before pulling the blanket down slowly, revealing the beautiful (angry) girl that has her eyes closed. "I'm sorry" she whispered before kissing Tiffany's cheek. "You're so beautiful, I just can't help but to stare at you" she added, Tiffany didn't respond. "I missed you so much, and I'm sorry for not contacting you this past week. I won't do it again, I promise" Taeyeon said before pulling in for a kiss, but Tiffany is too quick. She turned her face and she catches Taeyeon's lips onto hers.

"I missed you too Taetae" she said after pulling away.

Tiffany sat up again before giving Taeyeon a tight hug. "I'm sorry for being angry" she whispered on Taeyeon's neck again.

"You have nothing to say sorry for, Fany-ah" Taeyeon said, hugging the latter tighter. They stayed like that for a few minutes before an idea popped into Taeyeon's head. "Wanna go out for a quick walk?" Taeyeon said after putting away from the hug, Tiffany's face brightened. "I mean, stroll?" She added. Tiffany rolled her eyes and slapped Taeyeon's arm playfully.

Tiffany got into an accident two months ago. She and her dad was riding their motorcycle on the way to the market when a dog suddenly crossed the street, causing them to avert directions and bumped onto a pole. Her dad got a minor back injury and Tiffany's right leg got heavily injured because the motorcycle dropped exactly on her right leg.  With that, Tiffany couldn't attend school and that's why Taeyeon has been visiting her every day since the accident. Since Tiffany is the top student of their class, she willingly helps Taeyeon on the subjects where in she's having a hard time coping up with. That's why they missed each other so much.

Taeyeon pulled the pink blanket down to the edge of the pink bed so that Tiffany can scoot over and sit on the side of the bed, it revealed that Tiffany was wearing black comfy shorts and her right leg was covered with a white cast. 

Taeyeon cleared the way by putting her bag some place else before pulling over Tiffany's wheelchair. She helped Tiffany on standing uo and moving over to sit on the wheelchair. Once she was settled, Taeyeon gave Tiffany a quick kiss on the lips. "I love you" she whispered. 

"I love you too" Tiffany answered.

They got out of the house for a quick stroll—just the cold wind and the lovely presence of each other—before have a quick tutor session with the less distracted Taeyeon.