final

You & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You & I

“Doyoung c’mon, at least unlock the door!”

“Only if you promise not to go and search for it.” Doyoung mumbled bored for the nth time since the young vampire woke him up. He knew that this would happen. In fact he had predicted every move that the other would make that’s why he hid the keys so well. Yuta was just that predictable.

“No! I’m not even asking for you to come with me. I’ll go alone. What’s your problem?” Yuta whined shaking Doyoung (who was wrapped in his warm blanket still trying to sleep).

“I told you. I’ll go and find it when the Halloween period is over.”

The lavender haired vampire sighed and kneeled next to the other. “I guess you really don’t want to go to the humans’ world, huh?”

“Congratulations genius! That’s what I’ve been telling you for almost a week now!” Doyoung finally got up looking straight into his boyfriend’s deep blue eyes. Yes you read it right, boyfriend.

 The thing was, Doyoung really, really hated the “human” world. You see Halloween was a big celebration for the humans, giving them the opportunity to dress up as anything they wanted. However, in their world, Halloween was the period when they could enter the human world. They could just blend in without being worried if someone’s fangs, tail, pointy ears or whatever else distinguished them from humans was visible. Humans just thought it was part of their “costume”.  

Let’s just say it wasn’t Doyoung’s favorite holiday. Yuta always said that it’s because he’s a scaredy cat (that’s also partly the reason they’re in this situation). But he would never admit that. He wasn’t scared of humans, nor their weird way of life. Okay maybe he didn’t like those fast things they called cars (last time he went to the human world he almost got hit by one) or all the lights and the tall buildings of their cities. Or those cell phones. Or the way they dressed and their weird foods and drinks. And humans in general. It wasn’t his fault that they were stupid! How could they believe that they were the only creatures in this world? Of course they’ve heard stories and fairytales about werewolves, vampires and warlocks but that’s it. They were only myths.

But Doyoung, as a witch and a creature of the magic world (a world that was parallel to the one of humans) knew that everything was possible. Even in their world, many didn’t believe the existence of many mythical creatures. (Of course the witch wasn’t one of them).

Yuta actually was an example like that. Before he and his family moved to Doyoung’s town two years ago, many questioned the existence of vampires. Vampires were said to live in the northern part of their land, where snow was thick and the sunlight weak. That was actually true as the witch later found out, but many things that he’d heard about vampires were just half truths.

 

 

When Yuta first came to their school everyone was skeptical about him. Except Doyoung who was excited that he could finally meet a vampire in real life. (Take that stupid Ten, you never believed me when I was saying that vampires existed). He even offered to share his dorm with Yuta as his previous roommate Taeil, a sweet and quite wizard, has graduated the previous year.

Ten, his pixie best friend, didn’t trust the vampire at all. And he made that clear to Doyoung. On top of that, Taeyong and Jaehyun were also wary of him. So Doyoung was alone in befriending the newcomer from his group of friends.

 It got worse when Yuta finally moved in with him. That’s when he learned that vampires do drink blood. Only blood. He noticed that during lunch Yuta never ate anything but he decided not to comment it as he didn’t want to make the new boy uncomfortable. Although he had heard stories of vampires brutally killing their victims by all their blood, he never imagined it was true. Or half true as he soon found out.

 After a week of living together with the other (and being scared for his life thanks to Ten- “What if he attacks you when you’re sleeping?” “Ugh, Ten shut the up or you’ll sleep in my room tonight) he found the courage to ask the vampire where he was going every afternoon.

~

“Oh you’re back…” Doyoung stated as Yuta entered their shared room. “Uhm, w-where are you going every other a-afternoon?” He continued as the other took off his jacket and sat on his bed. “I don’t mean to pry or anything! Just noticed a pattern…”

“Hunting. I have to eat too you know” the vampire replied while lighting up a candle. The sun was already down, the days getting darker as winter was coming.

To say that Doyoung was shocked would be an understatement. “What do you mean by hunting? What do you hunt? And why don’t you eat at the cafeteria like the rest of us? Oh my, so it IS true-”

“Hey hey, calm down” Yuta interrupted his blabbering. “I’m a vampire. I can’t eat your food. I only drink blood. And I am hunting for animals in the forest.”

“You hunt animals? D-Don’t you kill anything else, like I don’t know fairies, elves, w-witches?” He gulped. What if the answer was yes? What if Yuta was hiding his murderous tendencies and now that he knew about his secret-

“Many vampires do. But mostly the corrupted ones. You know like the werewolves that go crazy and run to the mountains. That’s what you’ve heard of vampires? Well, now everything makes sense…” The vampire said skeptically.

“What do you mean?”

“You know, when we first met you were very friendly but then something was off. I guess you were scared of me.” The purple haired smirked at him making him flustered.

“It’s not my fault! Everything I know about vampires is based on books and myths. Some students also talked and stuff, and I couldn’t help it. But you sure don’t feed from any other creature, right?”

“Yes Doyoung. And besides I wouldn’t kill you, it’d be a waste. So don’t worry.” He winked at the witch who felt his cheeks burn.

“You don’t have to kill me to drink my blood.”

“Wh-what? Um…I…Uh… Ki-killing someone for their blood is d-different from just “feeding” from them. At least to vampires.”

“Huh? Wha-”

“Sorry I have to go!” Yuta screamed suddenly and quickly left the room. Okay. What the hell was that? He had never seen Yuta that disturbed before. And what was all that bull he was talking about?

~

Well, not that bull after all, Doyoung had thought some days after the incident. As he got more curious in vampires (Okay! Maybe in Yuta. He was just so intimidating and made him feel butterflies in his tummy every time he talked to him-which was a lot as they spent all their time together-but that’s a different story), he searched more about the bloodthirsty creatures in the library. That’s when he found out that when vampires feed from another vampire (or nowadays any other creature-in the old days when the book was written inter-species relationships were a taboo for their society) it means they have a special bond. Like soul mates. And it’s very special for them. That’s why Yuta was so embarrassed that day. (Of course when he returned to their dorm he was just like his good old self, like nothing had happened).

 

And as the weeks passed Doyoung learned more and more about vampires. And the rest of the students had warmed up to him and realized that most of the things they heard about vampires were lies. Many were jealous of how close Doyoung was with the other as the handsome vampire had gained some fangirls. You couldn’t really blame them. Yuta was breathtaking. His once threatening fangs now made him even ier, the unusual blue of his eyes created a mysterious aura around him. His violet hair fell just the right way on his well sculptured face and his skin pale but not in a sick way like vampires were believed to have. And even though he was shorter then Doyoung (just a bit) and not full of muscles, his athletic body made everyone lust after him.

 

 

But Doyoung had also opened up to Yuta. And after some months and a lot of pining after each other (“You’re both so obvious” Ten always said) Yuta finally confessed to him. There weren’t many changes about their relationship. Just more skinship, a lot making out sessions and maybe sometimes cuddling and sharing a bed when they were in their sweet mode (Taeyong-their cat hybrid friend- was responsible for that name. He said that it was when they weren’t bickering at each other and acted more like a real couple, like him and Jaehyun his werewolf boyfriend).

 

However Doyoung regretted something. And that’s the other reason that they’re locked in their room with Yuta sulking next to him and mumbling that their relationship is one sided and that Doyoung doesn’t love him.

You see, Doyoung truly believed that everything was possible. And that meant that he also believed that zombies existed. Yes, it’s stupid. Even in their world were mermaids lived in the seas and everything you could imagine was walking their lands, believing that the dead returned to kill and tear down everything was stupid. But the young witch couldn’t understand why everyone thought that all the stories they’ve heard about zombies were just myths. And Yuta was one of them. And he insisted that zombies weren’t real. That it’s not possible for the dead to wake up and walk around. 

According to a legend, the dead got out of their graves during the Halloween period to kill and eat every living creature. And Doyoung was petrified by that. That is also why he hated Halloween. However, his sweet lovable boyfriend decided to make his life goal to prove that zombies aren’t real. And as Doyoung is a very competitive person, he took the vampire’s bet to visit the old cemetery and find out once and for all.

~

“If I die it would be your fault. Even worse if they bite me and I become like them…Ugh I hate you! Why did I ever listen to you! I know that zombies are real already! If I die and return as a zombie you would be my first victim! And no. I won’t kill you. I’ll make sure you’ll become a stupid zombie too, your perfect face all rotten and ugly!” Doyoung hadn’t stopped talking for one second since they left for the cemetery. And despite only blaming Yuta for everything he was pressed against the vampire’s side hugging his arm tightly. It was really dark as they waited for the sun to go down. The old graveyard was not that far from their school but as their campus was located close to the forest, it was a spooky trip till there. And dangerous since they barely saw were they were going. The witch insisted that light would attract the undead.

“Okay. First of all, nothing’s gonna happen because they aren’t real. Second, if you become a zombie-which you won’t- according to YOU zombies are too stupid that’s why all this time they hadn’t gone out of the graveyard so I don’t think you’ll be able to find me. And also, I’m fluttered that you find my face perfect but don’t those childish stories that you believe say that vampires can’t be turned into zombies?”

“Shut up smartass .And I still don’t know why vampires can’t be turned as zombies once bitten”

“Maybe because some legends say that we’re already dead. And since you believe those myths you also believe that. Ha jokes on you Dons cause you had with a corpse. Willingly.”

“What the ?! You’re disgusting!” Doyoung squealed and let go of Yuta walking ahead of him. “C’mon idiot let’s just get over with this quickly”

 

Doyoung had to admit it. It was amusing seeing Yuta jump at every sound. He was terrified but he didn’t expect the vampire to be too.

“It’s the old trees and gothic architecture. Not that I believe any zombie would jump at me or anything.” The vampire whispered when Doyoung mocked him for the nth time that night.

“Weren’t you raised in a city with only gothic architecture? And I thought you were the manly man that wasn’t scared of anything-”

“Shh”

“What the-? Oh so you can-”

“No Doyoung shut up! Do you hear that?” The blue eyed boy whispered-shouted while trying to find where the sound came.

“What did you hear again? And owl or something?” Doyoung was tired and really wanted to go home. Maybe the zombies hadn’t woken yet.

“No it sounds like steps! , its dark. Use your magic or something for light.” (Yes Doyoung could create light with his magic but his powers were still pretty limited).

“Steps?” Doyoung paused for a bit to hear better as they were walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter