For love

Beloved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Halloween everyone. Here is my Joyri contribution for Halloween. Joy and Yeri are from feuding vampire families but it doesn’t stop them from falling in love.


 

It’s raining when an auburn-haired woman makes her way down to the beach where her blonde lover is waiting for her. It’s been weeks now since she has had the chance to see her love, and the first chance she gets it’s to see her. It’s hard when you can’t be with the woman you love, and it’s even harder when it’s because of your families not getting along with one another. Sooyoung stops when she gets closer to where the blonde is.

 

“Yerim?”

 

The shorter blonde turns around when she hears Sooyoung call her name. She’s already sensed her coming and smiles when she sees the taller woman. The blonde’s bright honey colored eyes meet the auburn-haired woman’s crimson eyes. It’s especially hard when you’re a centuries old vampire in love with another centuries old vampire, and your families are sworn enemies. The taller vampire walks over and touches the side of Yerim’s face. The blonde simply leans into her touch. It’s feeling like longer now since they’ve been apart and all Yerim wants to do is lean up and kiss those perfect and soft red lips. As if hearing her thoughts Sooyoung leans down to kiss her. It’s slow and soft at first, but heats up quickly. Yerim places her arms around her shoulders to deepen the kiss.


 

Sooyoung wants to make every moment they have count. There is no telling when she will be able to get away to see Yerim. The auburn-haired woman just wants for Yerim to feel all of her feelings, wants, desires in this kiss. She hopes that she knows how strongly she feels for her, their families aside. The Parks and Kims are two of the oldest vampire families and instead of being friends or allies. They are both feuding and it affects their two daughters. Logically, Park Sooyoung knew she should have fought her feelings harder as it would no doubt upset her parents if they knew she loved the daughter of their long time enemy. It was nearly impossible to fight her feelings and after a while she just stopped trying.

 

Kim Yerim also knew her own parents would be furious if they knew she has fallen in love with their sworn enemy’s daughter. She did try her best to stay away from Sooyoung and turn off her feelings. She simply failed at doing so, and it’s why they sneak around as they can. It’s not like either of the women want to sneak around, but at this moment in time they don’t have much choice. Sooyoung breaks the kiss and gently takes one of her hands.

 

“It feels like it’s been too long, Yerim.”

 

“It’s been about 14 days.”

 

“Those are fourteen days too long.” The taller vampire sighs and sits down with her. She wraps an arm around the shorter woman and they sit in comfortable silence. It wasn’t always like this. They did try to live up to what their parents would have wanted and once they did try to kill each other.

 

(Flashback)

 

Sooyoung blocked the blade of the blonde’s sword with her own. She has to fight Yerim because it’s what her family would want of her. It’s been many centuries since this feud between the Parks and Kim’s first began, and it’s been going on even longer than she herself became a vampire. The shorter woman doesn’t want to hurt her either and she can tell. They’re both simply doing what their families would want.

 

“I don’t want to hurt you,” Yerim admits as she brings her blade forward again. Sooyoung strikes too but it’s not to actually cause any harm to Yerim. They’ve actually spent time together talking, getting to know one another, and there has always been an attraction on both their ends. Sooyoung thought at first maybe she was attracted because Yerim was someone she’s not supposed to have. It became clear that it wasn’t that at all. The taller vampire knew she was simply attracted because not only was Yerim beautiful. She enjoyed her laugh, smile, and talking to her for many hours of conversations. It was the same for Yerim who had tried to deny her own attraction for Sooyoung as it would upset her parents. However, it was hard to pretend she didn’t look forward to seeing the woman or talking to her.

 

“What are we doing, hm?” The crimson-eyed vampire says softly as she pulls her sword back completely. “I’m not going to keep trying to hurt you, because my family want this.”

 

“Neither will I.” Yerim agrees and puts her own sword back in it’s holder. There is no point trying to kill each other all for their parents. The same parents who will keep on fighting whether they are dead or not. Yerim sits down on the nearby rocks and Sooyoung joins her.

 

“I shouldn’t be with you, Kim Yerim. But I can’t turn my attraction or feelings off either.”

 

“You’re probably the very last vampire my parents would want me to be with, Park Sooyoung. However, I can’t act like I don’t want to be with you either.”

 

Sooyoung thinks there is only one thing that can be done. They have to meet in secret as their parents would never allow for this.

 

(End)


 

They’ve been hiding it for many years. Their relationship is at least 15 years strong now, and although it’s tiring to hide and meet in secret this way. It’s worse to think of how their families will react, and even more painful to think if they have to split up.

 

“What if we run away?” Sooyoung whispers in suggestion and pulls her shorter lover close.

 

“We could, but where would we go? Our families would find us. They’re not about to lose their two heirs.”

 

Yerim isn’t wrong. They are both the elder children in their families and are of course expected to lead one day as heirs. Sooyoung knows she has to show loyalty to her family. But what about her own wants. She wants to be with Yerim more than anything else.

 

“I just don’t know if I can be apart from you forever. I don’t like that we have to hide.”

 

“Me either, Sooyoung. I don’t know what we can do for now, except for see each other this way.”

 

The crimson-eyed vampire softly kisses her knuckles. She can’t go on like this, as the longer she’s apart from the woman she loves the more it hurts.

 

“We’ll figure something out.”

 

The couple sit together on that beach for hours. They make out as much as possible, talk, and just allow one another to revel in the comfort that being together brings them. It’s time to go soon and Sooyoung has a difficult time letting the blonde go. It gets harder each time she must say goodbye since there is never a guarantee of when they will be able to meet again.

 

“I’ll see you again, Soo.” The honey-eyed vampire promises. Sooyoung nods and leaves another kiss against her soft pink lips. The taller woman watches as she walks off and can only hope they will see each other again sooner rather than later. It’s not long after Sooyoung is home when she takes notice of certain obvious things. Her parents keep hosting elaborate parties. This would not be unusual because Sooyoung is used to very over the top parties. Sooyoung is not surprised to see what the true goals of these parties are. Her parents are trying to set her up with other vampires, some they think can be a potential partner. They’re without a doubt trying to strike up a marriage her for her. Sooyoung isn’t about to marry anyone who isn’t Kim Yerim.

 

“There are a lot of beautiful women here, Soo.” Her mom mentions to her. “You really don’t see anyone you like, at all?”
 

Sooyoung keeps her face neutral to not show how angry she is. She doesn’t care how many beautiful woman are here at this party. There is only one person she wants most of all.

 

“No, mother. I’m not interested.”

 

“That’s a shame. Well, maybe someone will catch your eye soon.”

 

“Someone already has.” Sooyoung thinks to herself. This party is boring and she just wants to go be alone somewhere. The auburn-haired woman heads outside to the gardens for some much needed peace and quiet. She’s been trying to think of what her options are. There aren’t very many options. She can come clean to her parents and face that outcome. Sooyoung is still wondering about the option to run away, because then she can be with the woman she loves. She does know someone who can offer advice to her, and it’s time she made a trip to see her close friend. Sooyoung makes arrangements to meet with her friend and shows up at her house a few days later. She knows if anyone understands what it’s like to be in an impossible situation it would be her friend Joohyun. Joohyun is also from a well known vampire family who are friends to her own. The Bae’s are a typical old vampire family who of course wanted their daughter to marry another vampire. She didn’t do that of course, and she ended up severing all ties with her family. Joohyun is married to someone else entirely. When Sooyoung arrives at the door a white werewolf greets her.

 

“Hey, Seulgi.” The crimson-eyed vampire nods with a smile. Joohyun had met and fallen in love with a werewolf named Kang Seulgi, which of course was considered to be an ultimate betrayal for the vampire’s family.

 

“Is Joohyun around?”

 

The werewolf growls lowly and points toward the living room. Sooyoung thanks her and sees Seulgi is heading out.

 

“Babe,” Joohyun calls out. “I know you’re going out to hunt and meet up with your friends. But you better not come back all scarred up like last time, I don’t care how much you get challenged to a fight.”

 

Seulgi whines all low and frustrated. It makes Joohyun walk out and the lavender-eyed vampire notices Sooyoung and says hello to her first before heading over to her wife. She gently takes the werewolf’s face into her hands.

 

“Honey?”

 

Seulgi sighs and nods in understanding. Sooyoung has always thought they made a wonderful pair, and there was this undeniable connection they shared. The two of them don’t need words. Sooyoung just wants some advice as to what she should do with her own situation.

 

“Okay, I love you. Go have fun, Seul. You better not come back hurt in anyway, okay.” She rubs the werewolf’s ears and lets her leave. Joohyun turns to her friend and hugs her. It’s been a while since she’s seen Sooyoung. They have been in touch and she knows most of what the situation is.

 

“My baby Soo is all grown up and in love.” The older vampire says slightly dramatically and that makes Sooyoung roll her eyes.

 

“I’m not that much younger than you, Hyun. I am in love though. She’s amazing and my parents will disapprove.”

 

“Well, what sort of creature is she that will make your parents disapprove? A werewolf, zombie, siren…” Joohyun begins naming some. Sooyoung cuts her off and explains fully what’s going on.

 

“Oh, the Kim family. Yeah, I know all about that fued between your families. I’m just surprised it’s still going on. It’s been so long already.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t even know why the hell they’re still fighting. I just know it’s affecting my relationship with Yerim. We can’t properly be together because of this ongoing feud. I just wanted some advice.”

 

Joohyun nods. “Yeah, I know a thing or two about causing huge controversy in my family. Sooyoung, I can’t tell you what to do here. It’s going to come down to what you want most of all. I chose Seulgi over my family because I couldn’t imagine being without her, and they wouldn’t have ever approved. I’m happier now because I am with the woman I love.”

 

“Even though you are no longer apart of your family?”

 

“My family is with Seulgi. I’m happy with her and our life together, plus her werewolf friends and family have become like my own too. It’s what I choose for myself and even if I never see my family ever again, I don’t regret my decision. Sooyoung, no matter what you choose for yourself I’m not saying it’s going to be easy. But you do have to really consider what it is that you want.”

 

Sooyoung nods and thanks her friend. Joohyun is right that she will have to come to her own decisions about this situation. She just hopes that no matter what somehow she won’t lose Yerim.


 

Kim Yerim has tried a few times to come clean to her parents about her relationship with Sooyoung. The honey-eyed vampire knows that they will be furious. Perhaps even they will want to wage actual war on the Parks, and that is something Yerim really doesn’t want to happen. She doesn’t want for many people to be hurt or worse if their families go to war. She can’t imagine if she is expected to fight and kill the woman she loves. No, that can’t be an option. She simply doesn’t know what to do here. When Yerim needs to think and be alone she goes to Jeju where she can pull her thoughts together. This would be the perfect time to get in touch with Sooyoung and they could at least see one another. Yerim sighs as she lays down on the bed in her beach house. She remembers back to when she and Sooyoung first told one another how they truly felt.


 

(Flashback)

 

They were lucky to get the entire weekend together. It was the first time in a long time Sooyoung is with her and Yerim feels ecstatic to be with the woman she loves. They lay in bed at Seulgi’s condo with clothes strewn all over the floor, as Sooyoung wraps her arm around her to bring her even closer in an embrace. Their skin both cold to the touch normally, but right now everything feels warmer than it’s ever felt. Sooyoung leans down to kiss her lips and Yerim eagerly returns the kiss of her lover. She wishes tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter