...

Exhale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

...

 

The train was full that time.

 

The sun was about to set. Dahyun was there at the station on time and had to wait for a few minutes before she arrived.       

Sana was a bit out of breath when she approached the girl, tapping her from behind on the shoulder.

When Dahyun turned around with a bit of a frown on her face, Sana was quick to bow in apology to the girl despite her being younger.

 

"I really am sorry, I woke up late finishing up a routine." Sana tried not to sound like she's asking for sympathy. She was ashamed for being late.

"I understand. It's okay. We should probably go." Dahyun replied voice too monotonous and so they went inside. 

 

 

Waiting for the doors to open and when it did, they immediately rushed inside along with the mass of passengers who wish to board as well.

Sana's grip on her bag was tight as she squeezed herself in since the train was quick to be filled, she was following Dahyun from behind who settled for a spot against the wall.

Dahyun was quick to lean her left shoulder against the wall while her back is on a pole. She was at least comfortable on her spot. While Sana was beside Dahyun with her back against her. 

The doors began to close and Sana was left to hold on to one of the straps/straphanger to stabilize her. She immediately caught the eyes of the one standing in front of her. They were close since the train is almost crowded and she tried to give a curt smile before looking away. 

A minute ticked by.

Sana wasn't one to be easily unnerved by strangers but being this close to them while she wore a printed strapless top and skirt with incidental brushes on her exposed skin is not so comfortable. Although she does not regret her clothing of choice since its an attire she wanted to wear for a long time already. A choice of comfort and joy. 

 

She caught the person's eyes in front of her again.

She decided to turn around because unwelcome eyes were drawn on her chest. She was looking down that when she looked up, she found Dahyun's eyes at her. She wasn't sure but they seem to be asking her.

"Oh um, I was just getting comfortable." Sana tried to explain with hushed words. She didn't need to speak up much because their faces were close enough, well the side of Dahyun's that is since she was not facing her.

Dahyun averted her eyes and just nodded with her eyes trained outside the windows. 

"I hope I'm not hogging your space too much" Sana tried to convey. But Dahyun almost flinched away. She closed her eyes, before facing Sana. 

"I'm okay, were on a train so its normal. But please don’t blow into my ear, they’re sensitive." She ordered somewhat polite yet still stern. That caught Sana off guard as she began to observe how Dahyun's right ear is blushing red. She couldn't help but let out a giggle. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry" She said but not exactly acting like one. She earned an eye roll from Dahyun who proceed to fish out her phone. Meanwhile Sana tried to look out the window.

 

After a few moments, Dahyun felt the girl's body being pressed against her sides and she was quick to look at Sana.

"Sorry" Sana again apologized unintentionally against Dahyun's ear once more. Making her blood rush, involuntarily. Dahyun looked at her to see if she was playing but found that she wasn't. 

"It's okay" She looked at Sana who met her eyes and broke it to look outside. Dahyun was about to go back on her phone when she caught the person behind Sana. Their eyes. Locked on her companion's backside. She looked at Sana who was now trying to put one earphone on.

At a stop, the sudden halt caused passengers to lose balance, this made Sana surprised as well when she felt the person behind her come in closer contact at the forc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter