Prologue.

Somebody Out There
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He hates rainy days. Johnny quietly stared at his hands as the rain hit the glass window ferociously, the temperature in the cafe dropping further as the rain grew stronger. He looks around and tries to distract himself from his thoughts as the footsteps hit the pavement, bodies taking refuge under the roof as the wind grew stronger. He startles when a thunder hits so hard, he could feel it resonating underneath his shoes and the cafe slowly becomes more and more crowded as people chose to wait for the rain to stop rather than wait by the wet sidewalk. His left-hand starts to tremble but he steadies it with his other hand--he wasn’t going anywhere. The chimes resonate for another time and when he looks up, he finally exhales, here he is.

Taeil rushes to the seat in front of him, a plethora of expressions painted in his pale face as he slides down to the seat across him. A tightness overcomes Johnny’s throat and he his hand starts trembling again, but this time, for a completely different reason. He does everything to stop himself from reaching out to smooth out the frown lines that have taken over the others’ face.

“I wasn’t expecting you to still be here.” he breathes, smoothing out his wet hair as he sets his rain-soaked coat aside and Johnny can’t help but be enamored by him even though he tries to tell himself Taeil doesn’t really have that effect on him, but he can only keep it up as long as the other wasn’t around. “Johnny,” he says cautiously, his eyes seeking. “Why are you still here?” Johnny looks out and forces his reaction down when another thunder resonated all around him.

“I want to help you,” he says simply, smiling kindly.

“You don’t have to.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter