1...

Rest 2.0

He closed his eyes lightly in case of the heavy makeup around his lashes smeared somehow. His right eye itched, but he fought the urge to rub his eyes. His head was pounding. Whether it was from his lack of sleep, lack of food, or the bright lights and noises around him, he wasn’t sure. The group had been going since way before sunrise to prepare for their upcoming comeback. The music video proved to be a long and tiring experience. Why he thought it would be any different, again, he wasn’t sure. Jonghyun was recording his individual shots, Kibum having already finished a few moments ago. He was last after Taemin had finished his. His head lolled a little bit, but he caught it with his hand as he leaned on the arm of the chair with his elbow.

A soft caress touched his hair, fingers moving through the gelled back strands with some difficulty. “Jinki, are you okay?”

Without opening his eyes, he knew who it was. “Better than you when the stylists figure out it was you who messed my hair up.”

Minho pushed his nose against the back of his neck, breath warm and almost soothing as he whispered. “Babe.”

“I’m fine, Ming.” He tried not to focus too much on the pounding in his head when he opened his eyes. “Just a little tired is all. Nothing new.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Mmm, figured you wouldn’t. You have some 6th ‘a member is hurting’ sense.”

“Hey, don’t pick on me when I’m worried about you.” He could almost hear the pout in the man’s voice.

He turned his head when he felt Minho move, smiling softly as the man plays with the fabric of his clothes. “What would you have me do then? I’m waiting for my turn.”

Come rest a while with me in the dressing room.” He flashed a small, unsure smile, big eyes pleading his case thoroughly. “We can turn off the lights. Just until your turn.”

He glanced over at the set, noticing that they were still setting up for Jonghyun it seemed, before nodding and offering his hand for Minho to take. “Lead the way.”

Soon they found the dressing room. It was empty of people they quickly noticed and Minho led Jinki to the couch up against the wall. Minho took off his outer jacket, laying it over one of the styling chairs, before sitting on one end of the couch. When Jinki sat on the other end Minho was quick to tug him down until his head was resting against his thigh.

He ran a hand softly against Jinki’s hair. “Babe, you need to stop pushing yourself so much.”

Jinki gave him a weak smile. “I know, but we’re used to this Baby.”

Minho frowned slightly, moving to run his fingers down Jinki’s jaw before gently curling their fingers together on Jinki’s stomach. The lights had been turned off when they walked in. “Close your eyes, Sweets. I’ll text Kibum to tell us when Taemin’s done.”

“Mm,” Jinki hummed quietly, enjoying the way Minho’s thumb was moving over the back of his hand. His voice was so soft as he said, “Thanks, Baby.”

XOXOX

“Have you seen Jinki?” Their manager quietly asked the youngest member.

“Last time I saw him he was sitting over there.” Taemin vaguely gestured toward the area he meant.

The man sighed deeply. “You’re the best of help as always, Taemin.”

“You’re welcome.”

A few moments later Kibum was standing behind him, asking, “What did he want?”

“Wanted to know where Jinki Hyung was.” Taemin hummed, flicking the game on his phone screen. “Told him he was over in that general area.”

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Minho took him into the dressing room to rest until it was his turn.”

“Oh,” Taemin locked his phone before asking, “Is he okay?”

“Just tired.” Kibum then gestured toward the set where Jonghyun was stepping down from. “You’re up.”

Taemin fluffed up his fur coat and grinned. “Time to get y.”

Kibum groaned.

XOXOX        

Half an hour later Minho heard a quiet knock on the dressing room door. He gently pushed the older man’s blond hair back as the door opened and Kibum slipped in. The light was flicked on then and Minho squinted as pain erupted behind his eyes. “Warning next time would be great.”

“The knock was the warning.”

“Oh, piss off.”

Kibum grinned widely before softening seeing Jinki sleeping against Minho’s thigh. “Taemin is about done. It’s Jinki’s turn.”

“Alright, we’ll be out shortly.” Minho smiled, “Thanks.”

“Anything for Jinki.”

Minho glared at him, causing Kibum to laugh as he left the dressing room. Next, Jinki’s cheek was softly tapped. “Come on, sleepy head. It’s time.”

In response, Jinki nuzzled his cheek into Minho’s thigh, groaning softly. When Minho jiggled his leg Jinki rolled onto his back, squinting up at him. He cutely mumbled. “How dare you.”

“Work calls, Sweets.”

Jinki pouted before heaving himself up. He smacked his mouth a few times, looking around as if in a daze. “That was a good nap. I like that nap.”

“I make a good pillow, huh?”

“The best.” Jinki stood and walked toward the mirror, trying to fix his hair at least a little bit. His eye makeup was still okay and haven’t smeared too much. He turned with a bright smile. “Let’s get going before they come looking for me.”

XOXOX

Jinki fumbled through his playlist, looking for a song that spoke to him, and when he found one, he laid back, closed his eyes and hummed along to the song. Unannounced to him, Minho was standing in the doorway, gazing at him. Minho noticed how the older man had one of his shirts on, and he smiled as he watched Jinki’s foot tap to the beat. He quietly moved to his side of the room they shared, after he closed the door, and lifted his shirt off. He softly nudged the corner of Jinki’s bed with his knee as he ran his fingers through his hair. The older man jumped up, before calming down at the sight of his boyfriend. He pulled his headphones from his ears as an easy smile spread on his lips. “Hey.”

“It’s been a very long day.”

“Then actually come to bed.” Jinki hummed happily when Minho kissed him. He pulled away as the kiss deepened, smirking slightly. “I’m going to bed.”

Minho pressed a kiss to his forehead before climbing over him to his side of the bed, wiggling to get under the covers. He was adjusting his pillow when Jinki pressed a kiss to his cheek. He chuckled lightly when Jinki plopped down on his pillow, connecting his phone to the charger and getting comfortable. Quickly, Minho slipped completely under the blanket and tugged Jinki back against him, nose against his neck. “Goodnight.”

Jinki intertwined their fingers on his stomach, smiling as he closed his eyes. “Goodnight Baby.”