Chapter 1

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Weki Meki has finished with their promotions, the members notice the tensions between their eldest leader Suyeon and their maknae Lucy. The only member who hasn't really noticed it was Yoojung, since the moment she shows her presence in front of the two, they then pretend that they were the bestest friends in the world.

Well, partially part of that reason was due to the fact that Yoojung did caught them one time where they verbally fought with each other. As a result, Yoojung stated that if they continued fighting like this, then she would just hang out with Lua instead, in which both the eldest and the maknae made an agreement to not let the two hang out with each other after that one time they saw Lua attacking Yoojung with plenty of kisses.

But you know, it didn't always start out like this. Both Suyeon and Lucy once only thought of Yoojung as just a fellow member of the same group, as just a friend that they spend time with, but something about Yoojung has somehow gotten them to develop feelings for the latter, of course at different times and for different reasons.

In Suyeon's case, Yoojung was this dongsaeng that constantly distracted her whenever they were practicing for their title track's choreography. Yoojung was usually the first to get the choreography memorized, so with the extra time of the other members trying to memorize the choreography, she would utilize her time by dancing to other song's choreography. While the other members would call it a day and head back to their dorms, Suyeon would stay in the studio and continue practicing until she completely memorized the choreography without any mistakes. Knowing that their leader was staying at the studio, Yoojung also stayed in the studio with her.

Suyeon would usually ignore Yoojung's antics of distracting her, but eventually one day Suyeon was in a bad mood and really wanted to perfect their choreography. The cause of her bad mood was due to reading a comment online that questioned about why she was the leader of Weki Meki. That one comment online really affected her for the whole day, so she became sensitive whenever she made mistakes on either the choreography or was off tune on her singing. When Yoojung stayed with her once again in the studio, Suyeon really tried her best to not snap, but one of Yoojung's comments really got her.

"You should relax. It'd be bad if you overworked yourself." Suyeon at the time took those words as offense.

"Yah! How the hell can I relax if I haven't perfected the choreography yet?! You seem to be having a great time relaxing cause you memorized the choreography first, now why don't you go with the other members and leave me alone if all you're gonna do is distract me!!" After yelling in frustration, Suyeon began to pant and become out of breath, realizing what she said and saw Yoojung's expression turn blue. Suyeon ended up crouching down, covering her face with her palms as she broke down.

"I-I'm sorry Yoojung I just...I'm just jealous that you can quick get the choreography down while I still need countless of practice...as the leader I feel like I'm supposed to be the first to know the choreography so that I can teach the rest of the members...but since I end up being mostly the last person to perfect the choreography, it just brings me down you know?" Yoojung crouched down besides her, rubbing Suyeon's backside to comfort her leader. Yoojung was initially hurt by Suyeon's words at first, but then after understanding her situation, she knew that Suyeon was holding back once again on asking for help.

It's been that way ever since Suyeon was assigned as the leader. With being assigned as both the eldest and the leader of the group, Suyeon held a bunch of responsibilities that the younger members tended to overlook. The only one who was the first to catch on was Yoojung, who insisted on staying in the studio with Suyeon despite Doyeon inviting her back to the dorms.

From Suyeon's perspective, it almost seems like Yoojung enjoyed distracting their leader, but in reality Yoojung was just trying to be the happy virus for her, wanting to help the leader ease up. In addition to that, she has been waiting for the opportunity for the leader to initiate on asking for help, which was why Yoojung practiced hard to be the first to memorize their choreography.

"And this is why we are here...why I'm here. Sure we rely on you cause you are our leader, but that doesn't mean that you can't rely on us. We are a group, a whole team, we are Weki Meki. We are all on this together, we are supposed to help each other out." Yoojung then stood up, grabbing one of Suyeon's arm and pulling her up for Suyeon to stand up with her.

"Now we don't have much time, why don't I help you from now on?" Yoojung saw that Suyeon was still crying and proceeded to wipe her tears with her thumb.

"Come on now, if I wipe your tears like this, then I might as well be the eldest of the group, Suyeon." Yoojung said, purposely not adding "unnie" after Suyeon's name, to which Suyeon response with a "Yah!" and proceeds to lightly shove Yoojung's shoulder before learning the choreography with Yoojung.

Ever since that incident, Suyeon took more notice of Yoojung's actions. Sure Yoojung continued to "distract her," but when Suyeon saw that she was goofing around with Lua, it then somewhat stirred up her heart.

I mean, Yoojung's interactions with Lua have been occuring even before that incident, so Suyeon wonders why it now affects her every time she saw Yoojung with Lua.

Eventually Suyeon joined their antics, low-key blockading Lua from being too close to Yoojung, but because she was blocking Lua, it then meant that when dancing to random song's choreography, Sueyon would accidentally be too close to Yoojung, causing her face to suddenly heat up, especially when Yoojung would dance to Taemin's Move.

This wasn't going to do. Suyeon was supposed to be Yoojung's unnie and yet when she is actually with Yoojung, she sometimes make her feel like she's the younger one.

So to avoid feeling like this, when they sat next to each other when eating together with the group, Suyeon would occasionally feed Yoojung. Of course food was food, so Yoojung didn't think much of it and happily ate whatever Suyeon fed her. The only problem was that the other members noticed Suyeon's actions, slightly expressing their surprises their own way since they had never seen Suyeon feed someone else, so this was a first for them.

"How come you're feeding Yoojung??" Elly was the first to point out, causing Suyeon to accidentally choke on whatever she was eating at the moment. Yoojung was quick to act and grabbed the nearest drink she had and gave it to Suyeon, helping her swallow the food properly.

"Hey! Don't surprise me like that!!" Suyeon scolded, causing Elly to zip .

"Ehh, but how was that supposed to be surprising? All she did was ask a question." Rina stated, intentionally smirking at Suyeon as she figured what was going on. Suyeon became flustered by Rina's statement, and luckily instead of answering her, Yoojung intervened.

"Come on you guys, stop teasing our leader." Yoojung then grabbed a couple of meats and placed it on a lettuce wrap. She then proceeded to feed Suyeon with her wrap.

"See? Is feeding people really supposed to be questionable? Let's just finish eating up cause we have an interview afterwards." Yoojung then proceeded to stand up and brought her plate to the sink. In the meantime Suyeon continued to slowly chew on the lettuce wrap covered in meat. For some reason, this particular wrap tasted better than the other wraps she has had.

 

...

Suyeon's usual routine would have been to practice, but thanks to Yoojung's help, she actually felt that she didn't need to practice today. Instead, she waited for her members to return back to the dorm to then invite Yoojung out for dinner.

"Alright! Let's do some stretching and do some dancing!" Yoojung stated in fighting spirit, pumped up to help Suyeon. Suyeon awkwardly chuckled as she shook her head.

"About that...why don't we go out for dinner today instead?" Now it was Yoojung's turn to have a puzzled expression.

"Why didn't you invite everyone else?" Suyeon didn't expect Yoojung to ask, so she blushed and tried to come up with an excuse.

"Uhh, I mean I just wanted dinner together as thanks for helping me...I mean, I finally got my drivers licence off camera so I should put it to good use! And plus...about not inviting everyone else...uh, I'll go bankrupt since this'll be my treat." Most of these statements were true to an extent, so Suyeon wasn't really lying, but she did leave out the details of this wanting to only have the two of them be together in the occasion. Yoojung rolled her eyes at the last statement, finally smiling and lightly chuckling.

"Sure, I'm up for it."

 

...

And so, after finding out from watching their reality show that Yoojung likes scallions, Suyeon took her to a seafood place. When Yoojung saw that they were served with scallions, Yoojung widened her eyes with excitement.

"Wow! Mhgm...You're The best unnie mgh.." Yoojung said with food in .

"Yah! Eat first and then talk." Suyeon said in a scolding tone, yet a grin on her face appears.

 

...

After eating from the restaurant, Suyeon and Yoojung walked back to their dorms. It was extremely cold outside and Yoojung forgot to bring her jacket, so Suyeon initiated to pull her closer to her side and shared each side of Suyeon's jacket with each other. This was the first time that Yoojung blushed from Suyeon's actions. She would usually make a teasing remark to make the mood of the walk be lighthearted, but for some reason she felt herself getting tongue-tied with her words and ended up not speaking. Noticing how Yoojung would not talk, Suyeon cleared and initiated a conversation.

"S-so... how was the uh, food?" There was a long silence and Suyeon almost assumed that Yoojung was uncomfortable with her action so she was about to give all of her jacket to Yoojung but fortunately she responded just in time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter