π•€π•Ÿπ•€π•₯π•’π•Ÿπ•₯𝕝π•ͺ π”»π•£π•’π•¨π•Ÿβ–ͺπ“˜π“Ά 𝓒𝓱π“ͺ𝓷𝓰𝓴𝔂𝓾𝓷

Sofia's β€’π™ˆπ™€π™£π™¨π™©π™– 𝙓‒ πŸ„ΎπŸ„½πŸ„΄πŸ…‚πŸ„·πŸ„ΎπŸ…ƒ πŸ…‚πŸ„΄πŸ…πŸ„ΈπŸ„΄πŸ…‚

"Tonight will be interesting." you thought to yourself as you finished doing your makeup and started checking yourself in the mirror. After adding the finishing touches to your outfit, you headed out of your apartment to go to the party your close friend Minhyuk was hosting with his group members.Β 

When you became friends with Minhyuk you were well aware that he was in a famous Kpop group called Monsta X and you were even a fan. But you and Minhyuk connected even more because you were a fan, you basically became inseparable ever since the first time you met during an MV shoot of Monsta X. Being one of the script writers, you were also helping the director so your services were needed at the actual filming spot. Actually, you didn't really plan on befriending Minhyuk but it just happened naturally.Β 

You were told to pull Minhyuk away to give instructions about a certain scene in the MV as he was the main character. While you were talking he just suddenly let out a loud burp. It was so hilarious that you both bursted out laughing very loud. You were so loud that every other staff member and even MX members turned their heads look at you. Once sharing a mutual look of embarrassment you decided to talk to Minhyuk in private. After a while your conversation just turned into random chit-chat. When you found out that you were the same age, that made the two of you to become more casual and speak informally with each other resulting in a beautiful friendship.

Since your first encounter, Minhyuk would speak with you whenever he saw you and you would greet the other members too but there was no official meeting. The member you were looking forward to meet the most was Changkyun. Because of his shy glanses from time to time almost every time Minhyuk would speak to you, it was safe to say that Changkyun intrigued you the most.

Remembering the conversation you had with Minhyuk last night about how he would be introducing you to the whole group at the party caused you to be a bit nervous. Being friends with Minhyuk the hyper beagle was one thing and meeting the whole group that you adored was another.

Later when you finally arrived to the venue where the party was being held you were astonished. It was supposed to be an inner-circle-only private party that only a fair number of people were invited. But knowing MX there would probably be a great number of people attending anyway, you predicted from the way the venue was decorated and the fact that there was a public karaoke machine and a big stage.

Fortunataly there were only a few people present when you arrived so the minute you stepped inside it wasn't very hard to spot Minhyuk and the other MX members. They were scattered yet together, some were sitting in the big plush sofa by the corner and some were just standing up chatting up the guests. While you strolled to where Minhyuk was standing, the moment his eyes met with yours he let out a little squeal and almost ran up to you.

"Oh my god Y/N! I am so happy you made it!" He half shouted excitedly while smiling at you.

Just as you were about to respond back to him you felt like you were being watched so you decided to take a peak behind Minhyuk's back and locked eyes with none other than Changkyun. He quickly turned his head away seemingly embarrassed that you caught him staring at you. While this was happening Minhyuk followed your gaze and seemed utterly dumbfounded.

"What is it? Who were you looking at?" He asked you, totally clueless about the brief exchange of looks between you and Changkyun.

"Hyuk-ah it's nothing really. Come on let's get this party started!" You replied as you started moving a little to the music that was playing, which caused Minhyuk to laugh.

"Y/N you have to go up the stage and sing something at some point. There will be prizes if you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the contest you know." he told you while pointing at the stage.

Even though you loved singing and rapping, even when Minhyuk, an actual singer complimented your skills you still felt a bit nervous going up that stage where actual performers such as MX were present watching.

"Ahh, I don't know about that Hyuk, I feel a bit iffy about singing in front of actual singers." you replied back with a nervous giggle by the end.

Minhyuk just grabbed your shoulder and reassuringly told you with a proud grin; "But we will not be participating at all. Monsta X will be the judges while normal people will go up the stage to compete! We thought it would be fun."

While you were having this conversation with Minhyuk you could see from the corner of your eye that Changkyun was still staring. "So much for being discreet." you thought but you couldn't quite decipher if he was staring at you or only glancing your way because he was curious that Minhyuk was talking to you.

"Come on now I'll introduce you to everyone finally so we can all be friends!" Minhyuk told you while slightly tugging on your arm indicating you to start walking to where MX members were. You followed his pace though staying one step behind and when you both came to a halt Minhyuk started speaking.

"Guys, this is my really nice friend Y/N."

The second Minhyuk stopped talking all 7 of their attention was on you, so you felt a bit timid. That was your cue to start saying your greetings but the moment you opened your mouth somebody else beat you to it.

"Hello, nice to meet you Y/N." Changkyun shocked not only you but all the other 6 boys with his sudden English greeting.

Sure, you were a foreigner but you had no trouble speaking and understanding Korean so hearing him greet you in English surprised you a bit. "He thought I didn't speak Korean." you thought to yourself. After collecting yourself you turned to Changkyun;

"Hey. So you're fluent in English huh?" You questioned slightly lifting a brow, although you knew the answer to your question already, being a fan and all.

He seemed a bit taken aback with your response but still showed you a shy smile while saying; "Yep, I sure am."

At that point the other 6 members were just watching you two so you quickly turned to them and bowed while speaking in Korean;

"Hello, I'm really sorry if I was rude. My name is Y/N and I am the same age as Minhyuk."

Hoseok and Kihyun's eyes shone when they both said something along the lines of; "You mean you're our age too? Whoa cool. We can just speak informal!"

Just then Jooheon came out of nowhere and spoke; "Oh so you were born in 93'? I was born in 94' so there isn't much difference see!" He was showing his infamous dimples at that point, which caused you to crack a big smile.

Exchanging a few words with the leader Hyunwoo and model Hyungwon you realized they were all very much like normal guys close to your age. However, while all of this was happening you glanced at Changkyun to see that he was completely flustered. He muttered something to himself which he thought nobody would be able to hear, but you heard him.

"Oh. And here I thought she probably didn't speak Korean." He smiled sadly to himself.

With all the friendly exchanges between you and the members the atmosphere was lifted instantly. While you were chatting up with Hoseok, Kihyun and Jooheon and laughing at them because they started bickering, at that moment once again your eyes met with Changkyun's. He was looking at you like he was a bit sad almost which you couldn't guess the reason why. Just then, you decided to take the initiative to talk to him. Fortunately he was sitting alone on the sofa when you quietly sat next to him.

"Hey again. Sorry for surprising you like that. I speak Korean too, but I feel more comfortable speaking in English to be honest." you spoke softly in Korean while slightly looking at him from the side.

He lifted his head up only to reveal his embarrased face then replied in English; "God. I feel so stupid." He laughed half-heartedly after continuing, "But if you prefer English then I will speak in English with you. That will differ me from them at least." he pointed to the other members with his head while they were in a heated discussion about god knows what.

At that point you were feeling different emotions all at the same time. You thought he was adorable for being embarrassed over something so trivial like this. Also, he was so kind for choosing to speak to you in English just because you preferred it. Once you opened your mouth to say something back to Changkyun, you were pulled up by Minhyuk to stand up.

"Y/N! The contest starts in a bit you need to go now!" Minhyuk said while pushing you to the area where the stage was located.

You glanced at Changkyun apologetically while being dragged by Minhyuk, again his eyes held sadness. In that moment you decided that if you were being forced to enter this contest you would need a drink so you quickly told Minhyuk to get you a drink. He just randomly turned around and got you 2 shots of tequila from one of the trays one waiter was carrying. After downing the drinks in one go and making a scrunched face because it was too strong for you, you started shaking your arms and legs as if you were getting ready to fight in a ring.

Minhyuk started massaging your shoulders while saying; "That's right Y/N. You got this. Now show them how its done!"

With that encouragement you were off to stand by the line where the contestants were standing. After about 5 minutes of waiting a guy that had a microphone in his hand came up to you and told everyone that you were going to go up the stage in pairs. The pairs were actually supposed to be battling each other. He pointed to you and another girl and with that you were paired. You discussed with your partner that you would be singing Beautiful because you knew every line from that song by heart, even the rap parts, and you were not one to take risks. Your partner also told you she felt confident about singing that song.Β 

When it was finally your turn to sing, you went up the stage with your partner and bowed to greet the audience. Looking at the audience you could see Monsta X members sitting in front of the stage in a straight line just like how judges would and they were all staring at you expectedly. Your partner started the song with Jooheon's rap verse. You could see some people were bobbing their heads as well as some of the members but they didn't look very impressed.

Just as Changkyun's verse came up it was your turn and you just rapped like how you always would. His part was supposed to be laid back and careless so you adjusted your voice accordingly. After finishing the verse, Monsta X members were all staring at you with shocked expressions except for Minhyuk. He was just nodding at them like a proud father showing off their child. Stealing a quick glance at Changkyun, he was looking completely awestruck with his mouth slightly hanging open but his expression changed into to a smirk simultaneously.

After acing the singing parts with ease, earning appreciative nods from the members along the way, you had to do one more part of Changkyun's rap. When time came you looked straight at him while starting the line; "Two fingers thumbs up..." He broke out into a huge grin by the time you were done with his part. Once you finished the song shortly, you and your partner both bowed again to the audience then got off the stage with cheers and loud clapping sounds.

When you were off the stage you couldn't tell what came over you up there. "It was probably the alcohol that gave me a huge confidence boost." you thought to yourself. But your thoughts were interrupted when someone lightly touched your shoulder from behind.

"What are you?" Changkyun questioned while looking at you with an astonished expression. "You totally dominated that stage. How can you rap and sing like? I can not understand honestly, I am so shocked." He started mumbling, getting carried away.

You giggled at his antics and slightly touched his arm, looking into his eyes you said; "Thank you so much! I just really love music that's all." You shrugged at that last bit.

Changkyun's eyes glistened a tad as he broke out into a grin while looking at you, then turning his gaze to his feet. You were a bit tipsy but you were totally aware of your actions. You were flirting with Changkyun shamelessly and he was getting shy but not backing away. You smiled to yourself after coming to this realization but your thoughts were again rudely interrupted by four boys hurriedly coming to your direction.

Kihyun, Hoseok, Jooheon and Minhyuk had huge grins on their faces as they came up to the both of you. With confusion written all over their faces considering Chankyun was with you, they shared a specific look with each other before congratulating you.

"I always knew you were amazing and super talented but wow! You killed it girl!" Minhyuk shouted excitedly.

Jooheon also gave you some feedback and criticism on your rapping while Kihyun and Hoseok were discussing about whose voice would suit yours in a duet. You were all sharing laughs together but the only person who wasn't laughing was Changkyun.

Soon it was time to announce the winners. The announcer started with the person who got the 3rd place. 2nd place followed shortly after and then it was time for the 1st place. You almost thought you heard wrong when your name was called. Hurrying off to the stage once again only to see MX members clapping and looking at you with proud smiles on their faces. The prize for the 1st place winner was actually wireless earphones. You were quite satisfied with yourself and the prize.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  ━━━━━━ β—¦ ❖ β—¦ ━━━━━━  Β 


Once the contest was over it was time to party. Everyone went up to the dance floor all at once with the DJ calling them to move their bodies to the music. In that moment you totally lost sight of all the members as you were being swarmed by people. Suddenly feeling a hand on your waist a shiver went up your spine. As you turned around you came face to face with a strange man who looked very drunk. He had a smirk on his face as he gave you a once over. Trying to squirm away was no use because he only pulled you in closer to his body, which made you sick to your stomach being touched by someone you didn't know like that.

"Let me go now." you spoke, glaring at the rude guy.

"But darling, where's the fun in that?" He replied laughing in your face.

Being surrounded by a bunch of people didn't matter as everyone was dancing to the music and nobody even realized what was going on or heard you over the loud music.

"You know I saw you on that stage. You were really y. So I wanted to come by and say hi. Say, you wanna get out of here?" he slurred his last words while getting dangerously close to your face.

"I said let. me. go. you freak!" you retaliated by thrashing to get away or even trying to kick him. But your efforts were in vain, he was stronger than you and he was not even budging while you were trying to escape from his iron hold.

"Let the girl go now before I call security." A deep voice spoke from behind you, although you didn't hear him very clearly.

"Come on man. We're just having fun here. She likes it." The drunk man talked back to the deep voice.

You shook your head from side to side, indicating you wanted to escape. Just then, you saw the deep voiced man twist the drunk man's wrist, freeing you from his hold. It was then that you realized the deep voiced guy was Changkyun. He pushed you a little to his back and stayed his ground in front of you protectively. The drunk man just cussed holding his wrist and hurriedly got away from the scene.

"You okay?" Changkyun asked as he came close to your ear while looking at your face worriedly, almost as if he was looking for an indication that you were okay.

Your heart raced uncontrollably since his face was really close to yours but you managed to nod with a slight smile. Then he took your hand as he guided you among the crowd towards what seemed to be outside. After taking a deep breath you sighed, glad to be finally away from that drunk man and the crowd.

Changkyun asked again; "Y/N are you okay? That didn't hurt you did he?" this time anger evident in his features.

"I'm okay and no he didn't hurt me but he probably would have if you didn't show up." You replied back nonchalantly.

This time Changkyun legitimately looked pissed off. "Who even invited that imbecile anyway? If I find out I swear I will..." he was trailing off but abrubtly stopped talking when you caught him off guard by taking his hand in yours.

"Ssh. It's okay. I'm okay. Thank you for saving me from that situation and thank you for worrying about me." you spoke softly while looking into his eyes.

He seemed to be a bit surprised but didn't take his hand back. Just muttering an okay, he stared into your eyes while your hands were comfortably resting against each other.

"You know... you're really pretty." he blurted out, not looking away from you.

Smiling to him you replied; "Why thank you, so are you."

He laughed lightly at your response, looking up breaking your eye contact.


Finding your eyes again he replied with an amused grin; "You think I'm pretty? I'm a guy Y/N. You should call me handsome."

"I think you're pretty, handsome and cute." was all you could say, not even bothering to filter your thoughts at that moment. You just told him exactly how you thought about him.

Changkyun made a small motion to his heart with his free hand while closing his eyes and muttering an almost silent "ah" indicating your honest comment hit him in the right place.

"I want to see you again. Can I see you again? When can I see you again?" he suddenly asked speaking really fast and looking dead-serious.

You chuckled heartily as you tucked a piece of your hair beind your ear before answering; "Yes you can. Whenever you want. I'll give you my number."

Breaking the hold of your hands to take off your cell phone from your purse disappointed you a little. Glancing at Changkyun you could tell he was disappointed about your hands seperating too. After exchanging numbers, you both decided it was time to get back to the boys as they were probably searching and worrying over you two.

Once you went inside, you could see that most people had already left the party and some were leaving so it was easier to locate the boys. As you were walking towards them side by side they shared some knowing looks with smirks on their faces. You thought; "Changkyun is going to suffer." to yourself while smiling. Minhyuk was the first to react and ran over to you to hug you.

"Y/N thank god you're fine! I was so worried! I'm so sorry for leaving you alone please forgive me." he pleaded to you with puppy dog eyes. Changkyun looked slightly displeased as this exchange was taking place.

After speaking a little bit more everyone decided to call it a night. You individually thanked all the boys and wished them good night. When it was Changkyun's turn he smiled at you in such a way that you felt your insides twist.


"I guess I'll see you around... Y/N." Changkyun half-whispered to you, probably a bit scared the other boys would hear and start questioning him endlessly.

"Definitely. Good night Changkyun." you replied back as you started walking away, he was still in your view as he was still holding your gaze until you weren't in his sight anymore. When you arrived home you started giggling to yourself like a lunatic, replaying everything that happened that night in your head.