The Dancer

The Dancer {Lejung}

 

Jeonghwa

 

I sighed as I collapsed on my couch. I am so done looking for a job. "Did you get any?" I heard my roommate, Hyelin, ask me.

 

"No, I'm starting to think that there's something wrong with me," I huffed. Hyelin walked out of the kitchen and eyed me.

 

"Well someone called the house earlier. Do you know a Hani?" My eyes went wide at the name.

 

"Ahn Hani?" I let out a wide smile when Hyelin nodded. "She was my best friend since I was three. She moved,
when I was sixteen, but we practically grew up together," I explained.

 

"Well, she called saying that she wants you to audition for a tour," Hyelin informed me.

 

"A tour? Whose tour?" I scrunched up my brows.

 

"Now this was where I grew shocked. Do you know those posters on your wall of LE?" She raised a brow. I nodded slowly trying to figure out where she was going with this. "She's going on tour and Hani hooked you up with an audition to be one of her dancers. Apparently, LE is her half-sister," Hyelin smiled. My eyes went wide at the thought.

 

"How did I not know this?" I remember Hani having a sister, but her sister was never around. She lived with her dad while Hani lived with her mom. "I might have the chance to meet my inspiration?" I've been in love with LE since I was thirteen. She's just so amazing.

 

"Good luck," she chuckled.

 

~~~

 

"Jeonghwa!" I heard someone call out. I turn and was immediately attacked by Hani. She wrapped me in a hug and I smiled while wrapping my arms around her.

 

"It's been forever," I spoke once we pulled away.

 

"Yes, it has been! You look great! I knew right when LE said that she was going on tour, you would be perfect," she exclaimed.

 

"How did you not tell me that LE was your sister? Do you know how many years we've been friends? Do you even realize how obsessed I was with her?" She chuckled at me and shook her head.

 

"Oh, do I remember. I wasn't allowed to tell anyone that she was my sister. My dad's rules," she shrugged. We talked for a minute before the dancers started to warm up. I noticed a lot of her old dancers but a lot of new ones. We spent most of the time learning a dance and then we had a freestyle.

 

"We'll call you in one by one to perform the dance and your freestyle," a girl directed us. I felt like I was waiting for hours before my name was called. I walked in and froze when I saw LE sitting at the table. She wasn't here earlier. Oh, my goodness!

 

"Jeonghwa Park," I heard Hani announce. I snapped out of my trance and walked into the middle of the room. LE eyed me but said nothing.

 

"Start the music," a girl said. The music started, and I nailed the dance and my freestyle. I noticed a lot of the people at the table smiling except for LE. She held her well-known poker face. I left and waited outside with everyone else. Finally, everyone was done and then we were all called back in. LE stood and walked in front of the table.

 

"Thank you all for auditioning. The list is posted in the back," she pointed. Everyone turned and looked at the list. I stayed in the back, waiting. I knew that I didn't make it. I felt a presence next to me. "You might want to look. You'd be surprised," I heard LE tell me before walking away. I froze at the sound of her voice. She was talking to me!? I finally got through and looked at the list. My name was printed there, and I was shocked.

 

"Congrats," I heard some people tell me. I looked back over at the table and noticed LE eyeing me. She smirked before turning to Hani. I felt like this would be a long journey with LE.

 

~~~

 

We've been practicing for months and I blended in with the dancers perfectly. I haven't had a conversation with LE at all. She's been so busy, and she's barely said a word to any of us, well besides Solji. She's been a dancer for LE since she started. They're best friends and a lot of the fans want them to be together, but Solji is married, and LE is engaged. The first show was tonight, and I was nervous. I was treated like the little sister among the dancers since I was youngest, but they also respected me. I bet LE looked at me like a kid. I was eighteen while she was twenty-six. We all gathered in a circle and prayed before the show.

 

"I know that all of you will do a great job. Let the nerves go and gain confidence," LE instructed. Somehow her eyes found mine when she said that. I felt as if it was indirectly at me. I nodded, and she looked away. The show went amazing and then came the part that had me nervous. LE had a part that she did with Solji. The other dancers still danced, and it was ier. I'm anything but y. I was dancing in the background but was shocked when I saw LE kiss Solji. The crowd went wild although it was just a peck. Solji didn't seem shocked, so I knew that it was planned but it didn't make me less confused. The show finished, and I made it through without any mistakes. We all went backstage and LE congratulated everyone.

 

"Good job Jeonghwa!" I felt Hani wrap her arms around me. I smiled and hugged her back.

 

"I can't believe that this is real. It's all because of you. I'm dancing for my freaking idol Hani!" I squealed.

 

"Idol? I'm honored," I heard from behind me. My face automatically went red as I turned around and locked eyes with LE.

 

"Um I um," I struggled to say something as she smirked.

 

"Oh, come on LE, leave the girl alone," Hani chuckled.

 

"I was just coming over to congratulate you. Nice to know that I'm your idol though," she giggled. She sounded so adorable. "Good job Jeonghwa," she spoke before making her way over to the other dancers.

 

"Your sister loves teasing people, doesn't she?" I sighed.

 

"She's known for it," Hani nodded.

 

"I just made a fool of myself," I shook my head.

 

"She probably thought that it was cute," she shrugged.

 

"Surprise!" I turned and saw a guy wrap LE in a hug.

 

"Ugh, Jihwan is here. I can't believe that she's really gonna marry him," Hani mumbled as LE kissed him.

 

"If she's happy," I spoke from my fan perspective.

 

~~~

 

We all heard the scream as Solji hit the ground. "!" She held her knee in pain as LE rushed over to her.

 

"Are you okay? Don't move Solji! It's gonna make it worse," LE instructed.

 

"It hurts," she groaned. It all happened so fast, but Solji was sent to the hospital. We waited for an hour before LE came back into the room.

 

"Solji tore her meniscus and now she can't dance due to her having to undergo surgery. I'm gonna need someone to fill in for her," she informed us. She looked around the room and then her eyes landed on me. "You," she pointed at me. I stood frozen as all eyes went on me.

 

"Me?" I was shocked.

 

"Your dance style is similar to hers. I think you'd be a good replacement. Plus, you don't have any important dance parts, so this would be perfect," she nodded.

 

"Okay," I said softly.

 

"I'll teach you the dance moves after practice," she said before getting back to practice. It was finally over, and everyone left except for us. "Sorry for putting you on the spot like that," she apologized.

 

"It's fine. You just caught me off guard," I assured her. She taught me the moves and I caught on quickly.

 

"There's also one last thing that I'm gonna need from you. You're gonna have to replace Solji on Velvet," she told me.

 

"What part?" I asked hesitantly. She looked at me with an apologetic expression.

 

"The part. I wish there could be someone else considering that you're still a child," she rambled.

 

"I'm eighteen and I'm more than capable of covering her part," I assured her. She seemed taken aback by my statement but nodded. I don't know where the confidence came from, but I didn't want her to look at me like I was a child.

 

"Alright. Sit down in the chair and I'll teach you the steps," she pointed. I sat down in the chair as she played the music. "I usually circle around her twice before sitting on her lap," she explained before sitting on me. "Then I wait for the other two couples to finish before starting," she explained. I held my composure as she started to dance and slowly slid her hands over my body. "The whole dance is over-ualized. I try to watch where my hands slide but sometimes I'm so into the concert, I don't realize it. So, I'll apologize in advance," she spoke as she stood in front of me. I eyed her and tried to contain myself. My celebrity crush was literally giving me a .

 

"Isn't there an um part where you um," I trailed off hoping that she would catch the hint. Her eyes went wide, and she shook her head.

 

"That can definitely be cut out. It wasn't even supposed to be in there, but the fans have shipped us together for years. We just love playing with them," she explained.

 

"So, you two just kissed for the fans?" I was confused. Why do all of that just because the fans wanted you two to be together?

 

"We're best friends and it's funny seeing the fans react. She married, and I'm engaged. Nothing's wrong with having a little fun. Plus, she's straight as hell so I didn't see a problem with it," she shrugged.

 

"Aren't you?" Was she straight? She eyed me and smirked.

 

"Straight enough," was all she said, and I left it there. So maybe she's into girls also? We took a break and drunk some water. "So, I'm your idol huh?" She smirked, and I groaned.

 

"You just had to hear that," I mumbled.

 

"How long have you been a fan?"

 

"Since the beginning," I replied.

 

"Really?" She seemed shocked. "So, what do you have like all my merchandise and posters of me in your room?" She joked but my face went red. "Wait I was just joking! You really do? Aw, that's so cute," she chuckled.

 

"Can we change the subject?" I pleaded.

 

"Sure," she grinned.

 

~~~

 

I grew nervous about this concert. This was the first time I was taking over Solji's parts. LE mentioned how the fans shipped the two of them so does that mean that they'll hate me for taking her parts? I was just nervous about everything. I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped slightly. "Chill Jeonghwa. You can handle this. I wouldn't have picked you if I thought that you couldn't," LE assured me. I locked my eyes with her and instantly calmed down.

 

"Thanks," I sighed.

 

"You'll kill it, kid," she grinned before walking away. Kid. Was I always gonna be a kid in her eyes? The show started, and I nailed all of Solji's parts but then came the time for the . I sat down in the chair and calmed myself down. I noticed some fans looking confused.

 

"Sadly, Solji couldn't be here tonight, but she sends her love. Jeonghwa here will be the replacement for a minute so can y'all make some noise for her?" I heard LE tell them. Fans cheered, and I grew even more nervous. LE circled around me and then sat on my lap. Her arm rested on my shoulder as she waited for the other dancers to finish their parts. She looked down at me and sent me a small grin.

 

"You'll be fine," she mouthed. I nodded and then felt her move. Her hands moved the exact way they did during the practice so that meant that she wasn't completely lost in the dance. She was being very cautious. I suddenly felt her close to my face and my breathing stopped. she was so beautiful up close. It felt like she was going to kiss me but then she turned to the crowd and wiggled her finger and smirked. She's such a tease. She finished the song and I was fine. The concert finished, and everyone was celebrating backstage. Everyone was congratulating me and telling me how they were jealous. I heard a throat clear and then turned to find LE standing there. "Good job Jeonghwa. You pleasantly surprised me," she admitted.

 

"Did I surprise you enough for you to realize that I'm not a kid?" I raised a brow. She eyed me and chuckled.

 

"You definitely did," she confessed. Her voice dropped an octave and I could be wrong, but I could swear that she was flirting. "The fans seemed to love you. I'm shocked because I know how hard people ship me with Solji, but you should check twitter," she pointed out before walking away. I looked on twitter and noticed that I was trending along with LE. People were actually shipping us. The pictures shocked me though. I didn't know that I was staring at her like that. This definitely showed how in love with her I am. Fans noticed this, and I was nervous that LE would realize it sooner or later.

 

~~~

 

The s became a regular thing and I finally got used to it. LE knew how to tease the fans though. She became less cautious while touching me. People shipped us harder than they did with her and Solji. LE sat on my lap and waited as usual. She turned her head slightly and looked at me. "You want to prove that you're not a kid, right?" She raised a brow. I nodded cautiously because I didn't understand what she meant. She sent me a smirk before she started to dance. I felt LE run her hands down my body as the fans cheered. Her face came close to mine and she locked her eyes with me. My heart sped up as she moved in closer than usual. I was suddenly nervous and then I felt it. Her soft lips pressed against mine as the fans cheered even louder. It was a quick kiss, but it was still a kiss. I was in shock as she finished the dance. The show finished, and I was still trying to get myself together.

 

"You finally got to kiss your idol. How does it feel?" I heard Hani ask me. I shook my head because no words could form right now. "You just had to kiss her huh? Look at what you did," I heard Hani talking to LE as I tried to snap out of my trance. I heard LE chuckle.

 

"Follow me," she spoke lowly as she passed by me. I waited a few seconds before following her. She led me to her dressing room and closed the door. "Sorry about the whole surprise thing. I was pretty into the crowd and it was really entertaining," she laughed.

 

"It's fine," I said slowly.

 

"I just feel bad. Kissing your idol is like everyone's dream and I made it so platonic," she explained. "So, what if I make up for it? Right now," she locked her eyes with mine.

 

"I um you um," I couldn't even speak as she gently pushed me against the wall and trapped my body with hers.

 

"You're definitely not a kid in my eyes anymore," she whispered before I felt her lips, once again pressed against mine. I snapped out of the shock and kissed her back. She moaned softly and deepened the kiss as her arms wrapped around my waist. I wrapped mine around her neck as the kiss got heated. I've never been kissed like this nor have I ever kissed someone like this. This was crazy. She pulled away and rested her forehead against mine. "," she mumbled. I stayed quiet as I tried to catch my breath. She pulled back and stared at me, almost as if she was seeing a completely different person. She was about to say something but a knock at the door stopped her. "Come in," she called out. Jihwan walked in and I grew tense.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said and then left out of the room. I went outside to get fresh air and couldn't hide the smile on my face. I kissed LE.

 

~~~

 

I hardly slept last night due to LE being on my mind. That kiss was on my mind. I didn't even know that I could kiss someone like that. I mean I have been in love with her for years but the way she kissed me, that was different. I walked out of the dressing room fully clothed. Everyone gathered up in a circle as LE went with the usual prayer and pep talk. She looked up and our eyes locked for a second but then I forced myself to look away. The show was the usual and then came the . I sat in the chair and noticed signs that held my name with LE. I didn't realize that people really shipped up this hard. LE circled around me and then sat on my lap, as usual. She seemed nervous as she waited and that was unusual for LE.

 

"Are you okay?" I whispered. She turned and locked her eyes with mine before nodding.

 

"I'll be fine," was all she said before she started to dance. I sensed her being cautious while her hands slid over my body. Her mind must have been elsewhere. She moved closer to my face and I could tell that was contemplating kissing me or not. Our eyes locked and she kissed me softly. It was slightly longer than a peck and that made everyone cheer. She pulled back and I saw something in her eyes that I can't explain. She moved on with the rest of the routine and then the show was over. I went outside for some fresh air. I've been kissed by LE three times. The door opened, and I looked to my right to find LE standing there.

 

"Hey, Hani told me that you were out here," she spoke up. I nodded but said nothing. What was there to say? "Jeonghwa," she called out. I looked at her but then quickly felt myself being pushed against the building and her lips on mine. I moaned from the sudden impact but quickly kissed her back. Her hands went under my shirt and held onto my bare waist as mine tangled through her hair. She pulled back slightly and sighed. "I don't know why I just did that," she mumbled.

 

"I didn't mind," I whispered. She let a chuckle and shook her head.

 

"Of course, you didn't." She kept her hands on my waist as she leaned her forehead against mine. We both closed our eyes and just enjoyed each other's presence.

 

"I don't know what it is about you that has me stuck. I've never been this impulsive and reckless," she admitted.

 

"Well, I've had a crush on you since I was thirteen," I confessed.

 

"That's a long time. I've had a crush on you since you walked through the doors to audition. I thought that if I just didn't pay attention to women then I could put my interest in girls away, but I can't. I can't do that when you're involved," she told me.

 

"So, what now?"

 

"I don't know." She backed away and sighed.

 

"Hey," I called out and grabbed her hand. She looked down at our hands and slowly let her fingers fall through the gaps of mine. "We'll figure this out." She let out a small smile before going back inside.

 

~~~

 

I was dressed for the show and decided to go to the bathroom before. I went inside and then I was suddenly pulled into a stall. A hand covered my mouth and I saw LE standing there.

 

"Shh," she said. I heard heels clicking and they led outside of the bathroom. LE finally took her hand from my mouth, but I couldn't speak due to her lips quickly pressing against mine. I moaned at the impact but kissed her back. My hand gripped her waist as she cupped my face. She pulled away but rested her forehead on mine.

 

"You light this fire in me and it won't go out. I need it to go out," she mumbled. I was about to ask what she meant but then her hands traveled down my sides and she grabbed my . "You so much," she confessed. I wasn't always this shy I girl. LE just makes me nervous, but I want to prove to her that I know what I'm doing. I moved and pushed her against the wall. She seemed shocked at my sudden moves.

 

"That sounds like I should do something about it," I whispered.

 

"You taking charge like this is making it worst. I'm about to go on stage Jeonghwa," she reminded me.

 

"Then let's make this quick," I shrugged before kissing her neck. I automatically found her spot and bit down.

 

"," she moaned as she gripped my arms. "I don't want to get carried away. Just don't stop kissing me," she whispered. I nodded and returned to her lips.

 

~~~

 

LE smirked at me when the chairs were brought out for the . She was in a good mood ever since the bathroom scene. I walked over and sat down in the chair as the fans screamed. I looked out at the crowd and saw signs with our ship name. It's crazy how hard people ship us. LE circled around me and then sat on my lap. She turned to me slightly and still had a smirk on her face.

 

"I wish we weren't on stage right now," she mumbled. I nodded in agreement. She looked so hot and it was hard to control my hormones. She got up and started moving her hands over my body. She definitely let her hands roam tonight. Her face was close to mine as she cheers increased. I don't know what came over me, but I placed my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her into a kiss. She even seemed shocked by the initiative but kissed me back. Luckily, she remembered that we were on stage and ended the kiss, but the crowd went crazy. Her eyes darkened, and I knew that meant that she was . The show was over, and I felt someone grab me when I got off the stage. I turned and saw Hani standing there with a frown.

 

"What's going on between you and my sister?" She demanded.

 

"What?" I was shocked by the question.

 

"She never kissed Solji that way. She doesn't even kiss Jihwan that way. So once again, what's going on between you and my sister?" She crossed her arms. I looked to my left and saw LE walking through the hall. She smiled and talked to some of the people along the way. Her eyes found mine and I shot her a pleading look. Her eyebrows scrunched up as she made her way over to me.

 

"Hey Hani," she greeted her. She eyed me and smirked, "Jeonghwa."

 

"See! There it is again. What's going on between you two?" Hani looked at LE. She appeared shocked by the question.

 

"What the hell are you talking about Hani? I'm just living my life and having fun. You should try it sometime," she grinned before walking off, leaving me with Hani. She turned to me and frowned.

 

"I know you, Jeonghwa. There's something going on between the two of you," she cut her eyes at me. I felt like I was sweating under her gaze. How could I lie?

 

"I don't know," I admitted.

 

"You don't know?" She scrunched up her brows in confusion.

 

"We've kissed but that's it. I don't really know what's going through her head," I confessed. Hani shot me a sympathetic look.

 

"I know that my sister can be a bit confusing. I just don't want you to get hurt," she warned me. I moved and hugged her.

 

"Thanks for always looking out for me," I smiled as we pulled away. I talked to her and some of the other dancers for a while until I noticed LE looking at me. She nodded towards her dressing room and I follow her there. She locked the door and sighed.

 

"I'm sorry for putting you in that position with my sister. Even though you were the one who kissed me," she pointed out with a slight smirk. I blushed out of embarrassment. She moved and wrapped her arms around my waist. "You're so adorable." I wrapped mine around her neck and grinned.

 

"I'm sorry for kissing you like that. I don't know what got into me," I apologized. It was so impulsive.

 

"I don't mind at all. It's the energy that gets you hyped and then there's also me. I mean," she trailed sounding cocky. I giggled as she pulled me closer. "Who wouldn't want to kiss their idol?" She raised a brow. I felt like she was challenging me. I moved forward and kissed her. She moaned and kissed me back. A knock at the door interrupted us. LE sighed but went to open it. Hani stood there with a weird look on her face.

 

"You might wanna come outside. Solji is here and from the looks of things, she seems better. I think she might be able to come back and perform," she informed us. LE quickly walked out, and I followed.

 

"Solji!" LE rushed over and hugged her. "You told me that you wouldn't be back for the rest of the tour," she said after they pulled away.

 

"Eh can't I joke around?" She grinned. I felt a little uneasy knowing that now Solji will take her parts back. I walked away from the crowd and went outside. I needed to breathe.

 

"You know that she's getting her parts back, right?" I heard Hani's voice.

 

"She should. It's her parts," I shrugged. Hani sent me a sympathetic look and I sighed. "I'm gonna be fine. LE has her own life and I'm just some silly fan."

 

"Jeonghwa, I know my sister and there's something different about her. She's smiling more, she's nicer, and most importantly she's happy. I don't know what you did to her but it's obviously showing," was all she said before leaving.

 

~~~

 

Solji is back and now I'm sitting here watching her perform the parts I've become used to doing. The fans seemed happy that she was back. Then the dreaded part came. This is honestly torturing. LE was doing her typical routine, but I could tell that she was in her head. What was she thinking about? She leaned towards Solji but then her eyes looked up and found mine. She didn't kiss her. She just smirked at the audience and continued with her routine. Why didn't she kiss her? The show was over, and everyone seemed confused by LE's actions, but I can't say that I'm not relieved that she didn't kiss her. I felt a stare on me, so I turned to the right only to find her looking at me. She nodded towards the back door before walking. I followed a few minutes later and met her outside.

 

"Hey," she said once I came out.

 

"Hi," I spoke awkwardly. This is just weird. "Why didn't you kiss her?" I blurted out. It's stuck in my mind and I need to know why.

 

"Why do you think? I just couldn't do it. Not after I looked into your eyes. Something made me stop myself," she admitted.

 

"Wow, I didn't realize that I had that big of an impact on your decisions," I mumbled. She grabbed my hand and I locked my eyes with her.

 

"I like you and I don't want to have to entertain the audience while hurting you in the process," she told me. "Let me worry about everything but I'll fix this. There's no use in trying to hide who I am. I'm telling Jihwan in the morning and I want you to take over Solji's part in the ." I let out a smile and moved to hug her.

 

"Let's make this work."