Final~

Misleading Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                               

 

 

Lee Jeno, the only heir of Lee Corporation is the heartthrob of the entire college. Girls, and even boys drool over him. The boy is not only smart in his studies but is active in sports and other school activities making him favorite of all the teachers as well.

 

 

Renjun was singing major, topper of his faculty, cherished by all his teachers due to his pleasant personality and talent. His pretty features made him dream boy of many girls and few boys. His singing gave the college many wins in the zonal and even national competitions.

 

 

 

The Dream College was in the buzz due to inter-college talent competition. Being the top most in their faculty, Jeno was selected for the dance category and Renjun for singing.

There were seven categories, the college was going to compete in. The Principal called in the leaders of all of the teams to discuss with the students and also encourage them.

Mark, the leader of badminton team.

Renjun, leader of the singing squad.

Jeno, who is leading the dance troop.

Donghyuck, who is competing in piano.

Jaemin, leader of basketball team.

Chenle, leading the swimming group.

Jisung, leader of archery team.

 


“Participation is itself a great thing, so don’t stress over the win, just enjoy your time.” The Principal, Moon Taeil smiled. The leaders felt at ease with this one sentence. But, Mr. Moon continued, “You guys must have felt like I would say that but NO. You are the pride of Dream College, we have our full trust in you. So, you need to win anyway, in all category. Do your best! We need more new admissions in the upcoming year, you are our Brand Ambassador.”

 

 

The seven of them looked at each other’s face baffled.

This did not deter Mr. Moon at all. “The competition is upcoming month so, you will be staying in the boy’s hostel for a month. That way, you can train till late night and from early morning. Now go go, we need to go up!” Mr. Moon shooed the boys.

 

 

 

***

 

 

“This is my first time I met the Principal in person and I can already tell our college is like this due to him.” Donghyuck said once they were settled in the cafeteria.

“Hey, don’t say like that. He seems fine and our college is good as well.” Mark said in a defending tone.

“Oho…someone seems like a Mama’s boy!” Donghyuck spat.

“Yah, you are being rude.” Mark didn’t like the pianists from their first meet itself.

Not wanting a fight in the first meet, others tried to divert the subject.

“Anyways, I am fearing NCT team since they have some really tall players.” Jaemin had been face to face with the NCT players and man, their height and team work was no joke. He felt bit intimidated of Lucas’s height.

“BtoB have some great archers. We need to practice a lot to reach up to their level.” The maknae of the group voiced out his thought.

“In terms of cheoreo, I am confident, we just need to maintain our sync. Astro does good job but I am confident in our team.” Jeno seemed well planned.

Cocky, usual rich brat! Renjun thought.

“I heard KARD are good at swimming, but never been with them before so, need to see them this time.” Chenle was cool.

Renjun was the only one who did not contribute much in the conversation which went unnoticed by others along the chatters here and there. But Jeno’s attention was somehow attached to him. He could feel that Renjun was soft, innocent and pure just by the looks itself.

 

 

***

 

The rooms in dorm were divided as,

Mark and Jaemin as they would be using same big court for practice.

Chenle and Jisung since their practice rooms were next to each other.

Renjun, Jeno and Donghyuck since they were related to music one way or another.

 

Everyone were fine with the arrangement. They knew each other but were not close before this. They thought this would be a good chance to build new friendship, except one person, who happens to be Renjun. He didn’t like sharing room with Jeno, the heir of Lee Corporation.

That boy would surely have much demand, seems like a high maintenance kid…hmph…

 

***

 

Sharing room and court, Mark and Jaemin became quickly close to each other. Many things were similar between them so, they became besties in a short span.

 

While Chenle was practicing his swimming, Jisung was found practicing his archery just next door. Both had some sort of childishness and seriousness in themselves, they were like long lost soul mates.

 

On the other hand, the trio were complicated. Renjun was fine when he was with Donghyuck alone but when Jeno was there, he spat all the bitterness.

As long as Jeno remembers, he has done nothing wrong to the said boy, heck he has not even talked to him properly, so he could not understand all the hate that he was getting.

 

***

 

Early morning the team leaders would gather their teammates and go to practice. They were exempted from other school activities during that period.

 

At night, the team of the seven boys would have long conversations of their activities throughout the day and how some of their team mates need more attention, in which area they need to focus more, and just about everything and nothings. 

As they were talking, Chenle exclaimed, “I am glad to have Jisung as roommate. We are lot similar. We both are big heads as well.” He seemed proud of his feature.

The members were fond of the maknae duo, they had that free spirit which was very lovable.

“Ah…Mark hyung also has big head! Wow! We have 3 Big heads in our team!” Chenle was so happy to find out more people whom he could save in his iPhone as Big Head 1, Big Head 2.

Going with the flow, Mark too commented, “Donghyuck seems to have small head.”

Renjun immediately added, “So, he has little brain in his small head.”

“Bwoya…” Donghyuck jokingly threatened the elder.

 

 

One thing that Jeno learned about Renjun was Never Judge a Book by it’s cover. Though he may look soft, he has the sharpest tongue and is found frequently strangling others, especially Chenle and Jisung.

 

 

“Jaemin ah, can you make fried rice for me. You make the best late night snack.” Renjun was tucking Jaemin’s tee so cutely that he could not say No.

“Aww~ Our Injunnie wants some food.” Jaemin cooed the said boy who only nodded as an affirmation.

They were both being adorable, nothing much but Jeno felt his heart constrain. There was something that made him want to separate the two of them but could not figure out why he was feeling the way he was feeling.

 

***

 

Since they were both heading towards practice, Jeno offered Renjun a ride. Renjun observed the loaded kid was riding the latest Honda CBR.

“Thanks but I am fine walking.” Renjun declined.

“We have same destination so, why not go together.” Jeno still tried.

“Because I don’t want to ride a rich kid’s bike.”

By this point, Jeno knew that Renjun was always blunt with his answers.

“Then how about we walk together?”

“Why would YOU WALK? You have chauffeurs to drive you around and bike if you want to go on your own, so why bother?” Renjun could not understand Jeno. He believed that rich kids are supposed to be arrogant but Jeno is doing too much for pretending to be nice.

“Because I want to.” Jeno simply replied.

“Suit yourself.”

Jeno hurriedly left his bike and walked along side Renjun.

Jeno could get anything he wants, anyone he wants, be anyway he wants, but still Renjun could see the sincerity he is putting to be friend with a normal boy like himself. Renjun wondered why he even wants to befriend him. If he was only nice to him, he could have doubted his intentions but Jeno was really loved by all, not only in romantic way. He was humble, caring, giving, never misused his power, always stood in line to get his lunch. Renjun wanted to hate Jeno because that’s the only feeling he has towards wealthy people but Jeno is making him feel different, like he wants to understand Jeno more, he wants to befriend him as well.

 

 

 

On the way, there was a small gift shop, something caught Renjun’s focus so, he immediately ran towards it. Not knowing what the matter was, Jeno followed.

Renjun excitedly jumped and hugged the big, as big as himself, Moomin plushy but when he saw the price tag, his face dropped and he put it back at its place.  

 

Renjun went to the counter and pleaded the shopkeeper, “Good Morning uncle. Can you please save my Moomin till next month. This month, I have to stay in dorm so, can’t go for my part time, which means can’t save any money but next month I will surely come to get it. Can you please please please keep it for me.” Renjun’s enthusiasm for that doll and how soft he was when requesting the shop owner made Jeno realize that he wanted so see Renjun as he is now forever. He cherished Renjun a lot more than his normal friends. He wanted to give all the happiness in the world to the cutest boy in front.

“Can’t promise boy. If no one comes to buy it, you can have it, else I won’t put it in stock.” The person answered as the business person he is.

“Hmm… You won’t have to put it in stock for long, I will definitely, certainly, 100 percent, come to get it next month.” Renjun tried his best to persuade the shop owner.

“Umm…Renjun, I can pay for it.” Jeno wanted to buy all the Moomin plushies in the store for the boy, to be honest.

“I don’t want your Mama’s money. I will get it when I can.” Renjun was determined.

Jeno liked Renjun but poor boy could not even understand why the other hates him with all his might. Just because he is rich? That’s can’t be the only reason right!

“If you leave some advance for it, I can keep it for you.” The shop keeper offered seeing Renjun’s love for the doll.

“Thank You so much Ajusshi. I will give you the advance tomorrow.” Renjun beamed.

 

***

 

Later at night, when Jeno heard Renjun borrowing money from Donghyuck, he felt so bad, so sad, so terrible.

What’s the reason that he could borrow from Donghyuck but not him ><

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter