fin.

Drunk

Author's Note - Well, another old rewritten shot for DaiMo! I should get back to writing from the scratch thesedays but we'll see 

 


 

Mo Han frowned, upon hearing the bell ringing throughout her apartment. She was just in the middle of finishing up her work and she wasn’t really expecting anyone at that hour. It was almost one in the morning, not exactly the ideal time for anyone to be coming over.

 

“Yes?” she quickly grabbed her sweater before wearing it over her shirt, rushing to get the door but her frown only deepened upon seeing whom it was through the peephole. Mo Han contemplated for a moment, on whether to open the door or not and decided to go with the first option. She might not welcome Dai Meng’s presence entirely, but considering that the girl had made her way all over to Mo Han’s place in the middle of the night, it must be something.

 

“How may I help you-”

 

The moment she opened the door for the girl though, Dai Meng immediately collapsed into her arms, reeking of alcohol. Mo Han could only scrunch her nose in disgust. Since when did Dai Meng start drinking? As far as she remembers, Dai Meng wasn’t that much of a fan of alcohol, just like she is.

 

“What the heck? Why are you like this?”

 

Mo Han was answered with a light snore from Dai Meng, earning a sigh from the slightly older girl.

 

“How did you even make your way here,” Mo Han said to no one in particular. Whether she liked it or not, Mo Han’s going to let her ex-girlfriend stay over at her place anyways. There’s the choice of letting Dai Meng sleep outside in the cold but Mo Han’s not that cruel sadly.

 

Mo Han tried her best to drag the younger girl along the floor, to the little steps that lead to her bedroom before throwing Dai Meng on her bed with a loud groan.

 

“You’re so freaking heavy. Did you gain a lot of weight?” Mo Han cursed under her breath, eyeing the girl who was deep asleep in her bed. It had only been a month since their break up, but she didn’t know that Dai Meng was going to change this much. Turning into an alcoholic and all. Perhaps, the only thing that hasn’t changed about the girl is the silly smile that is plastered on her face whenever she’s asleep, to which Mo Han couldn’t contain her own from watching Dai Meng. “Stupid.”

 

Mo Han quietly made her way to tuck Dai Meng under the covers, leaving the latter snoring on her own, to finish off the work that awaits her on the coffee table. She’s just going to leave a note for Dai Meng next morning before going to her office early. Mo Han wouldn’t have to deal with her in that way – along with all the old feelings that she had been trying to bury.

 

-

 

The first thing that she saw the moment her eyelids fluttered open was not her ceiling surprisingly. Did she sleep with someone last night? She couldn’t even remember what she did the night before to be honest, other than chugging down bottles of old wines with her best friend.

 

“Where am I?” Dai Meng let out a small grunt, tossing to her side to only be greeted by the cold sheets. She however, finally notices the familiar bunny plushie seated on the beanbag near the bedside table, to which belongs to someone who used to – and is still, very dear to her.

 

Dai Meng hurriedly rose from the bed, only to regret it a few moments after, feeling the throb in her head return. “,” she glanced around the room, swallowing her saliva at the sudden dryness in . Did she spend a night with Mo Han? What exactly happened last night?

 

Dai Meng forced herself to get out of the bed, dragging her feet while letting her eyes roam around the apartment for any sight of Mo Han. She didn’t know whether to feel relieved or disappointed upon finding out that she was in fact, alone in the place.

 

Dai Meng heaved out a sigh, heading straight for the kitchen to get a glass of water and she couldn’t help but to notice the pink memo pasted on the refrigerator.

 

“Nothing happened last night, just in case you can’t remember. You walked into my place, all drunk and I let you slept on my bed. There’s some instant cup noodles in my cabinet if you’re hungry. Make sure to clean up afterwards. – Mo Han.”

 

Was what it read, and Dai Meng once again sighed in relief as she tore away the memo before throwing it into the trashcan.

 

Speaking of trashcan, all Dai Meng could see were fast food wrappers, along with some instant noodles packages and she’s starting to wonder when was the last time her ex even had a proper home-cooked meal.

 

A scowl crept onto her face as soon as she opened the refrigerator, only to find a few tubs of ice cream in the cooler and the rest are pretty much empty except for the bottles of water.

 

“This girl.”

 

-

 

Mo Han could only hope that Dai Meng would be long gone by the time she got back, because all she wanted after a long day at work was a proper rest and maybe, some food to fill her empty stomach but she doesn’t really care about that right now. She could even survive a day without eating as long as she gets her well-deserved sleep.

 

Her prayer seems to be answered seeing that Dai Meng was nowhere to be seen in her apartment, but the yellow pot on the dining table immediately caught her eyes. Since when did she leave it lying around?

 

Mo Han furrowed her brows in confusion as she approached the table but her question was soon answered by the small note stuck on the lid of the pot.

 

“I cooked some soup earlier and left you some. You should heat it up first, there’s even some rice in the rice cooker. I’m sorry for crashing in last night uninvited. That aside, you should try to make a schedule for yourself really. It’s not good to rely on those unhealthy food. I took the liberty of filling your fridge with some groceries so I hope you won’t mind with that. Just take it as a thank you for letting me stay over last night. I’m sorry again. –Dai Meng.”

 

“You should’ve just left me an essay or something. This doesn’t even count as a note,” Mo Han mumbled and  unknown to her was the smile that she had on her face as soon as she finished reading Dai Meng’s message.

 

-

 

Mo Han huffed in annoyance hearing the doorbell ringing in the middle of the night once again, just after she had finished taking her late night shower. Who on earth could it be?

 

Mo Han was about to curse out loud towards her late night visitor, as she unlocked the door but Mo Han didn’t even get a chance to, when the scene that had happened before on the exact same hour repeated right in front of her. Dai Meng, all drunk and collapsing into her arms again. Has the girl made it her habit to get drunk every weekend and crash into her place?

 

“What the- What are you doing here again?” Mo Han whined. Dai Meng just had to come over drunk, while she’s fresh out of the showers and still wet in her towel.

 

The only difference this time though, was the fact that Dai Meng still had bits of her consciousness in her and that she managed to squint her eyes to see the person that happens to be holding her.

 

“Oh? Momo? What are you doing here?”

 

“I should be asking you that. This is ‘my’ house,” she replied, pulling Dai Meng along with her nevertheless before dropping the younger girl to her couch. Mo Han stood in front of Dai Meng, her hands on her hips. “This can’t go on forever. We’ve already broken up and you’re dropping by here as if this is some kind of motel.”

 

“Broke up? When?” Dai Meng lifted a small smile, definitely not sober as she leered at Mo Han’s figure. She’s starting to feel more intoxicated upon the sight of Mo Han in her current state, barely cladded in her pink towel.

 

“Never mind, you’re clearly drunk,” Mo Han grumbled, shaking her head at Dai Meng’s state as she turned around to head for the direction of the kitchen. “Let me go get dressed first before I go get you a glass of water to sober you up a bit-“ Mo Han gasped and halted when a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her waist, preventing her from taking any more steps. “What on earth are you doing?”

 

“Momo, let’s make some love tonight,” Dai Meng’s breath was tickling against the back of her ear as she feels Dai Meng pressing against her back, a jolt of electricity running through the older girl’s body.

 

“Snap out of it Dai Meng,” Mo Han hissed, trying to push Dai Meng away from her but her attempt was futile the second Dai Meng started nibbling on her neck, along with the words that were spewed out from the latter.

 

“I missed you Momo. I really do.”

 

-

 

Dai Meng slowly stirred up from her sleep, the moment she burrowed her face deeper into something soft and warm. She exhaled loudly at the sight of someone’s bare s in front of her. She must’ve slept with someone she met at the bar last night, she thought. Dai Meng took her time in pulling away from the figure, and froze as soon as she got a glimpse of the face of the person whom she had slept with.

 

It was her ex, Mo Han. Momo. God ing Momo.

 

And it turns out that the girl had been long awake before she is.

 

“You sleep like a baby,” Mo Han muttered under her breath as she meets Dai Meng’s gaze.

 

“I-I… What happened last night?”

 

“You were drunk again last night,” Mo Han sighed, pulling the covers over herself to prevent the younger girl from seeing her glory. Although, her action is pretty much worthless seeing they had pretty much seen every inch of each other.

 

“Did we--”

 

“Yes, we had ,” Mo Han replied boldly, ushering Dai Meng to turn to look the other way as she goes to grab some clothes to change into. “I need to change, turn around.”

 

“O-Oh,” Dai Meng blushed and slowly nodded, complying with Mo Han’s request. She doesn’t even know what more to say after finding out that something really did happen last night. Is everything going to be different now?

 

“You can leave after I’m done making breakfast,” Mo Han said, pulling her hair up into a ponytail after having a pair of shorts and an oversized tee on.

 

A tad of disappointment hit her upon hearing Mo Han’s words. What was she expecting anyways? For the two of them to get together and Mo Han asking her out once again?

 

But nonetheless, Dai Meng agreed to stay over for breakfast since it really had been a while where she gets to have breakfast together with Mo Han after all.

 

“Sure, did you start cooking properly again?”

 

“Yeah, only when the workload isn’t that much.”

 

“Oh, that’s good then.”

 

-

 

“What are you doing really, just ask her out again already,” Tako sighed in frustration, watching her friend continuously stirring the cup of coffee in front of her for so long. “If this is about your ego-“

 

“This is not about my ego!” Dai Meng snapped, trying to defend herself. But Tako knew her better than she does, to even get offended by Dai Meng’s sudden raise of voice.

 

“It is. You were afraid of your ego being crushed, since you’re the one who broke up with her first. You should’ve watched your words first instead of just insulting her like that, the moment you saw her co-worker dropping her off at her place,” Tako clicked her tongue. “Didn’t she tell you that he was just a friend? Why couldn’t you have trusted your girlfriend instead of what you saw?”

 

“I-I, I just can’t stand seeing her with someone else,” Dai Meng admitted, her head hanging low. “Yes, you’re right. It’s my ego that’s holding me back,” she whispered. “What should I do Tako?”

 

“What should you do? To get her back you mean?” Tako smiled, propping her chin onto her palm.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“That’s simple. I could help you out with that, as long as you’re willing to throw away your ego a bit.”

 

“What was that supposed to mean?”

 

“You’ll see.”

 

-

 

It seems to her that Sunday, is the day she should be dreading the most that month. Because instead of getting her weekend to all herself, someone just had to crash it. Mo Han was glad that the disturbance came from a phone call this time, instead of a person.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Hey, this is Tako. Do you still remember me?”

 

“Tako?” Mo Han blinked for a few times. “Zhang Yuge? Dai Meng’s friend?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Uhm, how may I help you?”

 

“Well actually, I wanted to speak to you about something,” Mo Han could hear the girl chuckling on the other line.

 

“Is this about Dai Meng?”

 

“You’re quick to catch on. Anyways, yes it is about Dai Meng.”

 

“What’s with her?” Mo Han frowned, folding her free arm.

 

“She wanted to apologize to you, for all the words she said to you.”

 

Mo Han was starting to get annoyed by the phone call, and the thought of Dai Meng. What’s wrong with the girl really, it wouldn’t kill her to apologize in person and worst of all, she is actually asking a friend of hers to apologize in her stead? “Why thank you, that’s sweet of her but she could’ve told me earlier and by herself instead of asking you to do it-“

 

“Which is why you should be looking outside of your window right now.”

 

“…Wait, what?”

 

“Look outside of the window, you’ll know what I mean.”

 

Mo Han was greeted by the sight of Tako waving to her as soon as she does what she was told, but that wasn’t what surprised her. It was the huge heart, formed by lit up candles on the grass that made her look in astonishment.

 

“What the-“

 

“I think I should hang up now and leave you alone, enjoy the rest of the night,” Tako smiled as she ended the phone call, walking away from the parking lot.

 

Mo Han stepped out into her balcony, still couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Not long after that, stepped in her ex with a loudspeaker, who seemed to have been hiding behind a nearby bush and the look on her face saying that even Dai Meng herself wasn’t going to believe what she was about to do.

 

“Hey, what on earth are you doing?” Mo Han shouted out.

 

The loudspeaker in her hand was then , with Dai Meng replying the older girl’s words. “Just listen to what I’m going to say Momo,” she cleared up . “I’m sorry for insulting you like that on that day. I’m the real here. I’m the real here. I shouldn’t have called you all those names, I’m really sorry. If you could just give me one more chance, I’ll do anything to get that chance. I’ll even burn my hair on these candles!”

 

By the time she was done with her words, most of Mo Han’s neighbours were already woken up by all the noises and of course, no one was happy to see a crazy girl in the parking lot in the middle of the night.


“Hey, what the hell are you doing?!”

 

“We’re trying to sleep here, where are your manners girl?!”

 

Mo Han could only hang her head in embarrassment, and even mouthed and gestured to the younger girl to come up that second before she does anything more.

 

“You better come up and stop all these.”

 

“What?” Dai Meng replied, her voice booming through the loudspeaker.

 

“I said to get up here this instance you idiot!”

 

"Am I forgiven?"

 

Mo Han bowed her head repeatedly to her angry neighbours, before returning her attention to Dai Meng. “Yes you are, so please come up now!”

 

-

 

Dai Meng smiled awkwardly as she stood in the middle of Mo Han’s apartment, a bouquet of flowers in her hands. From the looks of it, Mo Han wasn’t that happy with the stunt that she had pulled off earlier.

 

“Uhm, I’ve got flowers for you,” Dai Meng held out her bouquet, to which Mo Han took with a frown.

 

“You’re disturbing the others. What would you do if they were to call the police? I’m not going to be there to bail you out.”

 

“But…y-you’ve already forgiven me no?” Dai Meng bit her lower lip.

 

“Yes I do. Did I say that I was going to give you another chance though?” Mo Han scoffed, the look on her face looking seemingly unbothered.

 

“P-Please give me another chance Momo!” Dai Meng was quick to get on her knees, almost making Mo Han burst into laughter.

 

“What are you willing to do for that chance?”

 

“Anything, anything that you want me to.”

 

“Didn’t you say that you were willing to burn your hair on the candles earlier?” Mo Han tapped her chin, making Dai Meng widened her eyes in return.

 

“You want me to do that…?”

 

“Surely you do meant what you were saying earlier no?” Mo Han raised her eyebrows. Dai Meng let out a small whimper, nodding her head slowly. The younger girl then made her way towards the doorstep, ready to do what she was told but just as she was about to step a foot outside, the door was slammed shut and she was silenced with a kiss as Mo Han pushes her back against the wooden surface, the latter smiling against her lips.

 

“Stupid. I’m just kidding.”

 

Perhaps, Tako was right after all.

 

All she needed to get Mo Han back was to throw her ego aside for a bit – but wait, who was going to put out all the candles outside?

 

-

 

“Tako, why do I have to do this again?” Luoluo whined as she threw a pout towards the older girl that was squatting next to her, blowing out the candles one by one.

 

“You wanted to be with me, so you have to do this.”

 

“What I meant by that is that I wanted to go out with you! Not do this!”

 

“Well, if you want to have a date with me, you’ll have to do this first,” Tako playfully winked, making the high school girl blush. “Just so you know, I could get arrested for dating a minor.”

 

“I’m turning legal in four months,” Luoluo murmured, nevertheless continuing to put out the candles.

 

Oh, the things you do for love.