Part One

Glittery Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae had a big mouth. Chanyeol had never noticed before.

 

Kind of like a megaphone. Whatever he said was loud and projected right into Chanyeol’s ears and all across the room and Chanyeol had no idea how he had never noticed it before. It could open wide. It felt like Jongdae wasn’t talking. It felt like Jongdae was the words he pronounced. Chanyeol wondered how many fries Jongdae could fit in that mouth. He hoped it wasn’t as many as he could fit. He hoped he could fit in his own mouth as many fries as Jongdae could fit in his. The more fries, the better. 

 

Now that he thought about it, Chanyeol was kind of a fry. Tall, blonde, and gorgeous. So that was why he loved fries so much. Chanyeol liked to eat his own kind. Interesting.

 

But Jongdae had a bigger mouth. Surprisingly. Alcohol really opened up the mind and the eyes.

 

"Don’t you think so?" Jongdae asked, his broad mouth finally producing sound again.

 

Chanyeol blinked, towed his gaze up from his mouth to his eyes. Jongdae blinked, awaiting an answer to something Chanyeol hadn’t heard. It wasn’t his fault. His ears had just been scared off by Jongdae’s gigantic mouth for a while. But they’d gathered their courage and were back now. He shouldn’t blow their cover and humiliate them.

 

"Yeah," he said, dragging the sound out and humming as he brought his glass up to sip on whatever was inside. He didn’t know. It could be beer. A martini? Vodka or bourbon. He’d drank so much he couldn’t differentiate tastes anymore. Jongdae was still blinking. He had to say something. "The novel I’m translating now is about mutant teens with snake tongues."

 

Jongdae nodded with a low and stretched oh. Perhaps he’d been talking about weird kids while Chanyeol couldn’t hear him. Had he hit the bull in the eye? Or the face? Or was it the ear? He didn’t know but he’d done it. Chanyeol was so smart. Tall, blonde, gorgeous, and smart. He was such a good catch.

 

He shifted his weight on his legs and lost his balance for a moment. Jongdae grabbed his arm to steady him. See? He was a good catch.

 

"But don’t you think that novel is kind of exploiting snakes?" Jongdae said then, eyebrows stretching into a frown as monumental as his mouth.

 

Chanyeol tilted his head. "Actually you’re right. Why do they need to make fun of snakes? Poor snakes probably feel very insecure about their forked tongue."

 

Jongdae gasped. "Do you think that’s why they hiss at people and show their tongue before attacking? Because they think it’s a feature that scare them away?"

 

Chanyeol deflated, looking down into the sloshing in his glass. "I can’t believe other animals conditioned snakes into thinking their special tongue is ugly and scary." Poor, poor snakes. He should maybe buy a snake. Chanyeol would reassure it every day about its cute tongue. But then Toben might get jealous and eat the snake.

 

He swore that pup was energetic and crazy enough to defeat even a snake. No. No snake for him. Chanyeol would not contribute to the bullying of snakes.

 

"Jongdae!" someone called out from the other side of the room and they both whipped around to see someone energetically waving towards them while jumping up and down on the other side of the room.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t recognize them, he wasn’t sure whether it was the alcohol or if he just didn’t know them. Whose house was this even? Why was he in a party with people he didn’t know?

 

"Jaehee, my dude," Jongdae screamed back, raising a hand and waving just as energetically. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. Jaehee. He didn’t know who that was but he knew who that was.Yes. That was a name he knew.

 

But from where? He gulped on the magical potion in his glass for more knowledge. All it gave him was a cough when Jongdae hit his chest and told him he’d be back in a while. Chanyeol nodded and looked down as he choked on his drink. He squeezed his eyes shut and breathed in and once the coughing subsided, he opened his eyes again. Oh. That ugly thing on the floor was Jongdae’s carpet. Right. This was his best friend’s house.

 

But the shoes that suddenly stepped on the carpet, right in front of Chanyeol’s own sneakers, weren’t Jongdae’s. He looked up and blinked a few times. Too much shine and color and dazzles. He blinked, and blinked, and once his eyes had gotten used to it, he looked into a gaze crowned by pink and purple glitter. Was this an alien? With glittery eyelids? No way this was a man. No man looked so good with makeup on. He’d never even seen a man wear makeup outside of youtube thumbnails. Alien then. This was a pretty alien.

 

The alien opened his eyes and frowned at him.

 

"Man, your clothes are so ugly."

 

. This was an evil alien. Came to invade their world and his first victim would be Chanyeol. No. He shouldn’t let the pretty alien win over him. Nope. He should fight back.

 

"That’s not a nice thing to say," he mumbled, moving to cross his arms over his chest for maximum intimidation only to remember he was holding a drink when a few drops spilled on his hand.

 

"I’m not saying it to be mean!" the perhaps-human-probably-alien guy defended himself, waving a hand between them. A hand that was perfect to be stared at. "I just want to help you."

 

Chanyeol grimaced, watching as the alien, who had a misunderstanding of the human concept of kindness, failed in his blinking. It was as if the eyelashes of one of his eyes got stuck together for a second. It was a stutter, a glitch in his system. Maybe he actually was a robot. A cyborg. That could explain the shine, although it wasn’t metallic. This was a cotton candy cyborg.

 

"How is insulting me going to help me?" he asked, trying his hardest to figure out how the mind of a cyborg worked. It was seemingly a stupid mind. Perhaps they weren’t more advanced than humans up there, in the stars.

 

"You see that Kibum guy over there?" he said, pointing to their left. Chanyeol followed his finger but couldn’t see a Kibum guy over there. He didn’t even know a Kibum guy. He didn’t know half of Jongdae’s friends. When the glittery alien’s hand dropped and he looked back at Chanyeol, it was with a scrunch of his nose. "Well, he’s an . He will drag you for your clothes. Don’t go near him. He dragged me and I look amazing. He’d destroy you."

 

Once again, Chanyeol followed the lead of his hand and looked down at where the other gestured, his own body. His clothes. And those were some clothes.

 

He had nice legs. They weren’t the longest legs Chanyeol had ever seen but somehow, they didn’t really look that short either. Maybe it was the pants. They were a little shiny, but not in the way his eyes were shiny. The fabric just had a sheen to it, one that didn’t necessarily look expensive but just well-chosen. It didn’t hug his legs suffocatingly but just enough to accentuate their shape and length, the breadth of his hips. Those were some nice hips. Probably very nice to hug. 

 

Just like his shirt hugged his chest. Not really. That was a lame hug. The shirt wasn’t buttoned all the way up, but tucked into his pants, large enough for the fabric to ripple and puff a little around his waist. Allied to the stripe of skin thickening as it went up from around the middle of his torso, it was a pleasant, enticing sight. Chanyeol would’ve stared at the sanguine red of the patterned fabric if a glow on the alien’s collarbones hadn’t caught his attention. It was a layer of gold, highlighting the sculpt of collarbones, creaming the skin.

 

This wasn’t fair. Aliens were supposed to look weird, not hot. And cuddly. Chanyeol kind of wanted to nuzzle his nose against the golden glow of those collarbones. Perhaps the alien had just stollen the radiance and the warmth of the sun to tuck it into his own skin. Chanyeol would love to test that theory out.

 

He looked back up at the other’s face and grinned, the alien reflecting it right away. It was a pretty nice smile. A very nice smile. The glitter was on his eyelids, not on his lips and yet, Chanyeol’s eyes were surprised by the brilliance offered to them for a moment. It felt wrong to call something so mesmerizing an alien.

 

"Oh," Chanyeol said when the other remained silent. Right. It was his turn to speak. "You do look very great. I like your clothes. You make the clothes look pretty awesome. Pretty."

 

He laughed, not really a shy laugh, but a soft one. He shrugged his shoulders and more than a sign of nonchalance, it was a sign of pleasance.

 

"Thank you very much." And then he hehe-ed. Was this legal according to intergalactic laws? This amount of adorableness? Was there a space police station Chanyeol could report this to?

 

But would they even take him in there? Apparently, aliens had to dress nicely. Chanyeol looked down at himself. He was dressed awesomely. His jeans weren’t even ripped at the knees and he was wearing his favorite, warmest hoodie. This was Chanyeol’s best outfit, according to his own standards. Maximum comfort. Minimum amount of effort. Maximum score in the I’d-sleep-in-this department. Or not. Chanyeol didn’t like sleeping in jeans. He’d have to take them off. That meant this wasn’t his best outfit at all. This meant this was a disastrous outfit.

 

He pursed his lips and looked back at the fashionable alien cyborg beauty. 

 

"Do you really think my clothes ?" he asked in a mumble, chewing on his lower lip afterwards.

 

The other hummed, studying his outfit while crossing his arms against his chest. It tugged the fabric of his shirt down even more, freed an additional inch of skin. Were he not so sad about his own clothes, Chanyeol would’ve wondered how that skin would look like with no red fabric on it at all.

 

"I mean," he said, stopped for a long while before shaking his head and blinking. Another glitch. Perhaps aliens didn’t work well with alcohol. Look at Chanyeol. He had downed glasses after glasses of various drinks and he was still doing pretty good. He was better than aliens. "Let’s say you could’ve done better."

 

Chanyeol sighed, feeling his entire body slumping with the breath that left him.

 

"But this is my favorite hoodie," he argued weakly. "It’s so comfortable and soft and warm. Here, touch it," he offered, grabbing the other’s hand and pulling it closer. He’d do anything to defend his hoodie’s honor.

 

The alien let him guide his hand and frowned when chanyeol pressed it flat against his chest. It took a short moment of staring for the other to eventually move his hand and the fabric, hesitantly and halfheartedly. Then, he stopped.

 

"Oh," he hummed and truly started touching the hoodie, caressing the fabric back and forth. "Oh my god," he said, or rather questioned. His intonation went up higher towards the end of his sentence and Chanyeol grinned. His hoodie was winning over the other. He knew he could trust the power of the hoodie, had known it was special the moment he’d first touched it years ago before buying it instantly. "Oh god, I want to cuddle you," the hoodie-seduced alien suddenly blurted out.

 

Instantly, Chanyeol perked up with a large grin.

 

"Really?" he asked excitedly, still holding onto the wrist of the hand that was still touching his hoodie, giving it the love and recognition it deserved. 

 

"Yeah!" the alien answered just as enthusiastically, bouncing once on the sole of his feet. "This is like the best cuddling costume. It’s so warm and soft and just touching it feels like a hug," he explained, hand gripping the fabric, balling it in his palm.

 

At that moment, Chanyeol did feel very much hugged by his hoodie and those words. Someone wanted to cuddle him just because of his flawless taste in clothing. And that someone could potentially be from a different planet. Alien or not, Chanyeol was always down to be cuddled.

 

"Hell yeah," he said, bringing his glass up to his mouth to down the rest of the bitter, slightly spicy drink. He scrunched his features at the taste, shaking his head as the other laughed at him. Chanyeol beamed, feeling his cheeks twitch as he pulled the other’s hand down but kept holding onto his wrist. "Let’s cuddle, dude," he officially replied to the request.

 

The glittery alien cheered and Chanyeol joined in noisily before pulling him along as he started walking.

 

"I know the perfect cuddling spot," he said, looking at the other over his shoulder as they weaved their way out of the small but still considerable crowd in Jongdae’s house.

 

He put his empty glass down on a table when they walked past it, not paying attention to it when it tumbled over and rolled on the table. He looked away before seeing whether it fell to the ground or not and soon, they were out of the living room. There was l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter