Final

One Simple Yet Beautiful Moment

It is quite cold and lonely having a whole house to herself as well as the little one, who falls asleep on its owner’s laps. If not because of TV, which is showing a drama right now, it would have been more quiet; only the sound of rain falling outside can be heard. Sitting on the large couch in front of a big TV in a pleasant living room lightened by the gleam of two small lamps, a young beautiful lady heaves a soft sigh and continues to pat Golden, their pet, gently as her eyes keep fighting to stay open while staring at the show in the front.

“Why hasn’t he come back yet?” She mumbles alone while trying to stay awake. Her eyes have got teary all because of the countless yawns she has had. Her body gets limper as minutes pass. The soft sound of rain falling hitting the rooftop and chilling air coming from the ac do not help but lullaby her sleepy soul to fall into a slumber. Although her body seems to give up, her mind still wants to wait, wait for him to come back, assure that he is safe at home.

It is 11 pm already. The neighbors have gone to sleep. The neighborhood becomes dark and quiet. And here she is, sitting and waiting for her beloved husband’s return.

He called and said there were some essential documents needed to recheck before next week, and as a manager, he had to stay over and complete the tasks which caused him to be late. He told her not to wait and just sleep early, but it feels strange going to sleep without his presence, and the concern of his safety stops her from following his words. She is going to be scolded because of this for sure, but she cannot help it. Who can sleep when her husband is nowhere at night?

“ahhhh…” this is the nth that she yawns. This time, it causes most of her energy. Her head slowly falls resting on the backrest of the couch, her hand stops moving and stays still on the soft fur of Golden, her body limply rests on the soft seat, and her eyelids have finally dropped until they are completely close. Slowly and unconsciously, Yunae drifts to the dreamland.

--------

The gentle sneak of a pair of strong arms on her shoulders and under her knees wakes her up from her sleep. With her eyes still close, Yunae feels her body is being pulled slowly toward a familiar warmth of another body before she is lifted in a bridal style and taken to somewhere.

“Kyungsoo…” She murmurs softly calling him as soon as she opens her eyes and sees her husband’s face. Hearing his wife call, Kyungsoo looks down at her, who is staring up at him with her eyes half-close, as he secures her petite body in his arms and continues walking to their bedroom. His lips curve up into a small admiring smile, seeing his wife in her delicate state. 

“shhh… go back to sleep. You’re tired.”

“Golden?”

“I put him in his bed already.”

“Ohh…” Yunae then circles her arms around Kyungsoo’s neck hugging him while still being carried. “I miss you.” She places a kiss on his shirt where his heart is before snuggling into his chest like a kitten. Her action makes butterflies in his stomach stir up just like the first time they met. It has been 2 years since they got married and 4 years since they have known each other, yet Yunae has never failed to make him nervous and fluttered all over again.

Kyungsoo smiles tenderly at her before bringing her head closer to give her a firm kiss on her forehead. His lip links there as he mumbles softly against her skin. “I miss you too baby.” He pulls away only to see his wife already has her eyes closed. He lets out a chuckle and leaves another kiss on her hair before walking in to their bedroom’s door.

Kyungsoo puts Yunae gently on their king-size bed, afraid that she would wake up since she is quite a light sleeper. Pulling a blanket to cover her small body, he brushes her hair away from her face and lets out a light sigh with a smitten smile while looking at his wife’s sleeping face. She looks tired. Her face is slightly pale but still beautiful. His heart tightens at thought of his wife who will have to suffer for the time being.

“Sleep well princess” He kisses her cheek before standing up and starting to leave. Before he can step away, a hand grasp his stopping him from walking. “Don’t go. I don’t want to sleep without you.” Yunae murmurs with her eyes still close and hand holding his, which softens his heart. Kyungsoo bends down again and cares her cheeks gently making her open her eyes.

“I’ll take a quick shower, and I’ll be back really soon ok?” He says in a whisper voice before leaving a kiss on her cheek making her smile and nod her head.

“I love you princess.”

“I love you too.”

 

Kyungsoo comes out from the bathroom only with the towel wrapping around his waist. He quickly glances at his wife and finds her already fall asleep while hugging and snugging into his pillow. Chuckling, he shakes his head lightly and walks to his closet to get a pair of sweatpants. Leaving his upper uncovered, he ruffles his wet hair with a small towel to get it dry before walking to the other side of the bed and sneaking in beside his wife, who is having her back facing him. Kyungsoo places his head on Yunae’s pillow since she uses his as a bolster now and snakes his arms to hug her waist from behind. Bringing her body as close as possible to his, he closes his eyes and inhales the strawberry fragrance from her hair, which always soothes his mind, and his hand softly cares her tummy until he follows his wife to the dreamland.

----------

The unfamiliar coldness and chilliness wake Kyungsoo up from his slumber. Opening his eyes slowly, he can only find an empty space where his wife slept last night. Glancing at the clock hanging up on the wall, the man frowns before sitting up. It is just 4 am, but where does she go? Getting up from the bed, he walks to check in the bathroom but find no one there. His brows furrow harder as the concern rises up in his heart. Kyungsoo abruptly leaves the bedroom and walks downstairs to check other rooms.

Sighing in relief, he slowly walks into the kitchen toward the counter where his wife is sitting on with a huge cup of ice-cream in her hand. Her face beams as she gulps down another spoon of her favorite strawberry ice-cream with her legs swings back and forth like a little kid who does not care about anything in the world. Kyungsoo’s face softens at the innocent sign in front of him.

“I see you left your husband sleeping alone for ice-cream huh?” The deep manly voice startles the girl making her slightly jump and turn her head to the source with her widened eyes. Kyungsoo chortles seeing her cute reaction before walking toward her. As he arrives in front of her, the man spreads her legs gently and steps in to stand between them before resting both of his hands on the counter beside Yunae’s hips and leaning closer to her. With his intent eyes staring so lovely at her, Yunae suddenly feels shy and wants to escape, but she is already trapped in his arms.

“why did you wake up so early?”

“Shall I ask you the same thing?” Kyungsoo raises his brow a little asking for some answers from her, but the lady just stares at him with her lips pressing together. “Morning sickness?” Yunae just smiles sheepishly before looking down at the ice-cream in her hands. He sighs. “You should have woken me up.” She quickly shakes her head.

“You came home so late last night. I don’t want to disturb you from sleeping.”

“And I don’t want you to suffer alone. This is also a part of me…” Putting his hand on her waist, he glances at her little bump lovingly before looking back at his wife. “and you’re my responsibility. I have to take good care of you. I know I can’t help reduce the pain but at least let me stay with you during those hard times through this pregnancy. I already feel that I am such a bad husband for not being able to spend much time with you.”

Yunae, once again, shakes her head and places her small hands on his face holding him affectionately. “You will never be a bad husband, Kyungsoo. Don’t think that you are one. You are more than what I could ask for.” Her remark unconsciously brings a smile on her husband’s face, and her panicky reaction makes him want to just kiss her so badly.

“Call me when you have hard times hmm?”

“Promise!”

“Good”

Then silence embraces them. The married couple just spend time enjoying each other’s presence and admiring one another without uttering a word. Soft smiles never leave their face. Their eyes are sparkling looking at each other. Their hands are gently caring each other’s skins. Love can be clearly seen on them. And everyone can say they are madly in love.

Breaking her gaze from his, she starts to race his skin down using her index finger as her eyes follows the movement of her hand. Kyungsoo’s breath hitches when his wife cares his skin in a slow motion, but he says nothing and just lets her do whatever she wants. Her small finger stops its track on his neck and cares his small mole, the most attractive feature of him for her. She bites her lower lip as she eyes her finger moving on his neck, and her action makes her husband’s lips curve into a smirk. This similar expression makes him believe that she is feeling something now, and it also brings heat to his body.

After spending some time adore his neck mole, her finger continues its journey down to her husband’s torso. From a smooth neck to a sculpture collarbone, from a firm chest to well-build belly, she feels every muscle he has under her touch. Gosh… he is so beautiful.

Seeing her stare at his body without blinking, Kyungsoo cannot hide his proud smirk and leans in closer until their body touch before whispering sensually to her ear with that deep husky voice of his. “Like what you see?” her face turns to his at the same time as he turns to her making them face each other with their noses touch. They breathe the same air now. Yunae’s face turns red because of the closeness as Kyungsoo stares straight into her eyes with his lips curving up.

“How can you appear so hot in the early morning?”

“Is it a good sign or a bad sign?”

“Not so good for my heart”

“What should we do then?” He talks with his low voice as he wiggles his brows at Yunae who is shyly smiling at him. Their lips are a few centimeters away from one another. Their body touch as their arms hold each other. The room suddenly turns hot, and Kyungsoo starts to feel excited. Seems like they are going to have some steamy session later; that is what he thinks.

“I think… this can help” But that is not Yunae thinks. Taking him by surprised, she excitedly takes her ice-cream cup and shows it in front of her husband, who is staring at the sweet in her hand blankly in confuse. “Here! Let’s cool down the temperature!” She starts to eat and beams without caring of Kyungsoo who recently get speechless because of her excitement over her cold dessert. He does not know whether to feel disappointed, frustrated, or amused; maybe all at the same time.

“Want some?” Yunae offers a spoon of her ice-cream to her husband. He sighs in defeat and accepts it halfheartedly.

“Ok”

 

Both of them just share the ice-cream and talk about random stuffs until they finish it. Kyungsoo throws the cup in the trash bin as Yunae washes the spoon. Coming behind her, he just lifts her as if she weights nothing and carries her in a bridal style which makes her shriek in surprised.

“Ok let’s get this big baby to her bed”

“I’m not sleepy”

“I’ll make you sleepy then”

 

Placing her gently on their bed, Kyungsoo then walks to locked the door and turns off the light before turning back to his wife, who is sitting with her legs crossing as her eyes follow his every movement. He raises his brows in wonder and walks toward his woman. Sitting in front of her, he asks. “What’s with that look huh?”

“You said you would make me sleepy”

“You’re waiting?”

“Yes”

“Here you go”

As soon as he finishes his talk, he leans in and attacks her lips with a slight force. The kiss is so sudden that makes Yunae astonished, but not for long she closes her eyes and responds to him. Their lips are firmly pressed to one another, and the slow and passionate moves are created later. His right hand cups her jaw stilling her head so that she will not sway back because of the force he puts on her lips. Without breaking the kiss, Kyungsoo lays his wife down on her pillow using his forearms to supporting his weight so that he will not crash on her petite body and her little bump. Having their arms around each other, they continue to kiss softly and deeply showing their affectionate toward one another. Leaving her slight swell lips, he traces his fluttered kiss to her jawline before ending on her neck. He s and her skin lightly making the girl whimper.

“Kyunsoo?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sleepy now” Her words make the man above her abruptly stop his action. He looks up at his wife and sees her rub her droopy eyes sleepily making him speechless once again.   

“Really?” She nodded with her still swollen lip making her look like a pouted child. Kyungsoo cannot do anything but chuckle before laying himself down beside her and bringing her body close to his as much as possible.

“Ok sleep princess. Tomorrow is Saturday. You don’t have to worry about waking up early for work.” Yunae nods and snuggles into her husband’s embrace before wrapping her arms around his torso. Kyunsoo also tightens his arms around her as he places his chin on top of her head.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Hmm?”

“Can you sing for us?”

“Alright”

 

As if I was reborn as a child
Who doesn’t know anything
I thought it was a dream
So I closed my eyes and opened them again
I am standing in front of you as if I was praying
I want to walk side by side
With you at least once,
Just once

I ride the soft wind into your world
I go right next to you and you ask where I came from
You asked so innocently so I answered that it is a secret
Because if we just walk together like this
Wherever we go, it’ll be heaven

 

(Angel by exo)

(Lyrics are from: https://colorcodedlyrics.com/2012/04/exo-k-into-your-world-angel-neoui-sesangeulo-angel )

 

Hearing her soft snore, he stops singing and glances down at the woman in his arms. A small warmth smile appears on his face as he keeps admiring the beauty. He cannot describe how much he loves her. He does not know how much he admires and respects this petite woman. Her body looks so fragile like a glass to him making him want to always protect her from getting hurt, but she is a lot stronger than he thought. Every day she prepares meal for them and takes care of the house without complaints though she is tired. She has to go to work since morning until late noon; although he can manage their living condition, she still insists to work because she does not want to waste her bachelor degree, which she spent time and money to achieve, just to stay at home doing housework. Despite being busy, she has never once failed to take care of him and also Golden. Now another human is on his/her way entering in their life; thing will be harder for her, but she has never shown her tiredness and difficulties. Otherwise, she is happy and looking forward to their little angel because he/she is going to complete their small family. Unconsciously, his hand moves to touch her tummy. He can feel the bump and that makes his smile widen. He also feels blessed that they are going to have a child on their own. He is so thankful for having them in his life.

Pressing his lips on her crown, he closes his eyes and prays in his mind hoping for good health for both his wife and their child before falling asleep with his love.